Author Topic: 7663K - 10/26/16 Recap - Big Money Week Day 3  (Read 8018 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
7663K - 10/26/16 Recap - Big Money Week Day 3
« on: October 26, 2016, 12:52:55 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 1/11/2011

Episode #7663K
Aired: 10/26/2016
Models: Rachel Reynolds, Amber Lancaster
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Amber
First Four Contestant Seating: Left-to-right

*Macsen pops in from the time portal* Here I am. My first Big Money Week episode. Gonna stay in here for a little while, because this is a brand new recap, and things are going to get weird.

As this is the Wednesday of this week, you already know what's happening. But I kinda missed out on Price for a very long time due to work, so I'll remind everyone mainly for my own benefit: One of the pricing games will be played for cash. A perfect bid this week is worth $5,000. And in a bonus spin, if a contestant lands on 45, it will be worth $45,000.

First IUFB: Arcade game (Namco Ms Pac-Man/Galaga w/stool; ARP: $3,095) (Rachel)

BRION (sic) JANET MARY SHELDON WINNER
$725 $1250 $625 $1251 SHELDON

Sheldon is playing Pick-a-Number for a Dodge Dart SE Rallye sedan. (convenience group) (Amber) The tags are 6, 8, and 9. (Rachel)

CHOICE     6      
ARP LOSS $ 1 9 2 8 0

Second IUFB: Coffee maker (Technivorm-Moccamaster; grinder, 4-cup capacity, 2 containers, kitchen cart; ARP: $1,272) (Amber)

Brion Janet Mary CAROL WINNER
$1800 $850 $900 $600 MARY

Mary is playing One Wrong Price.

65" 4K LED TV + soundbar + subwoofer (Amber) $4230 $4230
LOSS
Designer crap (Coach; 8pcs, his and hers) (Rachel) $1397 $2148
French door refrigerator/freezer (Rachel) $3100 $3100

I'll be honest. I would've said Coach even in 2011. And they didn't have 4K TVs back then.

Third IUFB: 13.3" laptop + all-in-one desktop + printer (hp; ARP: $2,300) (Amber and Rachel)

Brion Janet CEDRIC Carol WINNER
$2500 $2501 $2150 $2100 CEDRIC

Cedric is playing Hole in One (or Two) for UP TO $100,000!!!

Here's the deal: a windmill obstacle has been placed on the putting green. If Cedric putts the ball into the hole with the windmill on it, he will win $100,000. He can choose to remove the windmill and putt normally for $20,000

Orange Jell-O gelatin $1.99
Clabber Girl corn starch 99¢
Speed Stick deodorant  
Keebler Club crackers  
Turtle Wax Zip Wax car wax  
whink hair clog blaster  

*Macsen looks through some notes he was taking beforehand* So, the good news is, I found a playlist that has almost the entirety of Season 45's Big Money Week. The bad news is, Hole in One is the one segment they do not have.

Drew takes the inspirational putt, and IT'S IN THE HOLE!!! (I'd like to hope he'd make these regularly by now. This is his tenth season, after all.)
Cedric elects to putt with the windmill in place
Cedric's first putt goes to the left, and because I don't have video, I have no idea if it hit the windmill MISS
Cedric's second putt misses apparently in the exact same place LOSS

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Mary $1,272 50 15 65
Cedric $2,300 20 65 85
Sheldon $3,095 90 N/A *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Firepit table + 2 resin wicker chairs (Napoleon; ARP: $2,142) (Rachel)

Brion Janet ALYSSA Carol WINNER
$800 $801 $1101
HUH?!
$2000 CAROL

Carol is playing Double Cross. The common number in both prices is 6.

*Macsen steps over from his notes* Here it is. The Great Experiment. With my continuing issues with the CSS format, I have decided to tackle trying to build this in my style. And I figured out it's not quite as dynamic as I was fearing. I can do this with an 8x8 table, and just need to highlight the selected range for the contestant's guess.

I will likely do more recaps with this method. If I ever figure out the CSS format, I'll probably redo any recaps I did this way. But this one, as my first attempt, will be kept regardless for posterity.

Beachcomber hot tub (5 towels) (Amber)
Barbecue kitchen island (Bull stainless gas barbecue, 4pc tool set) (Rachel) 5           0
  7       5  
    4   3    
    4   5    
  5       8  
2           9

LOSS

Green ARP: $7,465
Yellow ARP: $4,635

I originally did this as a vertical cross, but decided to put in the effort to make it an actual X.

