Author Topic: The New $100,000 Pyramid  (Read 20307 times)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The New $100,000 Pyramid
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2016, 11:26:04 AM »
Just saw on Facebook that the $100,000 Pyramid season finale will be on next Monday September 12 at 9pm, rather than Sunday night.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2016, 10:37:26 PM »
The new episode on Monday will be on at 10pm, not 9.

Online GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2016, 02:18:22 PM »

Offline TunnelVision

• In the Audience
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2016, 02:36:18 PM »
This is an interesting take on good old Tuning Up, but for 2016 I think it works.  Nice to hear it in the clear.  Good find and thanks for the share!

Offline FamilyFeud1994

• Up for some Bankroll?
    • My Podcast (Drop the Mic)
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2016, 12:23:57 AM »
I really like how they combined it with "Tuning Up" in certain spots. Overall really nice!
"YOU ON FAMILY FEUD! THIS AIN'T A COMEDY ROUTINE!"

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, Steve.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2016, 11:22:26 PM »
On the season finale: Very entertaining episode this evening, partly because, and I will go ahead and say it: Deion Sanders was such a poor Pyramid player. It was fantastic to see Shawn (I hope that's spelled correctly), a long-time Pyramid fan, win $50,000 and the win was just out of nowhere. Kudos to Jon Lovitz! I also liked seeing the completed Winner's Circle pyramid with all the dollar amounts, featuring the turning of the $5000 trilon. :)

Awkward edit and set up between the two "shows".

Kathy Najimy is a superb Pyramid player! On her Winner's Circle pyramid, I thought of "the top Olympic medal" for "Things That are Gold", and "an actor's lines" for "Things You Memorize". "People Who Use a Whistle" was tough for me, especially under the pressure of time.

This was the first episode of the latest incarnation where the celebrity (Rosie) gave the clues in the Winner's Circle. She and Mark (another long-time fan) were on such a roll I was thinking Mark would handily win the $100K. Most unfortunately, I soon shouted "No!!" upon hearing the clue "vines in a forest" for "Things That Get Tangled". I would think that any long-time fan, as I thought Rosie was, would know that that clue was illegally phrased. Too bad. :(        "By 'Rapunzel's hair!'" :)

I'm glad this incarnation has been renewed for another season. (I have hope! :) )
Michael Strahan is doing a great job, and it's just a great game!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:33:04 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2016, 12:07:13 PM »
Would "the top Olympic medal" be considered too descriptive though? I agree that this was a great revival and Michael Strahan was a very good choice for host. Can't wait to see it again next summer.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2016, 05:43:15 PM »
Would "the top Olympic medal" be considered too descriptive though? I agree that this was a great revival and Michael Strahan was a very good choice for host. Can't wait to see it again next summer.
I think it would be a legal clue; no prepositional phrase is used.

Do you think we'll have to wait until next summer for season 2? I would figure that since they are currently casting, the next set of episodes would air sooner.

Offline FamilyFeud1994

• Up for some Bankroll?
    • My Podcast (Drop the Mic)
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »
Do you think we'll have to wait until next summer for season 2? I would figure that since they are currently casting, the next set of episodes would air sooner.

They could pull a Million Dollar Password and air them around wintertime.
"YOU ON FAMILY FEUD! THIS AIN'T A COMEDY ROUTINE!"

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, Steve.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2016, 12:39:03 PM »
Always possible - after all they usually have some space to fill after the seasons of things like Survivor and Race are finished before they start the second batches in the spring?

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2016, 08:46:27 PM »
I will go ahead and say it: Deion Sanders was such a poor Pyramid player.

You're probably not going to get any flack for that.

It was fantastic to see Shawn (I hope that's spelled correctly), a long-time Pyramid fan, win $50,000 and the win was just out of nowhere. Kudos to Jon Lovitz!

Jon earned no praise.  Shawn got some lucky that none of the categories were exorbitantly difficult and Jon put in enough effort to follow his clues.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.