Author Topic: 7652K - 10/18/16 Recap  (Read 9136 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
7652K - 10/18/16 Recap
« on: October 18, 2016, 01:54:08 PM »
Recap: https://goo.gl/aRBrMr

Quick Take
Freeze Frame - Loss
Pay the Rent - $5,000
Balance Game - Loss
Squeeze Play - Win
Double Cross* - Win
Switcheroo - Loss

*The game so new, you have to time-travel to play it.

TODAY        YEAR
 On Offer:  $221,428   $3,751,860.52+
Total Won:    51,211    1,716,477.21+

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
Re: 7652K - 10/18/16 Recap
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 01:57:58 PM »
(replying to my own post...how gauche)

I think they owe Rosanto a car. George clearly says the "...Ford Focus SE! This hatchback comes equipped..." and the on-stage car is a sedan.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 02:16:23 PM »
It's possible copy was edited from what was said at the taping to airtime, for whatever dumb reason. I didn't see the credits but I assume no technical win notice popped up, so I'd say nothing will happen.

Also, he botched Switcheroo so bad he doesn't exactly deserve anything... shouldn't factor into my opinion I know, but that was one of the all-time worst playings of Roo.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 03:16:19 PM »
Having that many right in Switcheroo, I'd have kept it. I mean, You're still coming away with some nice gifts even if you don't have the car, but the odds are in your favor that the car price is right. I mean, OK, maybe the contestant wasn't 100 percent confident he had the car, but even at that, you just have to switch two sets of blocks (swap them out for one another) to get what you think is the right answer. That didn't happen and the result was what we saw.

Brian

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 04:38:38 PM »
Ya know, I haven't really seen Drew's conducting of Switcheroo as an issue prior to today's show. Annoying? Yes. Anything but smooth? Definitely. But the guy had 3 friggin' prices right. Had Drew stopped there, not put any more time on the clock, and asked the guy if he wanted to make changes or not, I guarantee he'd have left it alone, and it wouldn't have ended as horribly, and awkwardly I might add, as it did.

Someone please get Drew to host this game properly.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »
^ I'm not sure if any of the current regime even realize the game is being played somewhat wrong now.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 06:55:08 PM »
But the guy had 3 friggin' prices right. Had Drew stopped there, not put any more time on the clock, and asked the guy if he wanted to make changes or not, I guarantee he'd have left it alone, and it wouldn't have ended as horribly, and awkwardly I might add, as it did.

Bold claim for a hypothetical. Considering just how quickly the contestant placed the blocks in the first place, I don't think he gave his placement much thought.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 07:16:13 PM »
Surprised no one noticed the name of the Contestant who won the Showcase: James Harden Sr.
He's the Father of NBA player James Harden.

Offline DRPrice

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 09:23:25 PM »
Quote from: Wayoshi
that was one of the all-time worst playings of Roo.

Totally agree, that playing was completely inexcusable, both for the contestant and Drew.  Drew's explanation of the game continues to be mystifyingly awful and the contestant really didn't stop and think what he was doing on either turn.  Glad he didn't make it out of the Showcase Showdown. 

---

fixed quoting - post otherwise left intact
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 05:19:39 PM by Torgo »

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 09:31:48 PM »
Ya know, I haven't really seen Drew's conducting of Switcheroo as an issue prior to today's show. Annoying? Yes. Anything but smooth? Definitely. But the guy had 3 friggin' prices right. Had Drew stopped there, not put any more time on the clock, and asked the guy if he wanted to make changes or not, I guarantee he'd have left it alone, and it wouldn't have ended as horribly, and awkwardly I might add, as it did.

Someone please get Drew to host this game properly.

Bold claim for a hypothetical. Considering just how quickly the contestant placed the blocks in the first place, I don't think he gave his placement much thought.

I have to agree with both of you to some degree. Drew is in his tenth year of hosting, and his explanation of the rules of Switcheroo is still poor. He still doesn't even use the word "price" in his explanation. He could just say something like "Complete the price correctly to win the prize". And I agree that he should have asked (as Bob did) if the contestant wished to make any changes before putting 30 more seconds on the clock. 

Nevertheless, it is the contestant who plays the game and makes the decisions. I also don't think today's player gave much consideration (if any) to actually pricing what was being offered.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »
Switcheroo was just terribly played. Not only did he place the blocks super quickly, but he priced the car first before pricing any of the small prizes (which is the absolute worst way to play Switcheroo - and this was after Drew told him that the small prizes can be used to help eliminate some of the available choices for the car!), and switched three of the blocks when he only had to switch two of them. Yes, Drew probably should have asked him first if he wanted a second chance before displaying the 30 seconds, but the contestant still should have bailed there, given the higher odds of winning the car.

It was pretty neat to see Drew specifically pointing out the dollar sign on the floor that indicates Pay the Rent, right before the $100,000 sign was brought out. Speaking of Pay the Rent, I just did the math myself and I believe today's playing had 2 solutions:

$8.99 (patches)
$6.99 (body wash) + $1.29 (cheese) = $8.28
$4.99 (cocoa) + $2.99 (crackers) = $7.98
$4.49 (sauce)

$8.99 (patches)
$6.99 (body wash) + $1.29 (cheese) = $8.28
$2.99 (crackers) + $4.49 (sauce) = $7.48
$4.99 (cocoa)

EDITED by Steve so it no longer looks like the Aspercreme patches went in the mailbox.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:36:57 AM by SteveGavazzi »
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 02:25:38 AM »
Surprised no one noticed the name of the Contestant who won the Showcase: James Harden Sr.
He's the Father of NBA player James Harden.
Somehow I doubt this is true... felt like it would have gotten more buzz

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 04:43:08 AM »
I was really glad to see Derek get into the Showcase after spinning on 65.  For a public school employee to win by doing the mathematically correct thing that looks like it's wrong...that really rubs me the right way. :)

On the other hand, I had no sympathy for Rosanto whatsoever.  He clearly wasn't paying any attention to where he was putting the numbers on his first turn, and he clearly wasn't paying attention to anything on his second turn.  I can't think of a more appropriate way for Switcheroo to have ended today.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 07:04:56 AM »
With regard to criticism about Drew not offering the player to bail out with 3 right, is it because Drew and/or the powers that be are unaware of that rule?  Is it that the rule has changed whereby if you have anything less than 5, you have to make changes, like with Race Game?  Could it be they purposely do not tell the contestant they have the option to stop due to budgetary reasons/concerns?

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 08:02:40 AM »
???

Drew made it very clear in this show that the contestant did not have to play the second round and could leave it as is.   It's the clearest I've heard him explain it in ages.