Author Topic: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - End Show  (Read 41961 times)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - PG1
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2016, 08:59:31 PM »

*ding*

Well, I'm glad we got that out of the way now. And I've now given away my first cash amount of my HYO hosting career, and am proud to say that it is $1! Enjoy your dollar and give me another pick.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:02:33 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - IUFB1
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2016, 09:11:12 PM »
Let's play opposites and go with 95.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2016, 09:24:46 PM »

*ding ding ding*

Now we're cooking! Find the front half of that van and it's all yours!

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2016, 09:29:34 PM »
Let's make it a 9 sandwich and go with 29.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - PG 1
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2016, 09:46:40 PM »

*ding ding ding ding ding ding ding* *cue main theme*

You've done it! Hot dog! I've got my first ever winner and you've got a brand new mini-van! Enjoy it!

Stick around we've got more Price Is Right coming up after this!

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - IUFB 2
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2016, 10:31:38 PM »
Hope you enjoyed that commercial. It's a favorite of mine and the recent instance of the grounds crew of Super Bowl 50 accidentally beginning to paint the Broncos logo on the wrong endzone made that commercial relevant again.

Now, we've already had one winner. I'm ready to have another. But first, we need someone to take Thupa's spot. Who is that person?

“It’s TPIRFan2000! Come on down! You’re the next contestant on The Price is Right!”

Our recapper is here! Watch out! Welcome to the row, 2K. Hopefully, you’ll do well and that can start with this second item up for bids.

*Door 3 opens*

“It’s a new sofa!"

"From La Z Boy, it’s a Briggs La-Z-Time Full Reclining Sofa. Sit back and relax and let the soft fabric of this three seat sofa take you away from the world for a little while. La-Z-Boy, live life comfortably!”

Let’s start the bidding on that sofa with you 2K.

Bidding Order:
TPIRFan2000
Flerbert419
Cephas
Prizes

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:39:13 PM by thepriceis_J »

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2016, 10:35:35 PM »
$1,649
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2016, 10:38:42 PM »
$999.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - IUFB2
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 10:48:11 PM »

*ding*

*ding*

All right. Done and done. 2K and Flerb are in.

What say you, Cephas?

Offline Cephas

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »
$1049

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2016, 11:41:28 PM »
Sorry, Cephas, but got to do it:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:44:45 PM by Prizes »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - PG2
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2016, 12:19:28 AM »

*ding*

*ding*

And the last two bids are in. Here we go.

The actual retail price of that sofa is… $1499! Jess gets it and away we go!

*ding ding ding ding ding ding*

*walks to Door 2, where Magic # is warmed up*

Right here, Jess. Now that you’re here, you can see that we’re going to play Magic Number. I have a couple of prizes I want to give you. Take a look!

“It’s a new TV and a new gumball machine!”

“First, this 65 inch LED Smart TV from Samsung offers a stunning picture for perfect Price viewing.”

“Next, is this SIX FOOT, NINE INCH spiral gumball machine from Mega Wizard. With a capacity for 20,000 1 inch gumballs and a lighted spiral delivery system, this behemoth of a centerpiece will be a topic of conversation at your home for years to come! 100lbs of gumballs included as a bonus! Back to you, J!”

Thank you very much. Now Jess, to win these two prizes, you’re going to set the magic number. I’ll tell you that the gumball machine is the more expensive of the two and the TV is the less expensive. I want you to set the magic number to a price that is GREATER than the price of the TV, but LOWER than the price of the gumball machine. Do so and I’ll give you both prizes! Now, the 100lbs of gumballs are a bonus and are not included into the price of the gumball machine. Please keep that in mind. Think wisely now and set the magic number!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:21:29 AM by thepriceis_J »

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2016, 12:33:23 AM »
Ooooo! Thanks for having me here, JJ. My dentist that I no longer have coverage for is going to love me if I win this, as is my main doctor after I never leave my room from watching enough TV, not to mention having Homer Simpson's beer belly.

Let's tinker with this thing enough since I've always wanted to: Allllllll the way up, annnnnndddd now allll the way down. Ah, that was some kind of rush. But now, for real, I'll put it at $2,222.

Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - PG2
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2016, 01:34:22 AM »

Okay, you've set the Magic # for $2,222. Let's see if you've won. Is her magic number less than the price of the gumball machine? What is the price?

Alright, it is with the gumball machine being $3,324. Now, if that TV is less or at your magic number of $2,222, you'll be a winner, have cavities, and a large screen to watch Netflix on. What is the price of that TV?

*buzzzzzzzzzz* *cue losing horns*

Oh no! The TV was $2,800. I'm sorry to say that you didn't win, but you did give it a good shot. You've got that fantastic sofa though, and you'll have a good shot at being in the showcases when we tackle the showcase showdown coming up later. Thank you, Jess.

Well, we didn't get a winner here, but that's okay. We're still giving away a lot and we'll a have a chance to do that once more coming up!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:37:26 AM by thepriceis_J »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: thepriceis_J's First Ever HYO: Ep. 1 - IUFB3
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2016, 02:06:07 AM »
Alright, welcome back. My kitchen is destroyed, but hopefully its destruction has persuaded you away from drugs. What am I talking about. You all are smart. The only thing most of us are hooked on is FPG.

Announcer?

“Yes, J.”

You don't have a name do you?

"No, not at this point."

I couldn't come up with a suitable one prior to showtime. How does Duvet sound?

"Duvet?"

Yeah. My reasoning is that it's like a celebrity name. And what could be more celebrity than naming you after the type of bedding you were conceived on?

"Whatever you say, sir."

We’ve got one more game to play, you know that right?

“Yes, I do.”

Well, that means I need one final player, a winner, to take this final spot. Who is it, Duvet?

“It’s JustBecause! Come on down! You’re the next contestant on The Price is Right!”

Welcome JustBecause! You’re our final contestant, so I wish you the best. Here we go. What’s the final item up for bids?

*from around the turntable*

“It’s a brand new set of luggage!”

“From L.L. Bean, this three piece Sportsman’s Expandable Luggage Set offers an improved two-piece frame system with thick foam padding and a light strong-molded base for sturdy traveling wherever you go and whenever the baggage handler's ready to go to lunch!”

You know the spiel by now. Let’s get those bids!

Bidding Order:
JustBecause
TPIRFan2000
Flerbert419
Cephas