Author Topic: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - End Show  (Read 41962 times)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - PG3
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2016, 11:16:43 PM »
You've chosen to keep the video game. How much was the fabric steamer?

$50. Let's put that in the Give column.

*ding*

Okay, let's see the next two prizes.

A board game and a remote. Listen.

“From University Games, Hang On Harvey is the hit board game giving families around the country an uproarious good time on game night!”

“And then, this black universal remote control has twelve one-touch system control functions for up to eight AV components including TV, VCR or DVD!”

Which one would you like now?
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Cephas

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2016, 11:35:28 PM »
The remote

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2016, 12:05:09 AM »
You are keeping the remote. How much is the board game?

$30. We'll add that to the Give column for a total of $80.

*ding*

And finally, we have...

...a remover and a towel set. Duvet, if you please.

“This light hair remover is guaranteed to get the job done with little fuss and little pain.”

“Next, this six piece fade resistant cotton towel set from AmazonBasics is sure to get you or your surroundings dry the next time things end up all wet. From AmazonBasics!”

One more pick please.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Cephas

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2016, 09:13:23 AM »
I'll say the towel set.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2016, 10:51:18 AM »
You've chosen the towel set. How much is the hair remover?

$10. Let's add that in.

*ding*

$90 is the total in the Give column. Now, Cephas. That towel set, that remote, and that video game are all yours regardless of what happens. Now that sounds like a great Saturday night to me, but wouldn't it be a fantastic Saturday night if you had all of those things IN Hawaii? If those three that you've kept total to more that $90, you'll give me my second winner of the day. Let's take a look. How much is the video game?

*ding*

$60. Good start. Let's see the remote.

*ding*

$25. That gives you a total of $85 in the keep column. I think you're a winner. If those towels are more that $5, you're a winner. How much are they?

*ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *cue Main Theme*

It's $18! For a total of $103 that you've kept, you're a winner! Congratulations!

That's two winners out of three games. That ain't a bad record to start my HYO career. Stick around, the Showcase Showdown is coming up next!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 10:53:58 AM by thepriceis_J »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - SCSD
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2016, 02:10:42 PM »
“Closed Captioning is paid for in part by..."

"...the new Bid-to-Speech service from OnStar! Giving you the opportunity to send in blind bids for anything from CSS to that creepy Ebay auction of an actual pound of flesh, the Bid-to-Speech service allows you to speak your bid and submit it while barreling down the interstate at 70mph! No longer endanger yourself or the driving public with your lowball bids! Stay safe with OnStar!"

“Contestants not appearing on stage will receive a Christmas Tree!"

"It may be gone from the actual show, but dammit, we’ll continue the tradition of handing out this cumbersome product that you’ll end up receiving months after you actually need it! From the Memories of a Diehard Fan Corporation!”

“And now, here’s thepriceis_J with the showcase showdown!”

Thank you very much, Duvet. Welcome to the Showcase Showdown where one of the two of you will head to the showcase round. SuperSweeper, in being the top winner for the entire show, you’re already guaranteed a berth in the showcases! You’ll get a chance to spin after Prizes and Cephas to see if you can earn a little bonus cash on the wheel. Now Prizes, you’ve won the least so you’ll spin first, meaning Cephas will spin second. I need two numbers between 1 and 20 and where you’ll be willing to stop. For SuperSweeper, our top winner, I simply need just the one number from the same range.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2016, 02:18:02 PM »
"...the new Bid-to-Speech service from OnStar! Giving you the opportunity to send in blind bids for anything from CSS to that creepy Ebay auction of an actual pound of flesh, the Bid-to-Speech service allows you to speak your bid and submit it while barreling down the interstate at 70mph! No longer endanger yourself or the driving public with your lowball bids! Stay safe with OnStar!"
Something RRF should purchase for his car. :P
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2016, 02:55:17 PM »
I'll say 7, please.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2016, 02:46:28 AM »
9 and 20, stop on 65 cents and above.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2016, 09:06:38 AM »
And here we go with Jess' first spin.

...It's going around. Right round, baby....

...Like a record baby...

....And it looks like this could be good territory. 70 cents...

...25 cents. If it stops right about...

...now! 90 cents! And Jess will stay with that 90.

*ding*

Now, it's time for Cephas to step up to the wheel and give it a spin.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:09:01 AM by thepriceis_J »

Offline Cephas

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2016, 10:32:29 AM »
I'll try 7 and 11; stop at whatever beats or ties Jess.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2016, 12:11:37 PM »
Here comes Cephas' first spin...

...and it's making its way into an area...

...that I don't think will help him in beating Jess...

30 cents.

That isn't enough to beat Jess, so Cephas is spinning again.

And there it goes...

...60 cents to tie. 65 cents to win...

...there goes 70. That would've given him a dollar...

...and oh no, it's slowing down on a spot we would've loved to have seen earlier...

$1.00.

*MRRRRRRP*

And that means you're over. I'm sorry Cephas. Thanks for being with us though and enjoy that trip to Hawaii.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2016, 12:35:25 PM »
Jess. That means that you'll be joining Thupa in the showcase! Before we go though, let's give Thupa his one spin to see if he can earn any bonus cash.

And there it goes...

....we'd love to give away a bit of extra cash today...

...Thupa's only got $1 in cash in addition to his van...

...$1,000 would be nice to add on to that...

...here it comes! Here. It. Comes!...

15 cents!

*ding*

OH! So close and yet so far! That's okay though since the showcases are right around the corner.

That's right. You heard me. The showcase are right around the corner. But first! If you'd love to attend this lovely program, Duvet's got some information for you on tickets. Don't you, Duvet?

“I do! If you’d like to see thepriceis_J’s Price Is Right in person..."

"...send a request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Thepriceis_J’s Price is Right. “Golden-Road.net Studios” 7800 Marc-John Blvd. Los Angeles, California. 90036! Back to you J!”

Thank you very much. The exciting showcases are coming up and you don’t want to miss 'em! We’ll be right back.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - Showcases
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2016, 02:03:55 PM »
Welcome back! Remember that Game Show Network? I do. I miss that.

It’s time for the showcases! Our top winner is SuperSweeper! And our runner up is Prizes! We’ve got two wonderful exciting showcases for the both of you. Thupa being the top winner, you’ll get the option to bid or pass the first showcase we show you. And Jess, you’ll bid accordingly. The one of you who is closer to actual retail price of your showcase will win your showcase! And, if either of you are within $250 of the price of your showcase, we’ll give you BOTH showcases!

Now, pay attention, as we take a look at this first showcase!

“This showcase is all about name calling!"

"If someone calls you a child, you might take offense to that. But, if you really are a child you would enjoy inviting your friends to your new playhouse!”

“From Outdoor Living Today, this nine foot by nine foot Laurens Cottage playhouse comes with 4 functional windows and Dutch door!”

“Next, if someone calls you nosy, they’re probably not talking about the size of your proboscis. But to keep up with that reputation with high quality resolution peeking, here’s a new camera!”

“Get beautiful quality with this Digital SLR Camera from Cannon! This 20.2 Megapixel camera comes with a 3-inch Clear View touch screen LCD monitor and dual pixel live view that allows for fantastic smooth video and the superb image quality expected of Cannon! STM Kit included!”

“Finally, if someone calls you a slowpoke, you could take it to mean that you resemble the Pokemon of the same name. However, they probably just mean to call you slow. In that case, prove them wrong in your new car!”

“It’s the 2016 Scion FR-S! This hot sports car comes with an automatic transmission, all-weather floor mats, mudguards, rear bumper applique, BeSpoke Audio with navigation and 24 hour roadside assistance. The FR-S!”

“So don’t overreact to the name calling and let the haters talk to the hand because you’re on TV and this showcase could be yours if The Price Is Right!”

Talk to the hand? You might be on TV, but you also might be stuck in some '90s type of hell. Is Roseanne coming up next? All right, Thupa. Do you want to bid or pass on that showcase?

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - Showcases
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2016, 02:37:21 PM »
I've already won a car, so I will pass it to Jess.