Author Topic: 7644K - 10/13/16 Recap  (Read 8121 times)

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: 7644K - 10/13/16 Recap
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 11:15:34 PM »
I've been watching Price for my entire life, and 3 Strikes was one of the best playings of a game I have ever seen! Drew's hosting was spot-on during it, and he did great throughout the entire show. So much fun to watch!
1,685 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 11:44:54 PM »
Holy God, 3 Strikes was awesome today.  Not counting the 6-digit stuff, I think that's the most expensive car it's ever been played for, and Drew played it up for all it was worth.  His remark of, "I'm beginning to think there are only letters in the price," was definitely Bob-worthy.  The length of the segment was insane, too, especially given how much editing goes on these days -- the game alone lasted almost seven and a half minutes!

God help me, I thought for a minute that Deborah was going to set the magic number at $300.

I more likely think of Barbara playing 3 Strikes except it's not a 1999 Chevy Suburban.

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what in God's name are you babbling about?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 11:54:13 PM »
Magic number has never been played for cars as far as I know. I think it'd be strange to see M# played for 2 cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ShootingDio

• In the Audience
  • I can explain.
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 03:59:02 AM »
I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what in God's name are you babbling about?

I was referring to this episode from December 02, 1998
where Barbara had that similar playing to Catherine's, except that it's not
played for a prize we had in the modern gen. It was a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban.

Online thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 09:02:33 AM »
3 Strikes was indeed amazing. One of the best playings of the game in years. I knew she'd eventually place some numbers, but I thought she wouldn't be able to make it the end. What a wonderful surprise.

As others have mentioned the fact that she was able to keep up with all her choices was extremely impressive. A key facet to this game that can lead to failure.

Holy God, 3 Strikes was awesome today.  Not counting the 6-digit stuff, I think that's the most expensive car it's ever been played for, and Drew played it up for all it was worth.
Yeah, there has never been a car above $60K in five digit Strikes before. I thought for sure this was $50K and was absolutely shocked when it was revealed that five wasn't the first number.

When was the last time a contestant pushed the Magic # up that high? Players that go above $3,000 have to be a dime a dozen.

Overall, an excellent show with an excellent lineup. Well done, guys.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2016, 01:49:18 AM »
I was referring to this episode from December 02, 1998 where Barbara had that similar playing to Catherine's, except that it's not played for a prize we had in the modern gen. It was a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban.

1.)  You don't need to hit the Enter key in the middle of sentences...so please don't.

2.)  Are we really supposed to know who that is?

When was the last time a contestant pushed the Magic # up that high? Players that go above $3,000 have to be a dime a dozen.

I'm pretty sure that's the exact opposite of what you meant...
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.