Author Topic: Weekly Pricing Show - Week 2  (Read 26481 times)

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Weekly Pricing Show - Week 2
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 11:13:31 AM »
Aaaaw. Oh well, it was fun playing.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 10:51:16 AM »
Just a suggestion here, based on my experience with this sort of thing:
It's probably in the best interest of these HYO's to minimize the description in IUFB's.  In particular, leave out the name and model.  A picture and a brief description would suffice.  Including "BBO Nighthawk" simply encourages unsavory behavior and makes it less likely folks will play down the road. 

Just my 2 cents.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 11:32:41 AM »
Just a suggestion here, based on my experience with this sort of thing:
It's probably in the best interest of these HYO's to minimize the description in IUFB's.  In particular, leave out the name and model.  A picture and a brief description would suffice.  Including "BBO Nighthawk" simply encourages unsavory behavior and makes it less likely folks will play down the road. 

Just my 2 cents.

It's not something I thought about beforehand, but after we had a perfect bid right out the gate (not insinuating Arch cheated or anything; seeing how IITB played out, I believe it was just a lucky bid), I have to agree with you. A copy and paste of the BBO Nighthawk into Googles yields three or four results of the same exact price -- one of which was the source I used. Given how there's no selection process to play these mini games -- it's just a free-for-all, IUFBs probably shouldn't be as simple to Google as they were in this case. Again, it's not something I considered here, but future hosts should take note.

And to those participating: don't cheat. It's not like you have anything of value to gain by winning a fictitious mock playing of a game on an Internet forum of people who don't even know you personally. It takes away from the spirit of the game and makes the hard work hosts put into creating a good show a waste of their time.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker