Author Topic: FPG 6/17/16 - FINAL RESULTS  (Read 1759 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
FPG 6/17/16 - FINAL RESULTS
« on: June 17, 2016, 11:41:54 PM »
Well, our players all showed why they were the finalists in this game. They were spotted one game for free, but every single one of them landed at least two others besides. We've had some games where the winner didn't even break 8 MP, but in this final EVERYONE did! A brief rundown of the games, without naming names:

Cover Up: picked by one, who earned 4 MP
Switch?: picked by three, two got 4 MP and the third 2 MP
Hi-Lo: picked by three, one got 4 MP and the other two 2 MP
Lucky $even: spoiled, picked by all, two got 4 MP and the others 2 MP
Pick-a-Number: picked by all, everyone got 2 MP
1/2 Off: picked by two, one got 4 MP and the other 2 MP

As you see, every game picked correctly was also picked with either a correct slot or result, leading to the strong scores. But there was one player who cleaned up house, going SIX FOR SIX IN ORDER with three correct results. That player not only takes the $200,000 cash bonus for a full lineup, but he also rings up all four of the numbered point bonuses... oh, and there's that little thing called the Goodson-Dobkowitz Cup that he gets to hoist, too. Ladies and gentlemen...

WAYOSHI IS YOUR FPG CHAMPION!

Congrats to Wayo, who left no doubt with that 18/54 score. His closest opponent and our runner-up, SuperSweeper, had a very respectable 10/34, but nobody was in his league today, and that's why he's our champ. The full set of scores:

This would normally be where I'd talk about the upcoming FPG game - but sadly there is none to be had until next season. Folks, it's been great being your interim host to finish out 2015-16, and I hope you've enjoyed playing the game as least half as much as I have hosting it. The final leaderboard will be up shortly, and we'll officially close out the season with the traditional open thread sometime in the next few days.

Until then, this is Scott Bond saying help control the SANDBAG population... have your key games spayed or neutered. Good night, everybody!

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: FPG 6/17/16 - FINAL RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 11:50:38 PM »
Well, our players all showed why they were the finalists in this game.

...Except the one who picked a duplicate game in the grand finals. :oldlol:

Congrats to Wayo Mayo! It's about time you did well in this game. :P
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 01:57:45 AM »
We've seen duplicate games this season more than once, I picked Side based on the promo, thinking the home office and the following shot of the two by the big doors were the same act. Didn't pay off, but I still think it's a better pick than say That's Too Much, which had no chance of showing based on the stagings spoiled in the promo.

Congrats to Wayo, you earned the win!

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 10:43:26 AM »
Hey - at least I know  the difference between a home office and a home theater!   :oldlol:

Congratulations, Wayo! 

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 11:59:14 PM »
Congrats to Wayo! Even in my closest lineup I still would not have gotten all the games as I had Pick-A-Pair instead of Hi-Lo. Also to nail all the slotting was extremely impressive, especially since historically:
  • 1/2 Off is 6 times more likely to be played in the first half than second half and last is its least likely slot of all.
  • Since Season 16 Lucky $even has only had 1.6% of it's playings in the fourth slot, by far its least likely slot of all.
My mistake was in thinking that the winning celebration of Mark & Alexander at 0:12 in the promo was so far away from Door 2 that there must be a prop between Drew and the door. With Side by Side, Swap Meet, and Double Prices out for the week I was forced to select Line 'Em Up. Turns out Drew just stopped really, really far away from the door for no good reason. The camera was even having trouble and there was a weird zoom out as they said hello to each other.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 12:06:14 AM »
With doubles the staging can be a bit different. Also win reactions are win reactions, they can be anywhere on stage sometimes. Both Switch and Pa# were way overdue to be played, but it is kinda rare when quickies actually work out like that.

You say Half is not as likely in the second half, but cash was already 1st and 3rd previously in the week. Cash slotting has rarely repeated in the same week lately. With car 4th a certainly, cash in the 2nd half was very favorable. Historical trends are fine to look at but using them as a primary tool can be trouble.

Finally, did any of you look at the promo carefully enough? You can see a shot of the row with the people in the background standing and everyone looking up at Drew. That was a giveaway that it was the first four, and the L7 contestants were NOT in the row. With L7 knocked out first, L7 became much more likely 4th. While I definitely had Switch L7/Money for awhile, I realized to get the lineup to 27 I needed a 5 min TT car, and Cover was a bit overdue to be 1st.

Obviously everything worked out and that is a once-in-a-season type of playing, but I felt like I played the odds well when I submitted. All 3 regular GPT car games being played earlier in the week, along with Freeze, took out a lot of possibilities - I was set to pick Vend for awhile as well, but it became clear one of the GPTs was going to be a regular GP. I'm honestly surprised I didn't score 20 MG, probably should have picked H-L for an L with the season it had but those last two results were very trolly too.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:16:22 AM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...