Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 04/01/2016 (April Fool's Day Special)  (Read 19765 times)

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPIR Recap - 04/01/2016 (April Fool's Day Special)
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 03:02:55 PM »
where I can found a complete list of mistakes?! Thanks!
The show said they'd be uploading a video with all of the answers today, though having looked at cbs.com, priceisright.com, and the show's YouTube channel, it hasn't been uploaded yet.

On that note - since the contest is over, feel free to discuss all of the gags from this show.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Online TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 09:53:11 PM »
Their Official Facebook page just posted the Mistakes Video
https://www.facebook.com/ThePriceIsRightCBS/?fref=ts
It just shows the mistakes.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 10:09:06 PM »
#12 is the only one I didn't notice... what an obscure one that was.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 10:15:45 PM »
Kudos to the staff for making the majority of the fakes cute and noticable, but leaving enough bread crumbs for the true fans.  Have to say they did a nice job here.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Online TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2016, 10:24:20 PM »
I wonder based on the Video posted, which mistakes were the hardest to spot.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2016, 10:26:53 PM »
I never found the time to go back and re-watch the show to really scrutinize everything, but I caught most of the mistakes the first time. I probably would have never noticed the one bid cards being a different color or Amber and Rachel switching places between camera shots during the third IUFB. I'm surprised I didn't catch the carpet missing during the second Showcase Showdown, though -- that was probably one of the most obvious ones of all!  Interestingly, I did write down that the camera seemed way too zoomed out a couple of times during SCSD 2, but I guess that's a normal thing that I've just never picked up on before. I also wrote down several things Drew said that were kind of out in left field, but apparently they weren't intentional.

Can't wait to find out which one of us won! :P
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2016, 10:29:28 PM »
What I didn't catch:
"Llama Bay"
differently-colored one-bid cards
screen background rotating in opposite direction
models swapping in IUFB3
light boxes on door turned off during showcases

I'm surprised "JAPAN" being all the way at the top left of the screen during SC1 wasn't a mistake.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2016, 10:31:04 PM »
Wow, I'm pretty proud of myself...I think the only things I missed completely were "Llama Bay," Door #4's background moving the wrong direction, Amber morphing into Rachel during the third Item up for Bids, and Push Over's hands not being there.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2016, 10:34:03 PM »
Only missed #12/Door 4's wrong rotation, myself.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2016, 12:00:03 AM »
Watched on CBS.com so didn't catch the two mistakes in the closed captioning bumpers. Shenanigans!

Got most of them, but missed the different colored price tags, rotating background on Door #4, missing hands in Push Over and the backwards E in New Orleans trip.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2016, 01:12:57 AM »
See, I noticed the Door 4 pattern, but I thought the show used multiple patterns on the back panel already. Furthermore, I thought different shows used different one-bid cards, so I didn't count that as a mistake.

I caught everything else. I still say Hans having a popped collar, new boots and one hand on his axe should count.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2016, 02:53:21 AM »
33/48 is good or bad? :-D

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2016, 06:39:32 PM »
I didn't pre-watch the show, just the answers clip.  48 is a ton of goofs, probably rewarding anyone who got ALL of them.

Those are new Money Game boat graphics, right?

The doors don't look half bad turned off.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2016, 09:13:53 PM »
I suppose those are new graphics in Money Game. Either way, I was so pleased to see that they did that. I really hope they intend to make those boat graphics more than a one time use and actually start playing Money Game for boats again, even if rarely. That'd be really cool.

It was really a highly enjoyable show. I really like how they segued from George explaining the show to the opening.

If they have two separate dollar bills for Punch-A-Bunch, the old $10,000 and the current $25,000 one, then they should totally bring out the $10K one whenever someone wins that amount.

I like that in addition to having everything going on, they decided to offer a bunch of shampoo as well just because.

I think I missed the change in Door 4 and that was it. So we'll see what happens.

Finally, did the area in which you place the price on Push Over have a name? I didn't know it did, but Plexi-Tunnel sounds pretty cool.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2016, 09:24:22 PM »
Finally, did the area in which you place the price on Push Over have a name? I didn't know it did, but Plexi-Tunnel sounds pretty cool.

Plexi-Tunnel sounds like the tunnels at aquariums where you walk underneath the fish.   :oldlol:

This was a fun takeoff on a familiar theme...accessible, yet still pretty tough.  If WE couldn't find all of the errors, could anyone?   8-O