Author Topic: 7614K - 9/22/16 Recap  (Read 5876 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
7614K - 9/22/16 Recap
« on: September 22, 2016, 01:15:53 PM »
Recap: https://goo.gl/14MoRq

Quick Take
Vend-O-Price - Win
Dice Game - Loss
Range Game - Win
Any Number - Loss
Punch A Bunch - $250
One Wrong Price - Win

TODAY          YEAR
 On Offer:  $179,008.21   $750,382.21+
Total Won:    68,862.21    335,960.21+

Slightly modified thread title for consistency - PTR
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 01:02:14 PM by jaydlewis »

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: 9/22/16 - Episode 7614K
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 02:13:34 PM »
I like Dice Game but I winced as soon as she bet lower on the second number. With 21xxx known, I was pretty sure it was set up to be a six. Felt predictable with how Dice Game's usually set up, y'know?

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 03:57:20 PM »
I loved the left-in bit with the knob breaking off in Vend-O-Price. Drew was even clever with his quip about games "not being made like they used to".

Is this the first daytime playing of Punch with this color scheme? It looks really sharp, particularly the new distribution sign.

Looking forward to Hot Seat tomorrow, but can the next pricing game not be covered in silver, maybe? It's better than the pink and cyan days of yore, but the set's got enough silver as it is.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 04:46:59 PM »
It's always nice to see spontaneous moments of humor like the lever breaking in Vend-O-Price - those are the types of humor that should be left in, not forced Emmy gags.

Speaking of Vend-O-Price, what an awful prize. Offering a "trip" to LA is bad enough already, but the accessories just seemed tacked on to get the prize past the $5,000 minimum. (and I would have lost there thanks to overanalyzing things...thought it would be the granola since it was organic)

Dice Game was played excellently - going higher on the last digit was a very smart move considering the car had no paint & fabric protection to screw up the last digit. It's just a shame that Karine ended up with a very unlucky roll on the third digit.

Very awkward editing present throughout the entire Dice Game segment (and in 1 Wrong Price, to a lesser extent).

It was also nice to see them somewhat break from the 2P with a luxury car showcase formula today. (that Prius looked awful though with the random splotches of green)
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: #7614K TPIR Recap - 9/22/16
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 08:30:44 PM »
The knob breaking off in Vend-O-Price?! That was hilarious!!!! I really do like the way Punch-A-Bunch looks now. How about the borders on the 1 bid displays?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 11:26:39 PM »
The knob moment during Vend-O-Price was definitely genuinely funny and Drew was at his best playing off it. Too bad it was followed by quite the painful Dice Game loss.

I didn't like Punch a Bunch's makeover at first, but it's growing on me. It looked better today for some reason.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 02:55:30 AM »
Vend-O-Price breaking was hilarious, particularly because Drew finished breaking the knob himself.

Jack looked for all the world like he was going to knock over the Range Game board when he tackled Drew.

I can't believe they actually showed the Rainbow Wheel.

Is this the first daytime playing of Punch with this color scheme? It looks really sharp, particularly the new distribution sign.

It was used on two daytime shows last season (in fact, the old, acid-trippy color scheme hasn't appeared since the specials), but it is the first show with the repainted frequency chart.

And yes, the board really does look a hell of a lot better now.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 01:07:57 PM »
I can't believe they actually showed the Rainbow Wheel.

Why not? They did during season 40.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 10:20:08 PM »
I'm gonna guess I couldn't believe it then, either. :)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.