Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/27/2007  (Read 12995 times)

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/27/2007
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 07:51:30 PM »
Coming or Going: Both $5863 and $3685 looked right, but there was something that made me want to pick $5683, and that something was right.

Ten Chances: Again?  This is obviously someone who has no clue about the zero rule.  I had a feeling she wouldn't win the electric guitars.  By the way, I got the first two prices right in one pick each.  :-D

SCSD1: The three contestants had yellow shirts!  I found that very interesting even though I usually don't care about things like that.

One Away: A great EXACTA to see.  I picked $17,695.  Knowing two were right, it would have been a win for me.

SC1  My Bid: $19,655 / ARP: $23,716 / Diff: $4,061
SC2  My Bid: $23,150 / ARP: $30,186 / Diff: $7,036

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 07:58:34 PM »
Coming or Going: I would have lost. The lower price made more sense.

Punch-a-Bunch: Yet again, someone does well with the SPs, but has bad luck on the board.

Ten Chances: HORRIBLE playing.

SSD1: Oh dear, Sharon made it to the Showcase.

Pick-a-Pair: This was played for $11K+ furniture! Too bad it was lost on a tough playing.

One Away: AT LONG LAST, AN EXACTA IN THIS GAME!!! It's about time we had one!

One Right Price: I knew she had lost when she chose the dinnerware, but I was shocked that it was very expensive.

Showcases: Sharon should've gotten a furniture/spa showcase, not a $30K boat/trip showcase. Oh well. Maybe she blew Ten Chances on purpose because all she wanted to win on the show was a boat, and she won one here. Go figure.

Overall: Average.

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 08:20:35 PM »
happy birthday to you heels!  hope you all are feeling better after the mascot loss  :-(

peace out, dude!

tpir4ever76
I love the Drew Carey Laugh!  :lol: :hammer:

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 10:11:29 PM »
Happy Birthday Heels!!!!

CoG: WHAT THE HECK?!!! :-o  :-o  :-o That was a "Out of the Blue" price that caught me totally off-guard and its won too!!

Punchy: $250....well at least $50 took a break!!! :-P

10 Chances: Maybe "The Golf Game" would've suit her better. :lol:

P-a-P: Those products were simply described as KILLER!!!

One Away: Karen scored very well!!! GREAT JOB!!! :-)

1RP: Oh well.

Showcases: Sharon (despite 10 Chances never being her game) comes back with a neat bid earning her her boat.

A 2.75 show.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 10:28:32 PM »
I have no idea how Coming or Going was won today.  Danielle totally stopped the Dob by "going."

Ten Chances was a trainwreck...but at least it was a fast trainwreck!

Poor Becky...needed a bedroom group, played for one in one of the easiest games on the show, and got stuck with the hardest Pick-a-Pair setup in about 10 years.  At least she won $1,000 on the Big Wheel.

One Away was awesome.  The sound people deserve major props for the fake-outs they were doing with the horns.

How the hell does dinnerware cost almost $3,000?!

PaulMiller wrote:

Today's Ten Chances certainly wasn't one of the best. However, it doesn't crack the Ten Worst Ten Chances Playings, not by a long shot. What makes a playing of Ten Chances get REALLY bad is if they don't know the Zero Rule, and they take FOREVER to do it. Today's playing at least moved right along.

Totally agreed.  The game was played badly today, but at least you could watch it without wanting to strangle the contestant.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 10:44:09 PM »
Miss two episodes in a row because I screwed up, shame on me, twice...

Coming or Going: I wanted to go high on this one, but wanting the price to end in 5, too. I went with my first instinct.

Punch-A-Bunch: For a travel mug that has a heating perk like that, I would pay more than $20 for it.

Ten Chances: If your first two chances are prices that do not end in 0, then it's obvious you HAVE NOT WATCHED THE GAME BEFORE, or listened to some (nouns) in the audience who do not know the logistics of the game. At the start of the guitars (well, really just a little bit before that), I thought Sharon was on the right track. Boy I was so wrong about that. I was groaning and saying 'Oh God' so many times during the break.

Pick-A-Pair: Well, I thought the supplement was $6.99. I think it really WAS $6.99 a while back.

One Away: "I don't want to." did it for me. Then the exacta enhanced that.

1 Right Price: Okay, my absolute strongest instinct tell me the 1 right price belongs to the treadmill because the dinnerware would be a little less than that. Well, I was right on the initial, but I never would have thought dinnerware would be more expensive than a treadmill.

Showcase Showdown 2: If only Jodi and Karen had an extra bite of breakfast....
Sometimes you can just tell when a contestant will not win any bonus money.

Showcases: Some good Showcases with a good trip and a form of transportation. Either one will benefit with one. Like it.

