Author Topic: How Am I Pricing?: The FPG Suggestion Box  (Read 2513 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
How Am I Pricing?: The FPG Suggestion Box
« on: February 03, 2016, 04:23:12 PM »
Hello there, fellow Golden-Roaders. I know we've had a fair bit of disagreements, miscommunication, and other assorted hoopla recently. This is my attempt to keep that mess to a minimum, at least as far as the Friday Prediction Game is concerned.

This thread is an open forum for anyone to make comments about the game and/or its host. Don't like something in the rules? Post about it. Convoluted spoiler issue? Post about it. Host doing something you don't like? Definitely post about that, I want to improve myself as we continue to go forward. Host doing something you DO like? Post about that too, I like kudos at least as much as the next member.

I won't promise judgment reversals or instant rule changes based on posts made in here, but I do promise to consider everything that is said carefully. Something may be suggested to which my answer is "no" or "not this season," but when I do so, I will do my best to address it and give a logical reason why not. You may decide that your issue is best discussed privately, and if so, my PM box is always open. But I want everyone to have this line of communication not just to talk AT the host, or TO the host, but truly WITH the host, and also with each other as necessary.

Everyone will have their different viewpoints on certain topics, that's never going to change. Just remember that all forum rules are still in full effect, so if any member causes problems by being disrespectful or rude, our admin staff WILL take the necessary disciplinary action. As long as discussion here is kept sensible and respectful, I'm more than happy to work with all of you to help make a better FPG as long as I am able to continue as host.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: How Am I Pricing?: The FPG Suggestion Box
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM »
I feel you have done an exceptional job as host, and the announcement and instructions have been clear.  I really like how have you added the played games list in the post of each game.  I think this enhancement levels the playing field and frankly just makes it a bit easier to want to play rather than clicking through all the past recaps.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
I also appreciate listing the previous lineups in the FPG posts. It makes doing picks easier. You're doing a fine job so far, keep up the good work. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »
I'm glad you folks feel that I've been doing all right so far. I know things in December and January were a bit of a mess, so I've just been doing my best to keep the game going. My hope is that as we go through the spring, we can get fully back in stride and regain some of the players who have been laying out through the time of issues.

As far as putting the games in the announcement posts, I was trying to think of things which I could do as a host to make players' lives easier, things which I remembered being a hassle to me as a player. Knowing that having to open multiple recap tabs is a headache (especially where I am, where the Internet is TERRIBLE), I figured it wouldn't be too much effort to take a minute and throw them up there. I would put them in a spoiler tag to hide them completely from view for the late watchers, but GR doesn't have spoiler tags, so white text will have to do.