Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/20/2007  (Read 12061 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/20/2007
« on: March 20, 2007, 02:38:26 PM »

Production #3922K - Taped Feb. 12, 2007 (Early)

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: left to right

Handoff: Brandi

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling

Wearing: Scala

1   Coleman Camping Equipment (P)

TAMMY 2500
VALERIA 1500
THOMAS 1325
LAURA *1
($803)

Laura from Fullerton, CA plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Pontiac Grand Prix (Std., BlkHtr, Prot)(S)

Picks:3 6 8 5
Price:    $2 3 2 7 2
Bucks:7 7 3 2 0LOSS

2   3 Quoizel Lamps/Kaboom Cleaner (S)

+Tammy 450
+Valeria 500
+Thomas 451
TRACY *800
($1338)

Tracy from Pine Hill, AL plays BONKERS for a Baldwin Vertical Piano (B&P)($6897)

8 2 4 3Time
1.L H H L:17
2.L H H H:05WIN!

3   Worx Revolver Power Tools/Commit Lozenges (B)

+Tammy 350
+Valeri 1
+Thomas *351
ROGER 930
($486)
STUPID BIDSTUPID BID

Thomas plays TAKE TWO (Target: $4424)

1st2ndPrices
Carson's Wine Server Cart826-------
Oceanic Scuba Gear-------2114
Corsican Magic Garden Cradle32253225
Bodyguard B3 Exercise Bike  -------  -------($1199)
$4051$5339LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1

$526Thomas20 + 30.50
803Laura90 stay.90Through to Showcase Round
8,235Tracy  5 + 60.65

4   Aico Tuscano Electric Fireplace (S)

+Tammy *1238
+Valeria 1
JAMIE 1200
Roger 1237
($2948)

Tammy plays CHECK OUT for an Electracraft 14LSR 14' Canopy Boat (P)($16,890)

TammyMSRPDiff
Udderly Smooth Udder Cream$  3.88$  3.88.00
Campbell's Cream of Mushroom (15 oz).991.07- .08
Bridseye Steamfresh Broccoli2.492.29+.20
(Dole) Pineapple Slices (15 oz)1.791.79.00
Clorox Disinfecting Wipes   4.50   5.49- .99
TOTALS$13.65$14.52- .87WIN!

5   Sony Playstation 2 Game Set (B)

RUTH 700
+Valeria *800
Jamie 600
Roger 1
($872)

Valeria from Cape Girardeau, MO - the last of the "First Four" - plays LINE EM UP for a Chrysler PT Cruiser (Std., AC, ALB, BLkHtr)(B)

1st Try2nd TryPrice
Ridgeway Frankfurt Outdoor Clock[8]7 2[8]7 28[7]2
Apple Cider Pitcher3[6][3]63[6]
Chantal Cookware8 2[3]8[2]3[8]2 3
1 RIGHTLOSS

6    Interactive Helath HTT10 Massage Recliner/IcyHot Pro Therapy (P)

Ruth 1895
Sarah 900
Jamie *1700
Roger 2100
($1799)

Jamie plays SWITCH for two trips...

Mazatlan (6n @ Pueblo Bonito)(B)$2989$2989
Montreal (6n @ Le Cantlie)(S)$3984SWITCH!$3984LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2

$872Valeria75 stay.75
1,799Jamie35 + 10.45(Bob-aided 1st Spin)
19,838Tammy80 stay.80Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND

Tammy has the honor.

SC1-Tammy

HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT
Assorted Snack Foods (B)
Beachcomber Hot Tub (P)
Ford Mustang (Std., Prot)(B)
BID$28,000
PRICE27,848
DIFFOVER

SC2-Laura

Stainless Gas Range
Universal Queen's Gate Dining Group
Noritake Fitzgerald Dinnerware (S)
Wurlitzer One More Time CD Jukebox (B)
BID$16,000
PRICE19,714
DIFF- 3,714
TOTAL$20,517

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6

Total Winnings: $52,590

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/19/2007
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:39:14 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #192, Tammy, AND #193, Laura! :-D

Lucky Seven- Two?! Not cool.

Bidding Round #6- #194, Sarah! :-D

Showcase Showdown #2- HEELS SEMI-MEMORIAL ALL-HOTTIE SHOWCASE!!! :-D

Showcases- Painful overbid by Tammy, but the good thing about an all-hottie Showcase is, I'm guaranteed to be happy! Yay for Laura!

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Valeria.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Fun show today... Grade: 3

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/20/2007
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 02:43:18 PM »
Lucky Seven:  Ouch.  Evil lookin' price.

Take Two:  Knew he was done for when he chose the scuba gear.  In chat, we were all shouting the cradle and the bike.

Check-Out:  Check-Out for a near-$17K boat?!??!  Wowzers.  Nice win to go with it.

Line 'Em Up:  Great moment when that car was revealed!

