Author Topic: Announcing my resignation  (Read 7941 times)

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Announcing my resignation
« on: August 31, 2016, 11:07:35 PM »
So I've been thinking for the past two months, and I've decided that I will not be returning as recapper for Season 45.

I'd rather not go into much detail as to why I'm stepping down, but much of it is related to school. I would have to continue delaying the recaps on certain days of the week, and I'd rather have someone else create and post the recaps in a consistent and timely manner than make everyone wait several additional hours for the recap.

This definitely wasn't an easy decision to make, as I enjoyed my time as recapper and I would have continued doing it if I had the time to, but stepping down seems like the only logical choice to me.

However, just because I'm stepping down doesn't mean I'm leaving the site. I'll still hang out in the chatroom whenever I can, and I'll still be making posts and playing the FPG.

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me out in some form throughout my tenure - especially Chelsea (for giving me this position) and Jay Lewis (mainly for the recap placeholders), and of course everyone who has read and posted in my recaps. I really appreciate it. Anyways, I will be doing the recap for the last remaining episode of Season 44 - airing tomorrow, September 1st - but after that, my work here is done.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: Announcing my resignation
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 12:02:12 AM »
Let me be the first to say that you did better than most of us had anticipated. Well done.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 12:04:25 AM »
Thanks for all your best work on the recaps.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 02:31:18 AM »
Best of luck wherever life takes you! As Torgo said, you did quite the admirable job, honestly, darn shame you aren't staying for longer at this. When you were first brought in, I'll be honest, I was rather skeptical. but you managed to assuage most of my fears, likewise the other staff.

With respect to what to do with Season 45 recapping? It's come to the point where the site's user base has decreased to such an amount, to say nothing of free time many of our active users do have, where I'm suggesting just implementing and/or linking Jay's recaps over at Qwizx for the upcoming season. Of course, this will have to be discussed amongst the staff, but there's my idea, in light of the short notice.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »
Thanks for the effort, man. It's appreciated, I enjoy the daily recaps.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 10:41:59 AM »
Maybe some sort of collaborative effort would work - after all if you read the post it seems like TPIR would like to do it but just doesn't have time to do it every day. 

So perhaps ask what day(s) would be possible, then fill in with the linked ones on other days, or perhaps if it was known which day(s) were not good others would jump in to do those days?

While not as good as one person all the time, still better than nothing at all (similar in a way to anything on a forum, where one person can't do it 24/7 and thus has helpers, co-operators and such).

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 09:50:39 PM »
You did very, very well at the job, and I thank you SO much for stepping up this past season.  As the season went on, you grew in confidence and skill, and did a very, very admirable job - and proved my faith in you very justified.  Thank  you for everything.

Offline kballard27

• Outside in Line
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 02:11:39 PM »
thank you for all of your hard work you will be missed

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 04:54:38 PM »
:(_