Author Topic: Mash-Up Week info (relatively-minor spoilers)  (Read 6222 times)

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
Re: Mash-Up Week info (relatively-minor spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 10:11:25 AM »
It's one thing to do this for a DAY.

A whole WEEK? Wow.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
If it's only like a game or two a day it shouldn't be too bad.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 02:11:10 PM »
If anybody has seen the video, there are grocery products in front of the piggy banks in "Smash for Cash". So I have no concern with them adding pricing elements to each game. One game a day would be perfect.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: Mashup Week info (relatively-minor spoilers)
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 07:52:43 PM »
I thought Movin' On Up was a LMAD game.

This is what I get for never watching Let's Make a Deal.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 04:45:02 PM »
It's one thing to do this for a DAY.

A whole WEEK? Wow.

I just don't understand what it's supposed to accomplish. Obviously you try special things in sweeps in an attempt to get higher ratings, but I can't imagine a single person saying, "I wasn't planning to watch The Price is Right today, but now that they're going to play a couple of Let's Make a Deal games, I've got to tune in!" Or vice versa.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 05:29:19 PM »
I don't think things like this are going after the every day viewer or fan, but maybe it's trying to attract the uncommon viewer or casual fan. Regardless, I applaud the show for trying some differnt things!

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 07:39:45 PM »
I just don't understand what it's supposed to accomplish. Obviously you try special things in sweeps in an attempt to get higher ratings, but I can't imagine a single person saying, "I wasn't planning to watch The Price is Right today, but now that they're going to play a couple of Let's Make a Deal games, I've got to tune in!" Or vice versa.
Well, honestly, you could use this same argument to challenge any "crossover". The idea of a crossover usually isn't that special. Nothing spectacular is going to come out of it. The novelty is usually almost solely in the fact that it's out of the normal and you can see something of someone from one show on a another and vice versa. And it's more than just LMAD games on TPIR and TPIR games on LMAD. Wayne and Jonathan will be on The Price is Right and Drew and Rachel will make appearances on Deal. People like that.

I can understand why they'd stretch this out to be a whole week. There are so many things one could do, I could understand not trying to stuff it all into one episode of each.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 09:16:09 PM »
Well, honestly, you could use this same argument to challenge any "crossover".

But with the Drew Carey/Craig Ferguson crossover, part of the draw is to see people a little out of their element.  Here you have two game show hosts going on other game shows and bringing along games from their own show which are vaguely similar to the games that are played on the show to which they're crossing over.  What's the draw?  What's the surprise?  What's the real novelty?