Switch?:  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Don't switch those!!!! (I know....this does absolutely no good now. :-P )

During the PS2 bidding:  HA!  Willy, Josh, and Adam got OWNED with their $1 bid. :-D

Overall:  A good show today, despite the losses.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:52:43 PM »
Wow a fun show today!  

Lucky Seven---I really wanted Laura to win that Pontiac, but Roger used up a NASTY setup today.  $23,272?!!!  Tough break for Laura.  Roger obviously wanted this lost.  They even showed Laura's disappointment when they went to commercial.

Bonkers---Nice win by Tracy, DESPITE the fact that she polled the Peanut Gallery, which is a NO-NO.

Take Two--- My hunch was the cradle and the bike and I was right.  I knew Thomas lost when he did not pick the bike on the second try.

Check Out---Tammy and I thought similarly on the products today.  The audience disapproved on most of Tammy's prices.    Tammy proved the audience wrong today.  
Oh yeah, one member of the Peanut Gallery screamed $3.99 for the Clorox wipes.  Glad Tammy did NOT listen to him....

IUFB 5: Roger listened to some bad advice from 3 members of the Peanut Gallery.  Looks like Bob will have a word with them later on....

Line Em Up---Roger's setup of this game was HARD.  Funny that Valeria kissed the car today.  I would never have guessed $17685.  I think Roger wanted a loss on both Lucky Seven and Line em Up.  Tough break for Valeria---I wanted her to win.

Switch---I called for a NO SWITCH.  Jamie wanted a switch--much to the disapproval of me and the audience.  Jamie SHOULD have kept them there.  

Showcases---2 HOTTIES in the Showcase?  Wow.  I thought Tammy and Laura made decent bids.  Tammy overbid by $152!!!    OUCH!!!  Laura won today and I'm glad she did.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 03:12:21 PM »
Lucky Seven: If it had been that same $23,475 Grand Prix, Laura would have won. But the producers apparently got tired of giving that car away here. The last digit surprised me- I thought it was going to be 1.

Bonkers: It was won, but not by the best of players.

Take Two: Knowing the cradle was part of the right combination was easy, but the other part obviously wasn't, as Thomas demonstrated.

Check Out: It was easy to win! And played for a $16K+ boat!

Line Em' Up: If you knew the car was $17K+, you probably were going to win. Too bad Valerie didn't know that, because I loved her reaction when she saw the car.

Switch?: When Jamie switched, I had a feeling he had lost.

Showcases: I had a feeling Tammy overbid, but not by so little.

Overall: OK show today.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 04:25:01 PM »
Lucky Seven: I was really pulling for Laura to win that car. I thought 5 was a wise choice. Too bad the actual price was not as wise. Poor Laura.  :-( GRRRR!  :-x

Bonkers: Nice win, yes. Turning to the peanut gallery, no.

Take Two: At first I picked the scuba gear and the cradle. But when Thomas got a second chance I changed my selection to the exercise bike and the cradle which was right. Unfortunately he went with my first choice resulting in a loss.

Check-Out: A near $17K boat won by a fantastic shopper in the name of Tammy. I would be off by 72 cents.

Line Em' Up: The way Valeria kissed that car I was afraid that Rich wasn't able to continue reading the description. But again the DOB strikes again ultimately ruining another contestant's chance of winning a car.

Switch: It was no doubt Jamie was going to lose by the time he switched those prices.

Showcases: I know I'm among many others here that are very happy to see all-hottie showcase. Yet I was gunning for Laura which she eventually became the big winner.

Offline MrDeePay

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »
-  Hark, they did that camera still shot again since the One Away loss.  I'm guessing that'll be a once in a while thing, that'll be done.

- Something tells me that The Dob tried to force a win on Bonkers today, though this "string" of contestants polling the audience needs to stop.  Seriously, you only have thirty seconds to play the game and you're going slow to ask them for their input?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »
Laura was a really fun, really excited contestant.  I'm glad she ended up winning the Showcase after that Lucky $even loss.

Tracy is damn lucky that Bonkers was set up for a win.

Willy had to be helping during Check-Out today.  There's just no other explanation for some of those bids.

It's too bad that Valeria didn't win much, because she really was a fantastic contestant.  She was more hyper than most people a third her age, and she was just really fun the whole time she was on-camera.

BobboChung wrote:

But the producers apparently got tired of giving that car away here.

You know, this bugs me.  Why do people always go around saying, "the producers?"  I think we all know there's only one producer on The Price Is Right.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 05:22:11 PM »
Opening:  I FOUND WILLY AGAIN!  :-D

PG #1:  WHOO!  Brief cameo by the stagehand pushing the car!  :-D  Three 2s in the price?!  Ooooooh, that price was EVIL, ROGER!  Reminds me of my infamous $22,782 Mustang from one of my PA games.  (Kourtney does not want to be reminded of that moment...)

