Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 01/06/16  (Read 4903 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 01/06/16
« on: January 05, 2016, 12:17:40 PM »

Episode Clips
Line Em Up
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 01:06:41 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Cephas

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: TPIR Recap - 01/06/16
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 02:16:41 PM »
I'm not sure if the Racing School was only a one-day event, but it seemed odd that there was no hotel or transportation offered with it. Those who live outside of Southern California would likely have significant travel costs to take that prize. I feel that most non-SoCal residents would decline it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:50:20 AM by Torgo »

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:18:08 PM »
Man...And I thought Marina on Check Out from Monday was snake-bitten. Tyler really was a hard-luck contestant today. Had it not been for that hand vacuum on Shell Game...Even the SCSD didn't give him much love either.

And I think in regards of Shell, I really didn't think that putting PaN 1st (much less, for a car) was a bad idea. Turning a quickie game into quickie car game just to make room for something long-winded like Shell Game sure came off a little anti-climatic.

Also, I'm not gonna waste my "time" (no pun intended) with today's Time Is Money playing.

Nevertheless, there were some good wins today. I saw that Do The Math setup from a mile away. SBS and LEU were decent setups today.

I also was surprised that the Morocco trip on SC2 was gonna be cheap this time, but not as surprised as I was when George said BMW, and I thought it would be a car. Turns out that it was a BMW motorcycle. Did I miss a memo or something? When did that happen?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:20:43 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:59:43 PM »
And I think in regards of Shell, I really didn't think that putting PaN 1st (much less, for a car) was a good idea.
Had to fix that.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 08:43:34 PM »
Man...And I thought Marina on Check Out from Monday was snake-bitten. Tyler really was a hard-luck contestant today.
That really was bad luck. When was the last time that has happened in Shell?

I saw that Do The Math setup from a mile away. SBS and LEU were decent setups today.
I also thought Do The Math was really easy today. I said "minus" before I even saw the difference.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 09:10:03 PM »
That really was bad luck. When was the last time that has happened in Shell?

I also thought Do The Math was really easy today. I said "minus" before I even saw the difference.
May 23, 2013 to answer your Shell question, and yes, DTM was obvious today. I saw that Time is Money loss coming as soon as she started looking at the audience.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 11:23:37 PM »
I wonder what made them start the show with Pick a Number for a car. To me it's just a dull way to begin the show, even played for a car. I think starting with Shell Game would've made more sense.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 03:29:54 AM »
Okay, that was easily the most unintentionally funny episode of The Price Is Right I've ever seen.  Six contestants had the same names as cast members -- there was a John, a Chantel, a Kathleen, a Nicole, a Daniel Goddard, and a Diana.  As if that weren't enough, Chantel and Diana are both either engaged or married to guys named Richard (because if we're covering Rich Fields, I guess we also have to cover Rich Jefferies), and Kathleen's son, Bradley, was at the show with her, celebrating his 33rd birthday in Studio 33.  Honest to God, if I didn't know better, I'd think they'd planted these people.

And since we apparently can't let the weirdness stop there, the lineup also started out kind of nuts, opening with Pick-a-Number for a car and then continuing right into the totally-not-due Shell Game.  It got a little more normal after that, but holy man, that was one goofy episode in the best way possible.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.