Fifth IUFB: 4-panel dance floor (event.decor.direct) + 7pc DJ set (Numark; Total ARP: $4,154) (Amber & George)

Brion Janet Alyssa TRACEY WINNER
$2600 $1800 $1 $1650 BRION

Brion, who was apparently in LA for Universal Studios Hollywood as he is wearing a "Thing 1" shirt (Drew pointed out a woman in his group with the "Thing 2" shirt), is playing Lucky $even for a Nissan Juke S subcompact XUV. (1.6l engine, CVT transmission, FWD, splash guards, carpeted floor mats, PFP) (Rachel)

CHOICE -- 4 6 5    
ARP 2 1 8 9 7 $21,983
LEFT 7 4 2 0   LOSS

*Macsen sighs* Gotta love these two-fers. Especially double two-fers. Janet is stuck in the blue space. But as she braces for my patented mugshot machine, now with an updated camera, there's something else that she might not be the only one dreading.

You see, I'm not the only one with a time portal. In the premier, I wondered if George had one of his own. But it's not him. It's that skunk singing Chevalier. He's hiding in the Bob Barker Studio like a cursed animatronic in a jumpscare video game. His tune permeates the set like creepy laughter. Someone needs to do something, or we are in or some malodorous jumpscare.

And we know how this skunk bounds when he's got four on the floor.

Sixth IUFB: His-and-hers snowboarding equipment (Salomon; ARP: $1,540) (Rachel)

ZACHARY Janet Alyssa Tracey WINNER
$1649 $1400 $1800 $1650 BENFUS

Janet escapes! She is playing Bonkers for a trip to Telluride, Colorado. (RT coach LA to Montrose CO rental car to Telluride, 6n Sunset Vista King room The Peaks Resort & Spa, 4d lift tickets, daily breakfast) (Amber) The display is 5673.

And if Janet wins, she will get $1,000 for each second she leaves on the clock.

1st choice: HLLL WRONG :25
2nd choice: HHLL WRONG :20
3rd choice: HLHL WRONG :15
4th choice: LLHH WRONG :10
5th choice: LHLH WRONG :02 MRRP LE PEW! SKUNKED!!!

Not a terrible playing, but nowhere near as good as it needed to be. Let me tell you, it's difficult getting these toofers in a hazmat mask.

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Janet $1,540 75 STAY 75
Carol $2,142 25 95 OVER
Brion $4,154 75 STAY 75

Tiebreaker...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Janet $1,540 15  
Brion $4,154 40 *SHOWCASE*

SHOWCASE ROUND
Brion has the honor...

SC1 - BRION IS A DODGE SUV CHIC ENOUGH FOR SOUTH BEACH? TRIP/CAR
BID: $41,000 Miami (RT coach LA to Miami, 6n premium suite Beacon Hotel South Beach, daily breakfast, VIP night club access) + $6,000 cash (Rachel)
Dodge Journey SE SUV (2.4l engine, 4spd automatic transmission, FWD) (Amber)
ARP: $33,411
DIFF: OVER
LOSS $4,154
SC2 - SHELDON WHY DID GEORGE HAVE TO USE THIS TRIP TO THROW SHADE AT CEDRIC? HYBRID CAR
BID: $27,500

Scotland (RT coach LA to Edinburgh, 6n deluxe room Autograph Collection The Glasshouse Hotel) (Amber)
Chevrolet Sonic LS sedan (1.6l engine, 6spd automatic transmission, FWD) (Rachel)

ARP: $31,834
DIFF: $3,334
*WIN* $34,929

Welp, I'll see you next time! *Macsen pops back through his time portal*

Show Results: 0 out of 6
Total Winnings: $46,337
Big Winner: Sheldon

THIS RECAP IS THE PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

RECAP PRODUCED BY MACSEN

Quote from: Original Quick Take, link redacted since it's dead
Pick-A-Number - Loss
One Wring Price - Loss
$100,000 Hole in One - Loss
Double Cross - Loss
Lucky Seven - Loss
Bonkers - Loss

TODAY         YEAR
 On Offer:  $250,808   $5,878,584.67+
Total Won:    46,337    2,299,461.21+

« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 06:26:15 PM by Macsen »

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: 7663K - 10/26/16 Recap - Big Money Week Day 3
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 01:09:29 PM »
What an absolute stinker of an episode for Big Money Week, and I mean that literally. Lucky $even shows its evil self again, the other games didn't fare well, 100K Hole in One was a bit of a mess for how far away he got to putt (darn cheap corn starch...), and to top it off, we get our lowest winnings for the day this season. I thought the option of removing the windmill in exchange for $20,000 was neat -- I don't blame his choice for the loss, and it didn't seem like it was too hard to get the putt in with the windmill there, but the loss was probably a combination of it and the distance from the hole. Just too bad he didn't get a win.

Guess we'll move on from the skunk tomorrow...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:13:02 PM by Schfifty »
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:23:59 PM »
This wasn't the easiest show ever and nothing went right on top of it.

I did like the windmill gimmick for Hole in One, though. It feels like something from a minigolf course, which is exactly what it should be. It makes it a bit harder but I suspect it's mostly mental.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 01:43:00 PM »
One of these days today.
A Non-Car game for a car.
A Car game for Cash ( Most Expensive thing ever offered in Hole in One )
I noticed they forgot to put in the $500 Bonus Stick at the beginning of Hole in One , Probably to show off the Windmill.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 03:14:53 PM »
I thought the windmill in Hole in One was cute, but I don't see why they couldn't have still played it for a car but only have the $100,000 in play for the first putt. I did not expect the corn starch to be the least expensive item at all-- I thought for sure it was the Jello, deodorant, then the corn starch.

