Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/19/2007  (Read 11784 times)

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/19/2007
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 05:17:08 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Most Expensive -- 2:02
Punch a Bunch -- 2:45
That's Too Much -- 1:53
Squeeze Play -- 1:19
Bullseye --
Dice Game --

The last two times will be edited in as soon as I see the preempted portion.

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 05:36:07 PM »
Another TTM loss.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but we only saw this game won just 4 times, out of say 15?

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 05:42:59 PM »
Pretty good show from what we saw today, Bullseye was played which is always cool.

ME: Lara certainly was nervous wasn't she? Great win to start things off.

Punchboard: OUCH. $50 with all 3 punches. That's just cruel luck.

Showcases: The "every trip in the house" showcase was way more than I thought it would be.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 05:52:11 PM »
Most Expensive: Lara looked nervous.  Great win to start things off, for that dinette looked the costliest.

Punchboard: UGH....the deep freeze continues.

TTM: I thought Bennny quit 2 places too soon.

Squeeze Play: Easy, for that 1 stuck out like a sore thumb.

SC: Man that ETITH was costlier than I thought.  Good for Telly bidding $1 after Lara was clearly over on the waverunner.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 06:23:31 PM »
Anyone else surprised to see Lara go so far over on her Showcase after being so amazed that everything in Most Expensive was so expensive?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 07:53:07 PM »
Most: Lara's reaction to the prices of the Luggage and the Popcorn Cart was Priceless. I also guessed the dinette as ME. :-D

Punch: Oh, That's cold!!!

TTM: Benny shouting "TTM" was perfect but his playing spelled doomed after stopping a bit too soon.

Squeeze: The 1 got me. Good win.

:evil:  :evil:  :evil: UGH!!!! Another Special Report.

Showcases: The ending to the 1st showcase was funny. Telly's strategy pays off while poor Lara went a bit too high.

A 3.25 star kickoff.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 10:00:42 PM »
Most Expensive-The luggage definitely looked less expensive than it cost, but it didn't matter because Lara won!

Punch-a-Bunch-OUCH, that really sucks to only get $50 in every hole you punch.  Tough luck.

That's Too Much-The right price was pretty far down the line today.  I knew he had lost when he stopped on $20K.

Squeeze Play-Easy.

Showcases-That was funny when they actually splashed water on Shane at the end of Showcase #1.  It was also funny that when Bob read Telly's ARP of his showcase, some of the people in the audience went *GASP*.   C'mon, what did you expect, for him to get a DSW?  Although they probably did that just for fun.

From the blip I caught of the Race Game curtain in the credits, it looks very cool.  Can't wait to see the whole thing.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline mhrasputin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 10:26:32 PM »
Did anyone notice the consummate great actress that the lovely Brandi Sherwood is? During "Most Expensive", she displayed the price and had a (kayfabe) look of concern on her face. That's good acting. For those that may have taped today's show, listen to her say "So Close" when she revealed the price in "That's Too Much!" though it's somewhat interrupted by the losing horns. Brandi is amazing, that's why she's my favorite Beauty, not only is she beautiful, but she also cares if you win or lose. Gabrielle & Phire are right up there, followed by Rachel.

Offline TPIRCOUSIN

• 6/27/2006
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 10:32:30 PM »
Mhrasputin, you got good ears, bro!  I love me some Brandi Sherwood.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 10:58:08 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6673

Chalet Alpine Folding Travel Trailer
Up to this point, we've had five appearances this season, and since the season began six months ago, it is still yet to appear in a showcase.  Will its next appearance be in the showcase?  Keep on watching.

Shaking up Wayne
Capresso C1300 Coffee/Espresso Maker - $1,000
Sunlite 5 pc Drum Set - $1,330
2 Yamaha VX110 Waverunners - $17,996

Every Trip in the House
With two never before offered hotels in San Francisco and Kuala Lumpur!

Trip to the home of Pixar Studios - $2,632
Trip to Port Douglas - $14,080
Trip to Kuala Lumpur - First we've had Pan Pacific, then we've had Westin, but never before have we had the Best Western Premier Seri Pacific. This trip is $8,837.
Trip to São Paulo - $8,009

Modeling Report Card for March 19, 2007

Brandi's nerves of steel, as well as Phire and Shane, have all nabbed Special Report once again with $73,951, $30,252, and $50,055 respectively!  Compare that to the $27,317 that the viewers of the W stations missed.

The aspercreme and the 25 prizes are worth $133,968.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
MrDeePay wrote:
On the subject of bidding $1 in the Showcase, why don't they just bid $10,000 instead?  It's rare (if ever that is) for Showcases to be that low nowadays.  That way if the other player didn't overbid, the bidder's strat/plan doesn't totally backfire.

$10,000 won't help the contestant win any more than $1 would... if the second bidder is wrong about the first bidder being over, then more likely than not, the first bidder will be very, very close to the right price. So whatever the difference is between the second showcase's price and $10,000, it probably won't be smaller than the difference that the first bidder has.

For example, if Telly had bid $10,000 instead of $1, his difference would have been $23,558. If Lara hadn't been over, it's not too likely that she would have been more than $23,558 under the price of her showcase. So Telly still would have lost.

Besides, it shows more confidence to say $1.

Admittedly, I wasn't looking for it in this episode, but why would they debut the new Race Game curtain on a Thursday taping? Wouldn't they wait for Monday? Was that really the new curtain that you could glimpse at (I assume) the end of the episode?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 01:58:19 PM »
MSTieScott wrote:

Admittedly, I wasn't looking for it in this episode, but why would they debut the new Race Game curtain on a Thursday taping? Wouldn't they wait for Monday? Was that really the new curtain that you could glimpse at (I assume) the end of the episode?

Yup.  I made a point of checking it...there was a huge Pricedown dollar sign on it.  Surprised me, too.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.