Author Topic: FPG 10/28/16 - RESULTS  (Read 3198 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
FPG 10/28/16 - RESULTS
« on: October 28, 2016, 10:05:49 PM »
I would like to say that I have no words. Unfortunately, I'm the one that's hired to provide the words. So let's start with just one...

wut?

Seriously, Mike, you are the true winner of this game, sir. I came back from work to find out that we had ourselves an all-cash day... which news came just before the deadline and after everyone's picks were in. As far as I know, we didn't get any other spoilers with that news, so FPG continues - for what good that does our leaderboard.

Let's review the lineup, bursting to seams with fistfuls of dollars (and losses):

Punch-a-Bunch: Solo pick for $50,000 by Hag, also converting his Play-Along
Vend-O-Price: Key game, $15,000 each to Torgo/Tanzerey/GRV
Grand Game: Key game, $25,000 each to cu/Flerbert
Secret "X": SANDBAG
Pick-a-Pair: Key game, $25,000 each to Vader/Cephas
Cliff Hangers: Spoiled game, picked by all but cu, converts 18 Play-Alongs, only Flerbie gets 4 MP

We thought last week was highlight-stingy, but look at this...

T3. Torgo - 4/6 - key cash for Vend
T3. Cephas - 4/6 - key cash for Pair, converted Play-Along
2. Hag - 4/12 - key cash for Punch, converted Play-Along
1. Flerbert419 - 6/10 - key cash for Grand, only player to nail a game, first to earn a 4x Play-Along

The good news out of all of this: nobody leaves with less than a quarter-million bucks, and almost everyone earned a Top 10 finish...

...aww, JJ.

Anyway, next Friday is (as far as I know) a normal show, so let's hope we can get some bigger points in our third game.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FPG 10/28/16 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 10:20:43 PM »
Wow...I feel like such a fool for not picking Cliffy as my Play-Along. Should've thought twice knowing it was a guaranteed pick and that it was the Big Money Game.  8-O

Ah well, everyone makes mistakes. At least the points don't matter.  :lol:
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 10:36:52 PM »
I didn't read that Cliff was going to go the Plinko route and stick to the same win definition for FPG purposes. I thought that a loss was anything less that $250K as that was the top prize announced. Oh well.  :boo:

"From First To Last: thepriceis_J and Boston Red Sox Story"
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:38:13 PM »
I don't know what's more hilarious...the fact that Mike basically screwed with us all and did an all-cash show, or that my nonsense lineup very nearly won FPG.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 04:41:28 AM »
I seemingly am getting better at this game. 5th Place gladly accepted.
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 09:19:01 AM »
xlx

I thought they would try to squeeze another cash game in but it never crossed my mind that they would have a bunch of games played for cash and completely ignore all SP/GP conflicts. Did I miss something about why Cliff shouldn't have been played last? Seemed likely to me that they would build up to a prize that large through the show.

Also, I'd like to suggest a rule addendum - no spoiled game can be your Play Along. For those that don't follow spoliers, if they choose that game then change it to their their highest confidence one. It's going to be too easy to figure out if somebody wins a spoiled game and almost everybody is going to choose it regardless.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 11:55:14 AM »
I seemingly am getting better at this game.
You're not.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 01:17:43 PM »

You're not.

Let's see. He went from 22nd place last week to fifth. That's a definite improvement.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 02:22:46 PM »
Let's see. He went from 22nd place last week to fifth. That's a definite improvement.
Uh. In a week where the entire game was turned upside down and the winning score was 6/10. Cu was leading until Game 6 with a random lineup he swiped from eight years ago. It's a victory for sure and he should certainly take it, points and cash are points and cash, but he also picked a game that hasn't been played in two years. Basically a retired game that he didn't even know was retired. A waste of space.

Again, congrats on the placing, but let's see what happens another week when the show doesn't turn everything upside down.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 02:24:48 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 07:59:53 PM »
Also, I'd like to suggest a rule addendum - no spoiled game can be your Play Along. For those that don't follow spoliers, if they choose that game then change it to their their highest confidence one. It's going to be too easy to figure out if somebody wins a spoiled game and almost everybody is going to choose it regardless.

I'm hesitant to do that for all spoiled games, since spoiled games can be (and more often than you think are) lost. But anything that is spoiled to be won will definitely be out of play for a PA pick. I'll write something up officially to that effect later.

This would not have affected this playing, since we did not get a results spoiler for Cliff. It just kind of worked out that we got spoiled on a game that's usually easier to win than it is to lose (unless you bid $800 on Item 1).

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 12:53:14 AM »

Dude, you freaking picked a retired game.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 07:59:46 PM »
Dude, you freaking picked a retired game.

Which to be honest I had no clue actually was retired until cu said it was.
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United