Author Topic: 7631K - 10/3/16 Recap - Breast Cancer Awareness Month Special  (Read 7288 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
7631K - 10/3/16 Recap - Breast Cancer Awareness Month Special
« on: October 03, 2016, 12:58:01 PM »
Recap: https://goo.gl/cMls31

Quick Take
Cliff Hangers - Won
One Wrong Price - Loss
Balance Game - Won
Grand Game - Won
Lucky Seven - Loss
Do the Math - Won

TODAY         YEAR
 On Offer:  $162,766   $1,821,668.21+
Total Won:    64,257      874,116.21+
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:25:58 PM by SteveGavazzi »

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: 7631K - 10/3/16 Recap - Breast Cancer Awareness Month Special
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 01:30:43 PM »
First episode of season 45 that has not featured any of the 24 pricing games not yet played this season.  In other words, all six games have been featured already at least once this season, and in Lucky Seven's case, twice earlier this season.

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »
Another breast cancer special that fails to pay any sort of tribute to Rod Roddy. Not surprising, of course...just disappointing. :cry:

Pretty easy setups all around, fittingly for a special like this, but too bad Heather wasn't wise to the usual "3rd digit high, 4th digit low" trick in Lucky Seven.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 04:19:07 PM »
In the 2nd SCSD, Heather spins first, gets .40 combined with two spins, and luckily wins.

So my question for the statisticians out there:  Is that the lowest 2 spin total from a first spinner to advance to the Showcases??

Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 04:21:39 PM »
First episode of season 45 that has not featured any of the 24 pricing games not yet played this season.

And this will be the last post commenting on such matters unless you have something more enlightening to mention. You did it Friday as well.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 04:23:55 PM »
First episode of season 45 that has not featured any of the 24 pricing games not yet played this season.  In other words, all six games have been featured already at least once this season, and in Lucky Seven's case, twice earlier this season.

It's called Scorpz. No need for these posts in future, thanks. It's one thing to note whenever it happens that every game has been played, but a daily update on this matter serves as posting just to post.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 05:27:04 PM »
In the 2nd SCSD, Heather spins first, gets .40 combined with two spins, and luckily wins.

So my question for the statisticians out there:  Is that the lowest 2 spin total from a first spinner to advance to the Showcases??

Not sure, but there is a picture in the golden gallery of a contestant winning with just 30 cents. Again, I'm not sure if they were the first spinner or not.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 09:27:33 PM »
At the end of last week, there were 24 pricing games that hadn't been played yet.  Now...there are 24 pricing games that haven't been played yet.  That was kind of disappointing.

I can't decide whether or not Lucky $even was supposed to be won, but if nothing else, it certainly wasn't meant to be lost the way it was lost.

Man, was it weird to suddenly have Contestants' Row be pink again for a day after all these years.

This is kind of a weird thing to say, but I loved Drew's reveal of the double overbid.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 10:35:29 PM »
I hate how L7 now even on a special, they are still fishing for a loss. I mean OK, most people will go low on 2nd digit, but that 8... L7 is a great game, but it has to be set up right. And Mike regime's has no idea how to set up most games with subtlety.

^ I don't see how that's odd to say at all. It was a brutal first DOB on the year, but with Drew botching these reveals sometimes, he did a good job this time.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Scorpz

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 10:41:09 PM »
It was really unfortunate to see this episode end in a double overbid.

Is that the lowest 2 spin total from a first spinner to advance to the Showcases??

It's the lowest since a 30 cent win on February 10, 2015.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:44:26 PM by Scorpz »

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 10:51:10 PM »
Another breast cancer special that fails to pay any sort of tribute to Rod Roddy. Not surprising, of course...just disappointing. :cry:
I never thought about that before. I suppose they could give him a mention and I do think it's important to know that men can get breast cancer also. He could be brought up to show this and to advocate going for mammograms as soon as possible, although maybe they don't want to bring him up since he didn't survive and the show is supposed to be celebrating survivors.

As for the issue with no not yet played games showing up today, aren't special episodes usually taped separately from the rest of the week they're shown? When was this taped compared to the previous two weeks of the season?

Offline rick420buzz

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 11:19:22 PM »
Two things I'd like to see in next year's special:

Tribute to Rod Roddy
A pink Cadillac (is pink even a stock color for Caddies?)

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 11:19:46 PM »
When was this taped compared to the previous two weeks of the season?
Today's show taped on August 29th, over a month after last week's shows taped (July 18-20), and 3 weeks after the season premiere (premiere week taped August 8-10). I know specials tend not to have the best lineups, but this was still pretty bad. Last year's NBCAM special had a much better lineup, and that one had Pay the Rent...
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 03:31:02 AM »
As for the issue with no not yet played games showing up today, aren't special episodes usually taped separately from the rest of the week they're shown? When was this taped compared to the previous two weeks of the season?

What does any of that have to do with scheduling the pricing games?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline whewfan

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 10:14:37 AM »
Hate to say it, but I don't think Rod will ever get a mention on the show. Just the same, Wheel ignores Chuck Woolery when it celebrates its anniversaries.

There's never really any acknowledgement of Johnny Olson either, probably because their target audience is too young to remember when he announced for the show.