Author Topic: The Prodigal Host (Or the Past, Present, and Future of FPG)  (Read 41272 times)

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
Re: The Prodigal Host (Or the Past, Present, and Future of FPG)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 10:20:41 PM »
Yay for more petty drama!

CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 10:26:02 PM »
Your response to a legitimate criticism, whether it was said in jest or not, and one that blew up so much that "collusion" is now an inside joke - was to basically ragequit for a month, and now not even accept said criticism and lash back out at Torgo with a silly FPG suspension. That showed very thin skin, very unbecoming of a leader on this website.

The whole collusion game and the aftermath of it has blown up into an unforgivable strike in my opinion. I think an impeachment poll by the players is necessary.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 10:44:52 PM »
Enough silly name-calling around here.

This. Discuss the events of this thread all you want, that's certainly fine...but if I see any more petty name-calling, I will start suspending accounts. I don't really care who it is. I don't care who started it. I'm sick of reading it. You can question a decision all you want and respond to a personal attack while maintaining a level of respect.

I will go on record and say that I vehemently disagree with the decision to suspend Torgo for four games. Torgo isn't completely in the clear here, either...but it's a silly forum game. It's not worth it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 11:00:16 PM by therealcu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 12:16:38 AM »
Cu's post notwithstanding, this thread is a freaking clusterfuck.  I'm LOCKING it until Chelsea can look at it so no one has any more chances to say something inflammatory on the subject in the heat of the moment.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 08:34:11 PM »
I am suspending the game for one week. If you want to play a just for fun game off the boards, I am okay with that, but any semblance of an official FPG for the week is hereby cancelled.

Fireball, you have a PM. Please read it and respond to me between now and Tuesday. If I don't receive a response by 8 PM ET on Tuesday, then I will make the assumption contained therein and move forward. Hopefully, we can arrive at a much more favorable set of results, however.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 10:33:26 PM »
BRB_TheFireball has elected to step down as host of the FPG. I want to sincerely thank him for his dedicated service to the site and to the game.  I'm sorry things ended as they did, but wish you the best with everything going forward!

Regarding Torgo, as a general rule I don't like overruling player suspensions within games, and will uphold the decision to suspend him for four weeks, although I now consider the suspension to be four calendar weeks.  The game was scrapped this week, and is off next week, leaving a two game suspension. Should the new host wish to make any alterations to this decision, this is now his right to make, but that is my interpretation of the current situation.

Whammy007 has graciously agreed to be the host of the FPG through the remainder of season.  My sincerest thanks!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:36:43 PM by Chelsea »

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 11:23:24 PM »
I'd like to take this opportunity to echo a bit of what Chelsea said and wish Fireball the best in any future endeavors. I think we can all agree that the last month didn't go down in a way anyone ever expected or wanted it to, but I don't want that exchange to completely overshadow Firey's three-plus seasons of quality service as host of the Friday Prediction Game. I can only try to do my best in his place and hope my tenure as the head of FPG is half as smooth as his was (the events of 2016 notwithstanding).

With that said, there's nothing more to be gained by dredging up the past, no matter how recent it may be. As the interim host of FPG, I want us all to be looking forward with our eyes on the prize, that shining Goodson-Dobkowitz Cup which will be awarded at the end of the season. Our next scheduled game is on January 29, which gives us two full weeks to calm the frayed nerves and get back into rhythm... and continue the vigil for Let 'em Roll, that game is becoming ridiculously due. :P

That does bring me to one final piece of business I want to address, which is the matter of Torgo's suspension. Let me first go on record as saying that I don't approve of the remarks made by either Fireball or Torgo to each other in the various threads over the last month. Maybe there was a simple miscommunication between them, maybe there wasn't, I don't know and I don't care. What I do care about, however, is the integrity of the game, which was breached by Fireball when he suspended Torgo as personal retaliation for those comments. Torgo's actions are not, I repeat NOT, blameless in this situation, but neither are they in violation of any of the rules of FPG. As such, Torgo's suspension is hereby rescinded. He will be eligible to play in the next game along with everyone else.

I believe that covers everything I meant to say for now. As previously mentioned, FPG will resume on Friday, January 29, with Episode 7375K serving as the make-up for this week's Play-Along game. I hope to see you all then, or at least to see all of your lineups in my PM box.