Author Topic: 7611K - 9/19/16 Recap - Season 45 Premiere  (Read 12743 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: #7611K TPIR Recap - 09/19/16 (Season 45 Premiere)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 07:45:21 AM »
If you take away those god-awful, spinning dollar signs (seriously, does anyone actually like them??)
Yes.

Fair enough. :P

If the doors were closed off at the bottom, I could probably tolerate the dollar signs more, but right now, the whole thing just looks like a jumbled up mess to me.  I do like the concept, however.  Perhaps once I've seen the light border a few more times, it will grow on me.  It's definitely going to take some getting used to, though.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 08:51:44 AM »

Has the show ever announced before that a new game would be debuting on a different episode?

Yes - Bob did twice - in Spring of 1980, Bob mentioned that they would be adding a few new games and possibly one would debut the following day (most likely Barker's Bargain Bar followed soon after by Trader Bob).  Also, in the Summer of 1983, they needed to promote the debut of The Phone Home Game in order to get viewers to send in post cards.  Bob said the game would debut on Sept. 12th.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 09:38:13 AM »
Here's what i'd do with the doors motif at the opening....yes....get rid of the spinning dollar signs....but,have the doors close on the last contestant and use the doors as a transition to Drew coming out of the big doors...

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 10:10:02 AM »
Here's what i'd do with the doors motif at the opening....yes....get rid of the spinning dollar signs....but,have the doors close on the last contestant and use the doors as a transition to Drew coming out of the big doors...

I don't mind the idea, but I feel that it unfairly takes the focus away from the fourth contestant in lieu of more thrown on Drew Carey.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 11:37:58 AM »
I don't mind the idea, but I feel that it unfairly takes the focus away from the fourth contestant in lieu of more thrown on Drew Carey.
But,just that spllt or so transition shot between the contestant and Drew walking out from the big doors

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 12:29:06 PM »
I envision the light border looking something like this, though perhaps not cycling through colors quite so frequently:

edited to reflect the chase lights...chasing
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:20:10 AM by PayingTheRent »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
Re: 7611K - 9/19/16 Recap - Season 45 Premiere
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2023, 08:24:50 AM »
I'm not going to make a habit of calling attention to when I add an actual recap, but I wanted to go ahead and explain things.

Adam and I have been trying to figure the CSS out. Every time he thinks it's fixed, it just doesn't want to play nice for us when I try to apply it to the site.

I do want to try to figure the format out. There are a few games I don't think I can give justice to with my format.

Double Cross comes most readily to mind for that.

But I also want to actually start applying recaps to Season 45. Today, I came across the Big Money Week Cliff Hangers win during this season, and it got be back to thinking about doing something.

I don't know how long it's going to take me to get through these. One thing that makes it hard is that, without full shows to actually watch, it makes it hard to motivate myself to do something. I don't like doing the showcases without details like the yellow placards, or knowing the First Four calldown order.

But I do want to do something about this. Maybe someday I'll even figure out the new format.

For now, finally after nearly seven years, here is a Season 45 recap.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."