Author Topic: @FPG 1/29/16 - The $616,000 Pricetag Wars Edition (PLAY-ALONG II)  (Read 2234 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
It's 10:59 and 59 seconds... let's play @FPG!

That's right, we're finally getting to play FPG for the first time in three weeks! And, of course, running true to form for our luck, it's a special week. Specifically, we've had Socially Awesome Week these last few days, which taped out of order from the surrounding episodes. We even had several games spoiled or hinted at in the promo - but then all of them showed up already.

So now it's time for this week's Pricetag Wars! When you submit your FPG lineup to me, also feel free to throw in any responses you can think of for the prompt...

#RuinAPricingGame

I'll pick out the best three or four submissions when I post up the picks and frequencies to share with the group. This will not score you any additional points or cash, but should be good for some additional laughs. What WILL score you additional cash, however, is the Play-Along feature this week, making up for the one we missed two weeks ago due to the assorted kerfluffle. Don't forget to mark your PA games and indicate if you're deciding to go ALL-IN!

Who will win the Internet? Who will come out on top in our first FPG match since January 8? Will we be SANDBAGged multiple times once again? The answers to these and many other burning questions all coming soon, here on @FPG!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Current Spoilers: None known, but check the spoilers thread in case something new shows up.

This Week's Lineups (in white text to prevent spoiling slower watchers, highlight to see):
Monday (#7371K) - Any/DP/Bag/Cross/Balance/L7
Tuesday (#7372K) - Push/Strikes/Vend/Switch/Bonkers/Key
Wednesday (#7373K) - 5PT/Freeze/Safe/Buck/Squeeze/T2
Thursday (#7374K) - ME/PaN/Path/Magic/Card/Grand

Note From The Host: I have to go to a job interview Friday afternoon which will require me to be gone all day Friday and at least half of Saturday (driving time/distance is a you-know-what). I will not have access to my computer during that time, so I will have to post picks, frequencies, and results upon my return. If possible (this has not been 100% locked in yet), I may ask a staff member to post (after the deadline, but before the show) all picks that I am able to receive and process before I have to leave. This would not be everyone's picks, but it should give folks at least some idea of the picking trends while watching the show and chatting on Friday without leaving you all completely in the dark for over 24 hours after the game is played. I apologize for the delay, but a job interview must by necessity come before a forum game in the priorities list.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:27:29 PM by whammy007 »

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: @FPG 1/29/15 - The $235,000 Pricetag Wars Edition (PLAY-ALONG II)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 01:58:50 PM »
So... I got in a rush and completely forgot that we have a bunch of extra money floating around. Taking a look back into the FPG files and the recaps from the week of January 15, we have $388,831 rolled forward from the 12/18 game and $322,462 rolled forward from the 1/15 game. Those totals combined give us $711,293 in money carrying forward to the present.

By FPG rules, when the rollover amount is over $400,000 it will be split between the next two FPG games. Therefore, $355,647 will be added to this week's pot and $355,646 to next week's (to avoid rounding, I'm chucking the odd dollar in this week's pot). That puts the total so far for this game up over $591,000 instead of just $235,000. Sorry I almost forgot about that, but that's what happens when we have so much time off. The thread title will be updated momentarily.

FOLLOW-UP EDIT: Just realized I had the game marked for 2015... man, I'm really not with it today, am I?  :P

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: @FPG 1/29/16 - The $591,000 Pricetag Wars Edition (PLAY-ALONG II)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 05:29:41 PM »
#leaveanoteonmyfridgeandcallmyselfarudewordtoremindmyselfthatineedtocarryovertheotherhalfotheleftovercashtonextweek
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: @FPG 1/29/16 - The $616,000 Pricetag Wars Edition (PLAY-ALONG II)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 10:29:52 PM »
Just realized I forgot to double the Friday total from the week of 1/15. That bumps the rollover from that week to $372,706. The total rollover is now $761,537 so $380,768 will be split to this game and the next one, with the odd dollar still added to this week's pot.

That puts the game at $616K+ and the thread title now reflects that accurately. Hopefully that should be the last correction to the pot other than adding in tomorrow's cash.