Author Topic: TRYING TO FIND COPY OF '84-'85 EMMY WIN FOR MARC BRESLOW  (Read 1076 times)

Offline mgbwest

• Outside in Line
TRYING TO FIND COPY OF '84-'85 EMMY WIN FOR MARC BRESLOW
« on: February 02, 2016, 01:45:18 PM »
My dad won a few emmy's and I wanted to try and find footage of specifically '84 Daytime Emmy's because my sister and I ran up on stage with him. Any ideas as to where I might find that?  :-D :-D :-D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:16:12 PM by therealcu2010 »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TRYING TO FIND COPY OF '84-'85 EMMY WIN FOR MARC BRESLOW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 04:42:26 PM »
I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to contact the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, but I would try there first. They have a YouTube channel on which they've uploaded numerous clips. My assumption is that they of all people would have that moment in addition to the entire telecast. I would hope that they'd be willing to help out the family of a past winner, but I'd have no way of knowing for sure. But if there is a way to contact them, and I'm sure there is, I would start there first.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline mgbwest

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 12:11:33 PM »
wow, that was almost too easy. I have placed a call to the Academy and am awaiting a call back. Hopefully it's a very easy process. Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline LarryC

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 04:12:40 PM »
wow, that was almost too easy. I have placed a call to the Academy and am awaiting a call back. Hopefully it's a very easy process. Thanks for the suggestion!
I really hope they're able to get this for you.  Your dad was an extraordinarily talented man!  He made "The Price is Right" what it was with his always-creative and energetic direction.

If you've read some of the threads on this forum, there's lots of love for Marc Breslow on them.

Offline mgbwest

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 01:48:33 PM »
UPDATE: Spoke with an incredibly kind gentleman named Delroy who has taken an interest in my request and is doing whatever possible to make this happen. Told him why I was named Mark instead of like my dad, Marc. My mom and Goodson were close and none of his kids would name any of their kids after him. So he asked if she had a boy would SHE name that son after him. Having been told that my dad was too old to have a boy, she agreed. Alas, I am named Mark Goodson Breslow! Anyway, looking forward to sharing footage if I get it.