PG #2:  Alert the media!  Somebody actually won Bonkers!  :-P  Despite canvassing the audience, she was smart enough to go lower than 8 and higher than 2, thus leaving only 4 possibilities.

PG #3:  Yay!  Take Two!  :-P  And a brief shot of the new curtain.  That scuba gear was much cheaper than I expected.  I thought that was over $4,000.  After the cart and cradle were revealed, I knew that the cradle and bike would've made the winning number.

PG #4:  Whoa--a $16,000 boat for Check-Out?!  A couple of tough products in the lineup (skin care and wipes)  but Tammy played it beautifully.

One-Bid #5:  WHOO!  Willy on camera again!  :-D

PG #5:  Line 'Em Up again?!  Where did that come from?!  "Valeria, you haven't won that car yet!"  It's nice that we got a good shot of the red curtain, though.

PG #6:  

That should've been an easy non-switch.

My showcase bids:
Mustang--$23,790
Random room/jukebox--$16,494

Result:  Oh, no!  One of Heels' Hotties heelsed!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 05:26:45 PM »
BRB, I also thought that the scuba gear was the $4,000 one...show's how much I know about scuba equipment.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 06:09:03 PM »
Lucky Seven - I really wanted Laura to win. that was an evil setup. At least we got to see another contestant reaction shot thingy.

Bonkers - yay for tracy! She seemed like a great contestant for this game. lots of energy.

Take 2 - That new curtain looks good.

Check out - That boat dont look like $18,000. Nice win with under $1.00.

Line em up - Valeria was an excited contestant. It was funny to see her go up and kiss the car. too abd she didnt win it.

Switch? - We arent that cheap up here!

Showcases - Not too bad. painful overbid though.

My Bids: $25,000/$2,845 | $15,000/$6something.

grade: 7/10

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 06:19:10 PM »
Very fun show today. Despite not many wins, it sure seemed like a perfect show to me.

Lucky 7: Yowza. That price was nasty. About as evil a playing as you can get.

Bonkers: Despite winning, Tracy played Bonkers pretty badly.

Take Two: After that first turn, I figured Thomas needed the cradle and the exercise bike. Turns out I was right.

Check Out: Now there's something you don't see everyday: Check Out for a 16k plus boat. Well played by Tammy as well.

Line 'Em Up: Awesome reactions by Valeria.I was hopin she would win but it was not to be.

Switch?: I would switched as well. Oh well...

Overall nice show all around today.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 06:20:34 PM »
Lucky Seven: A good player probably wouldn't be so nervous when trying to say 5 in the end. I wouldn't. I liked those stills of Laura's pouty lips in the end.

Bonkers: Now I think the gist of this game is to see if the contestants can try to get through this game in a timely fashion. I got a little upset and started shouting at the television when Tracy was looking at the audience a few times. It's good she won, but still....

Take Two: My first thought was the cradle and the scuba gear. However, after seeing that the server cart was only $826, I was wondering what would be around that price: the exercise bike. Worked for me.

Check-Out: Wow. I knew Tammy got at least one of them on the nose. Excellent play here. That Clorox would have killed me.

One Bid 5: I did not see a system on the turntable. Is that included?

Line 'em Up: Okay. Valeria's run to and kiss of the car had to be seen a few more times for my amusement. This has got to me one of the most heartiest laughs by Rich. Anyways, the game was not that simple for me today. I wanted to keep the 8 in the first place. Acutally, I was in sync with Valeria the hole time. Tough break.

Switch?: When it comes to more than one trip, I try to figure out if the distance rule would work. I wanted to leave them alone. I think most of the Peanut Gallery did, too according to their reactions.

Showcases: For a moment, I thought the audience was going to talk Tammy out of her original bid. I think they were trying to make her go higher, I can't recall right now. But I did like how she stuck with her original bid, even though she overbidded by $152. I think it was the snack foods...

Overall, a good show today: there were some heartbraking losses, most of the contestants were great, especially Valeria, Laura reminds me of Melissa Peterman a little bit.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 06:34:15 PM »
Lucky $even-Wow, the last number didn't end in a 5; and 3 2's!  Ouch!

Bonkers-Cool, someone representing Alabama!  Pine Hill isn't that far from where I live (less than 100 miles).  Wow, even though she looked at the audience for help, that was lucky she won.

Take Two-Another shot of the new Race Game curtain!  When the cart and cradle weren't right, I knew it had to be the cradle and bike.  The moment he picked the scuba gear, I knew he had lost.

Check-Out-$3.88 for the skin cream?  Looks like someone has seen that before.  Very nice playing to finish less than a dollar.

Line 'em Up-Now we get a good shot of the red curtain.  Too bad she lost; she was a fun contestant.

Switch?-Tough luck.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 06:38:23 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Take Two).

Lucky $even -- 2:50
Bonkers -- 2:28
Take Two -- 3:03
Check-Out -- 3:12
Line em Up -- 2:51
Switch? -- 1:31