Author Topic: Season 45 Premiere Week Promo (SPOILERS)  (Read 2966 times)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Season 45 Premiere Week Promo (SPOILERS)
« on: September 13, 2016, 08:45:53 PM »
Looks like we're in for another Contestants' Row revamp.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKLs68rCs8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKLs68rCs8</a>

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Rod Roddy is not amused.
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
Re: Season 45 Premiere Week Promo (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:00:26 PM »
I daresay that actually looks really nice.  Reinstating the silver trim but with a recessed look like the old displays from the Barker era fits with the theme of the rest of the set.

The actual retail price is...

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 09:15:59 PM »
SPOILER

I do hope that when they play Switch? for two cars, the introduction is simply "Two new cars!" rather than the poorly-edited mess heard here.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 10:02:03 PM »
Could someone post a screenshot of contestants row? I'm curious of how it looks but can't watch the video (in Canada).

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 10:15:23 PM »
Could someone post a screenshot of contestants row? I'm curious of how it looks but can't watch the video (in Canada).

The green borders also appear to be backlit now.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 10:21:46 PM »
Four games spoiled in that promo alone, geez. Granted, only 2 of them are blatantly spoiled while the other 2 only have parts of their set shown. (if you didn't catch those 2 and don't mind getting spoiled: Range Game's rangefinder and a sign from More or Less are briefly visible at certain points)

Won't you look at that, the edges around the CR displays are back after 5 years. Didn't notice any other set changes though, apart from the 45 Years signs.

Also, gotta love George's horrendously edited reveal to Switch. I believe this will be the 3rd season premiere to feature Switch? for 2 cars (the Season 30 and 34 premieres also had Switch? for 2 cars).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:32:02 PM by TPIRFan2000 »

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 10:53:08 PM »
Four games spoiled in that promo alone, geez. Granted, only 2 of them are blatantly spoiled while the other 2 only have parts of their set shown. (if you didn't catch those 2 and don't mind getting spoiled: Range Game's rangefinder and a sign from More or Less are briefly visible at certain points)

Won't you look at that, the edges around the CR displays are back after 5 years. Didn't notice any other set changes though, apart from the 45 Years signs.

Also, gotta love George's horrendously edited reveal to Switch. I believe this will be the 3rd season premiere to feature Switch? for 2 cars (the Season 30 and 34 premieres also had Switch? for 2 cars).
Can't modify this post anymore, so I apologize for double posting, but I would like to add that CBS Press Express has released some additional photos from the season premiere (episode number #7611K). I don't think you can view the pictures in full without having an account there, but you can still see the thumbnails.

From the looks of it, either the Switch? clip is not from the season premiere despite what I expected, or the season premiere will have more than 2 car games.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Best in the World
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 01:38:01 AM »
I...actually really like the way those one-bid podia look now. Will have to wait to see how it comes off on TV, of course, but it looks far better than every design since Season 40.

Also, looks like Drew got a new microphone...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:47:50 AM by therealcu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 02:32:00 AM »
I generally prefer good ol' fashioned paint over coloured backlighting; however in contestants row it looks pretty decent.  I've noticed the greens in the set have gotten a little dull looking over the past few years.  The backlighting make the row stand out well.

Offline PayingTheRent

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 09:52:18 AM »
Where the hell did all of these emoticons come from?

:nipplesarehard:

Anyway...

What more is left for them to backlight? The floor? The Big Wheel? Where will the line be drawn?

I don't mind it here, however. The borders they've had in place since they went LCD with the displays have always looked a bit out of place, mainly because the LCD panels themselves (presumably) required a thicker border than the old ones. The backlight distracts from that nicely, and the recessed design with the silver borders looks very reminiscent of the Barker-era displays, which of course I'm a fan of! It's another case of the show combining the old with the new, and once again, I'm not disappointed. I would like to see LED backlighting toned down in other areas of the set, but I'll concede that it fits quite well here. Nicely done.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 10:13:05 AM »
I'd like to see them do something with the bid fonts, honestly. I get that they're trying to replicate what the old ones used to do, which I appreciate, but just solid white lines popping up looks very basic now with all the elaborate graphic animations all over the place.

They've got some fantastic graphics people these days, can't they do something that makes it look like numbers are "lighting up" on the screens? They could still make them look like Sportstype displays. Heck, make them sparkle like the Grand Game screens for the winner or something.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 10:20:58 AM »
Canadians (and likely all non-US people) who are geoblocked...

Simply replace TUBE in youTUBE.com with PAK (i.e. youpak.com/videourl) and voila.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 01/26/15
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 04:23:55 PM »
Four games spoiled in that promo alone, geez.

I caught five.

Why else would a car be in door #1?
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II); G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.
Quote from: bobbingforapples
Why was he unbanned? He hasn't changed.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 04:47:12 PM »
I caught five.

Why else would a car be in door #1?
While it likely is Triple Play, car behind Door 1 doesn't always mean Triple Play. They've had cars behind Door 1 in showcases on rare occasions - I know the June 23, 2016 show had a showcase with a car behind Door 1.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 01/26/15
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 05:29:59 PM »
I think we need spoiler tags.
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II); G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.
Quote from: bobbingforapples
Why was he unbanned? He hasn't changed.