Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/20/2007  (Read 12055 times)

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/20/2007
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 07:26:20 PM »
Laura was a wonderful contestant, so excited and enthusiastic.  I'm glad she at least won the Showcase.

Yay!  Multi-bumper shots! :-D

I was surprised that Tracy actually managed to win Bonkers!, seeing as she did nothing to deserve it.

I kind of wish the Race Game curtain hadn't lifted so quickly in Take Two so the camera could have panned it a bit so we could at least get a better glimpse of what this new thing even looks like.

Tammy played Check-Out very well, but even then, it wasn't set up all that difficultily, which doesn't make sense to me since this was an even more expensive prize than what was offered in the last Grocery Game playing; and it was set up extremely-unlikely to win.

Valeria was also a great contestant, and provided one heck of a neat shot, running over to the car after it was revealed.

I don't see what made Jamie think to switch.  The Montreal trip clearly looked to be more expensive.

Speaking of Jamie, even if it "would be his honour," why he heck did Bob actually comply to helping him spin?  He missed some real good joke opprotunities there.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline Ted

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 09:14:17 PM »
The scuba gear IS $4227...when it's a complete set for two.  When it's just a single "regulator, wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins and a personal dive computer," it's just $2114.  

I also bid $28,000 on the first showcase, knowing that the spa was $6995 and the Mustang was $20,694.  I just assumed those stupid snacks were more than $200.  Apparently they're only $159.  D'oh!

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 09:25:16 PM »
Lucky Seven: Evil:  That price was mean.

Bonkers: I still can't believe Tracy won despite looking at the audience.

Take 2: The 1st time around was tricky, the second time , though, was simple.  That bike and cradle combination was a win.

Check out: a $16,000 Boat?!  WOW!  Great Playing by Tammy.

Line em Up: Great Reactions by Valerie.  Sadly, that price was nasty.

Switch: There is no way Switch should have been lost.

SC: OW!  Painful OB by Tammy on the Mustang.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 10:08:11 PM »
Lucky 7: EVIL PRICE!!! :-x Laura did look like an excited and enjoyable contestant.

Laura reminds me of Melissa Peterman a little bit.

I second that notion!!

Bonkers: Tracy can consider herself lucky from that horrendous playing.

Take Two: Did I mention the new RG curtain is DA BOMB? :lol:  If they use that $42K scuba gear, That really would've made my day. 1st attempt did look tough. The bike was the most obvious with the cradle.

Check-Out: Tammy scored excellently.

Line: Valeria was a BLAST!! Running to kiss a PT Cruiser...Priceless. It's a darn shame about the price. I actually thought it was over $18K.

Switch?: I knew he shouldn't have switched them.

Showcases: I thought that Mustang showcase was at least $23K. Tammy came so close. I'm happy for Laura coming back with a vengeance.

A 3.50 star prizefest.

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 10:15:43 PM »
tammy could have won check-out by the old rules today, couldn't she?  played the game as perfectly as it could have been played.  two thumbs up for the good ol' girl!

who wanted to throw something at their television when jamie switched the prices in switch? against the audience's wishes?  i wanted to throw a very heavy clipboard folder at mine.

peace out, fellow dudes and dudettes!

tpir4ever76
I love the Drew Carey Laugh!  :lol: :hammer:

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 12:16:01 AM »
edmo wrote:

Bonkers: Tracy can consider herself lucky from that horrendous playing.

Awww no, no, no!  My "philosophy" of Bonkers is this:  the game isn't necessarily won simply by rushing back and forth; it requires great patience.  IMHO, Tracy didn't play the game really badly at all; the setup was easy enough for her to make the right decisions in the time she had.  Of course, patience can be a double-edged sword.  :-(

edmo later wrote:

If they use that $42K scuba gear...(snipped)

Who has ever heard of scuba diving gear that costs $42,000?  :-D  :lol:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 12:17:12 AM »
The Price is Right Game #6674

Bidding Round #5
What's next?  R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy Brandi)?

How to Lose Weight
Junk Food:  Part Deux - The price is $159 and I have a trip price update for you:  January 29's trip to the Kaua'i Marriott Resort & Beach Club was $5,575.
Beachcomber Hot Tub - $6,995
Ford Mustang - $20,694

The Second Showcase
Stainless Range - $1,599
Universal Queen's Gate Dining Room and Nortiake Fitzgerald - $9,120
Wurlitzer Jukebox - $8,995

Modeling Report Card for March 20, 2007
Score to beat:  $73,971

Brandi and Shane both have Dice Game-compatible modeling totals.  No numbers higher than six and no zeroes!

R.O.B. says $136,740, 25 prizes, and three groceries.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 12:29:05 PM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:
You know, this bugs me.  Why do people always go around saying, "the producers?"  I think we all know there's only one producer on The Price Is Right.

I think that's giving a little too short shrift to Kathy Greco, who, after all, has the word "producer" in her title and also does a lot of work for the show. In some cases, it is more accurate to say "the producers."

Gee, I wonder where Tammy was looking for her Check-Out guesses...

Apparently, those people that Bob pointed out as prior contestants neglected to tell him how they fared in Contestants' Row... (I say this good-naturedly, as I wasn't even picked as a contestant when I tried out for the show.)

Weird coincidence that there were two prizes in a row with a price of $872.

With Valeria's reaction to the car, we got a good example of how quickly things move on that stage. As she ran to the car, we saw one of the red curtains covering the Line Em Up game board. Thirteen seconds later, after the car plug was finished, the curtain was nowhere to be found.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 05:39:33 PM »
GoldenBulldog wrote:
My "philosophy" of Bonkers is this: the game isn't necessarily won simply by rushing back and forth; it requires great patience.
I don't get how great patience is required for Bonkers...