Author Topic: going to the May 16th and 17th tapings!  (Read 6721 times)

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
going to the May 16th and 17th tapings!
« on: March 23, 2007, 01:36:43 PM »
So I have sent off my order for tickets, and hopefully, my lifelong dream will come true!  At least a couple times a week, I dream of getting called to "Come on Down!" The thing is, I'm extremely nervous about interviewing with the producers.  I know they like energy, but I don't want to overdo it.  What sorts of things should I say?  Lets see.......I'm 25 and a recent college graduate of Ohio University.  Maybe I should make a joke about wanting to win some money to pay back student loans? *LOL*  Also, do you think that I should mention that I'm going alone?  Will that win me any brownie points?  Should I wear a college shirt, or have one made for the show?  I am going to an L.A. Dodgers baseball game the night before, and then I'm going to make a b-line right for television city.  I know I'm going to be exhausted, and I don't want the producers to see that!  This is going to be the greatest day of my entire life, better than graduating school!!  I want to show my enthusiasm!!  Sorry if there are a million threads like these posted, but I'm new to this site and still checking it out.  Thank you!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: going to the May 16th and 17th tapings!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 03:48:55 PM »
Congratulations, mlh.. I may even run into you on the 17th, if all goes well...

I'm not sure going alone makes any difference. At least, I've never seen anything to suggest it might make one or not.

Supposedly, they don't factor shirts in when they're selecting contestants. I guess the best thing I can suggest (unless anyone else has anything different to add) is to just wear whatever feels right.. If you want to wear an OU shirt, go for it. If you want to make one, do it..

Best thing I can suggest during the interview is to be yourself.

If you're worried about the producers seeing that you're exhausted, I would suggest either lots of caffeine, or perhaps taking a nap out in line...

Have fun, be yourself, and cherish the experience!
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 04:08:18 PM »
I plan on getting there between 10 p.m.-12 midnite.  I'm not taking any chances.  Also, how long of a drive is it from Dodger Stadium to Television City?  I looked up the miles, but was curious about the actual driving time.  Honestly, I think this is going to be one of the greatest moments of my life.  I just have to remind myself that I'm probably not going to be called to "come on down."  (easier said than done, though!)

Offline mv67

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 04:54:48 PM »
Wonderful!  I hope to see you there; I'll be at tapings all week, and maybe the week after too!

I was going to get there around midnight; I hope that will be fine, but the way things are going we might just miss the cutoff time if we went then.  Here's to hoping...

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 10:28:24 PM »
If all hopefully goes well, I might be there the whole week, including the 16th and 17th. I was wondering if I should mail in tickets today (or better yet, now) to see if I can get some on those days. I'll write more about this subject.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline mv67

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 07:23:10 AM »
Mail them in now.

Now.

NOW.

I should do the same thing...