Happy cake day, heels! :D
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 10:46:26 PM »
Not really a good show today-oh it had its moments, but overall it was sorta blah.

Coggy: Oy, there's you a random grandfather clock.

Punchboard: Meh, $250. It's been a while since we've seen anyone win even $1000 here.

Ten Chances: Wha? Didn't we just play this a few days ago? Awful awful playing.

Pick-a-Pair: That's one expensive bedroom. Pappy was downright hard today. That's something you can't say too often.

1RP: Sheesh, 1RP sure has been played a lot lately.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 10:55:21 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6679

Showcase #1: How to Know When You're Under Arrest
Trash Compactor - $489
Trip to New York City - $4,557
Pontiac Vibe - $18,670

Showcase #2: What Rachel Found in the Diary Room
Diamands for less - All previous diamondsforless.net diamond rings were lower karats.  This is the first time Rich has said one-point-three karats.  All of them have appeared only in showcases.  The price?  It's $3,500.
The trip to Rome - The last digit?  You say six?  You're right.  It's $9,466.
If I'm a West Wight Potter 19' Saliboat, then I'm $17,220.

Modeling Report Card for March 27, 2007
Score to beat:  $50,355

Mercedes Terrell has done very well, finishing second only to Phire.  Phire stays above $50,000.  And here's a screenshot of Mercedes.

Anyone going for 25 prizes and two groceries worth $134,872?

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 10:59:34 PM »
The biggies are proving elusive on Punchboard, and for once someone needs a boat.

Offline logikreader

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 11:11:02 PM »
first about the boat...

I think she said something like "I really need this boat, we're in the desert".  I hope she wasn't being sarcastic.

Heels, I hope you're doing ok and all.  I didn't know it was your birthday today; so a belated Happy Birthday to you! :-)

Hmm, I didn't think it was such a great show; a near miss combined with one of the worse Ten Chances playings...  I'd have to give it 2.5 also.

One Away was fantastic however!  I also was enjoying the Showcases today... It seems so unlikely for a guy to keep a Diary though, don't you think?  I know two guys who ever did, and they're Doug and Doogie Howser.

You know, the Second Showcase Showdown was really intriguing [for me] today.  Right before I saw it, I paused the show for whatever reason and watched old clips of SSSD's from j-shea.com .  I noticed how Bob was saying "Look at this!  Look at this!  One Dollar!!" as the contestant hit a dollar on the Big Wheel.  Right after that I witness the Showdown and wouldn't you know, we get a 1,000 dollar winner today!  Bob basically said the same thing in 2007 he said in 1980.  Pretty neat!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »
I watched this episode in the studio... Pick-a-Pair was even more heartbreaking to watch the second time. I winced when the price of the supplement was revealed even though I already knew she was going to lose. And then Becky gets beaten in the showcase after Sharon makes a sarcastic remark about how she doesn't need to win a boat... that was a bummer.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 12:08:17 PM »
Sharon made a sarcastic remark about the boat showcase?!  You're kidding me, MSTieScott.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 01:51:46 PM »

Richie wrote:
Sharon made a sarcastic remark about the boat showcase?!  You're kidding me, MSTieScott.

Yeah, I think she said that she could really use that boat cuz she lives in the desert.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline logikreader

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 04:54:10 PM »

MSTieScott wrote:
...after Sharon makes a sarcastic remark about how she doesn't need to win a boat...

That's what I thought too!  It's very unfortunate that she had to say that, and she really shouldn't talk with the way she played Ten Chances.  

It burns me when audience members rely on the audience too much.  Sometimes a contestant just has to use common sense, even without knowing the 0 rule most people would at least have gotten a chance to guess the car.

Johnny Olsen said it to contestants himself, "use your own judgment.  If you're just going to ask the audience what to do then they'd have called the other 320 people to be contestants."

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 05:57:13 PM »
Coming or Going-That clock was actually $5863???  Good lord, that's an expensive clock!

Punchboard-Well, $250 is at least a step-up from last time's $50 winnings.  Too bad he couldn't win more.

Ten Chances-That playing was absolutely pathetic.  She totally ignored the 0 rule completely.  At least she played it fast enough to not be agonizing to watch.

Pick-a-Pair-Poor Becky got stuck with an extremely hard Pick-a-Pair setup.  I see they even put the squeegee back in this game.  She was a great contestant and I wanted to see her win.

One Away-Yay, an EXACTA!  An impressive win to relieve the losses.

1 Right Price-I knew that price wouldn't go on the dinnerware, but I had no idea it would be more than $2000.

Showcase-Uhoh, $16,000 won't even cover the automobile...
All Hail Sinfonia!