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 05:23:17 PM »
What is it about Hole In One that makes so many contestants fail to get past the first line in recent seasons?   That's 2/2 this season, 5/7 last season and 6/9 in season 43 where the contestant has had to putt from the furthest line.  Is it simply a case of some more obscure/deceptively cheap or expensive items being used more often in Hole In One compared with other games?

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 05:24:24 PM »
What is it about Hole In One that makes so many contestants fail to get past the first line in recent seasons?   That's 2/2 this season, 5/7 last season and 6/9 in season 43 where the contestant has had to putt from the furthest line.  Is it simply a case of some more obscure/deceptively cheap or expensive items being used more often in Hole In One compared with other games?

Yes, it's that simple
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 07:42:49 PM »
I fell they should have had this structure for Hole In One today: First putt with the windmill for $100K, second putt w/o the windmill for $20K.

I'm also surprised for Big Money Week they didn't up the perfect pricing bonus in Hole ($2,000? $5,000?). Not that it would've mattered - I too was caught out, not so much by the cornstarch but how expensive the Jell-O was, diet or not (I buy the sugar-free version and it's about the same price, about $1.25).

And I thought they might reprise the 7,000th show gimmick for Lucky Seven and give the contestant 7 $1,000 bills to use.
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 08:46:34 PM »
I absolutely despised the Windmill.  Poor Mr. Goodson must be rolling in his grave.  This is not Beat the Clock.  Hey why not just blindfold the contestant and offer $1,000,000 in Hole in One?  Ridiculous.  Imagine if he got up to the line nearest to the hole, choked and missed due to the windmill?  How does that make the show look?  I know they have to make winning the big dough more difficult but when they come across as overtly trying to disadvantage the contestant, they are walking away from why 'Price' has been such a beloved show for 45 seasons.  #epicfail

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 09:03:30 PM »
I absolutely despised the Windmill.  Poor Mr. Goodson must be rolling in his grave.  This is not Beat the Clock.  Hey why not just blindfold the contestant and offer $1,000,000 in Hole in One?  Ridiculous.  Imagine if he got up to the line nearest to the hole, choked and missed due to the windmill?  How does that make the show look?

...have you played miniature golf before?
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 09:44:29 PM »
I absolutely despised the Windmill. Poor Mr. Goodson must be rolling in his grave. [...] I know they have to make winning the big dough more difficult but when they come across as overtly trying to disadvantage the contestant, they are walking away from why 'Price' has been such a beloved show for 45 seasons. #epicfail
This would make Goodson roll in his grave? This is "walking away" from why the show has been so beloved?

Seasons 37, 38, and 39 would beg to differ, sir.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 10:20:38 PM »
Well, I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting that to happen today.  At the very least, 1 Wrøng Price and Bonkers should have been won, and the latter could have easily given away quite a bit of money.  There is no way this episode should have been skunked.

Hole in One was a pretty cool idea.  It's a shame it didn't pan out, but it was satisfying to see Drew make the inspiration putt.

Speaking of Hole in One, did anyone notice that the $500 flag wasn't there until after the grocery plugs?

What an absolute stinker of an episode for Big Money Week, and I mean that literally.

Unless there were fumes emanating from your television, no, you don't.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 10:38:40 PM »
In most cases it's the contestant making a wrong choice between the first two cheapest items, but today the corn starch and Jello were downright deceptive items.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 07:40:19 AM »
This would make Goodson roll in his grave? This is "walking away" from why the show has been so beloved?

Seasons 37, 38, and 39 would beg to differ, sir.
I blocked seasons 37, 38, 39 from my brain; esp. S37!  LOL

Offline Turbo

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 09:56:48 AM »
What an absolute stinker of a show.  Doubly unfortunate that it happened during Big Money Week.  That corn starch is ridiculous.  I'm double-checking that price next time I'm at the grocery store.   :-D

Hole in One was a pretty cool idea.  It's a shame it didn't pan out, but it was satisfying to see Drew make the inspiration putt.

Speaking of Hole in One, did anyone notice that the $500 flag wasn't there until after the grocery plugs?
Drew making it was pretty much the highlight of the day.  Great time to pull it off!  And I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that.  I thought that maybe they were going to give a $500 bonus for each item he placed correctly instead of the bonus for all six at first.  Then I thought I was just goin' nuts until I backed up the DVR.

EDIT: Apparently I zoned out during Bonkers.  Never mind on the complaining about bonuses.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 09:59:28 AM by Turbo »
PriceFanArmadillo: "When Voltron's in the audience, there are 1,153,908 reasons to listen."