Author Topic: TPIR/LMAD Halloween Specials Promo  (Read 1852 times)

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
TPIR/LMAD Halloween Specials Promo
« on: October 25, 2016, 07:46:59 PM »
Surprisingly, no pricing games are spoiled here.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFaofByTZgQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFaofByTZgQ</a>

Offline SamJ93

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: TPIR/LMAD Halloween Specials Promo
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 03:00:01 AM »
I guess I'll have to see the show to fully judge, but Drew's "costume" looks pretty lazy.  A sweatshirt with some pink...thingys...ironed on?  I don't get it.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 02:50:51 PM »
Speculation/possible thematic spoilers based on the above video.
(Do I have to disclaim that? Better safe than sorry.)

I guess I'll have to see the show to fully judge, but Drew's "costume" looks pretty lazy.  A sweatshirt with some pink...thingys...ironed on?  I don't get it.

Drew, George, and the models are dressed as "Price Is Right" audience members. And based on the shot of the trip reveal, it looks like the audience was instructed to come dressed as pricing games?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Limit 2 per household.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 03:37:07 PM »
And based on the shot of the trip reveal, it looks like the audience was instructed to come dressed as pricing games?
It seems that it is show props in general (one audience member is wearing a red Contestant's Row display with "1" displayed) or show staff (another is dressed like Drew).
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 07:16:54 PM »
Another promo:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRE-qw5tvc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRE-qw5tvc</a>

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 07:46:21 PM »
I see costumes depicting Bullseye '76, Cliff Hangers, Flip Flop, Money Game, Plinko, Secret X, the Big Wheel, and a red Contestant's Row display. Some appear to be rather well-done, while others seem to be little more than simple cardboard or decorations on a shirt. Shall be quite interesting. :-)

*gets to 31-second mark*

...Did I just see someone dressed as the RAINBOW WHEEL?! :-o
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:51:43 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 01:16:30 PM »
That's Mike doing the voiceover in the second promo.

I see costumes depicting Bullseye '76, Cliff Hangers, Flip Flop, Money Game, Plinko, Secret X, the Big Wheel, and a red Contestant's Row display.

A fair number of Rat Race references, too. And going back to the first promo, somebody dressed as a neutered pet.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Limit 2 per household.