Author Topic: 7671K - 10/31/16 Recap - Halloween Special  (Read 6963 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
7671K - 10/31/16 Recap - Halloween Special
« on: October 31, 2016, 01:43:01 PM »
Recap: https://goo.gl/YxoK5M

Quick Take
Plinko - $3,100
Push Over - Loss
Gas Money - Win
One Right Price - Win
Check Out - Loss
Money Game - Loss

TODAY         YEAR
 On Offer:  $199,275   $6,767,147.67+
Total Won:    85,143    2,740,768.21+

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: 7671K - 10/31/16 Recap - Halloween Special
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 03:44:40 PM »
I loved it.  I loved the creativity and authenticity of the contestants' costumes and I loved seeing all 5 models on one show.

Offline plinkoboard

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 04:04:06 PM »
Wow 4 Michaels on the same show including 3 in contestant's row at 1 time!  Have they ever had that many contestants with the same name called down in an episode before(excluding the times they played jokes and had everybody's name tag be the same)?  I thought the cruise in Push Over was over $9,000 as well considering the length of it.  Strange how in Gas Money Janet picked the money amounts in increasing order.  I wonder why Sonia thought the Aspercreme patch was so cheap.  I had a feeling when she guessed $2 for it it would end up costing her a win.

Online Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 04:14:28 PM »
Wow 4 Michaels on the same show including 3 in contestant's row at 1 time!  Have they ever had that many contestants with the same name called down in an episode before(excluding the times they played jokes and had everybody's name tag be the same)?

There was an episode around 1980 that I recall as a child in which the first four contestants were all named Barbara.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 04:37:33 PM »
^ What? Get outta here. I hope they all had different initials. :P
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 04:40:58 PM »
I wonder why Sonia thought the Aspercreme patch was so cheap.  I had a feeling when she guessed $2 for it it would end up costing her a win.

The audience booed her when she said $5 for the canned pumpkin (assuming they thought she went way too high) so she tried to compensate by going really low on the Aspercreme patch.
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 07:53:59 PM »
The audience booed her when she said $5 for the canned pumpkin (assuming they thought she went way too high) so she tried to compensate by going really low on the Aspercreme patch.
If that's true, it was still a pretty bad play, for two reasons: A), the nuts booing often means you're actually right and Mike is trying to be tricky; B) you can't miss by 7 dollars even when balancing
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 10:39:54 PM »
If that's true, it was still a pretty bad play, for two reasons: A), the nuts booing often means you're actually right and Mike is trying to be tricky; B) you can't miss by 7 dollars even when balancing

You speak as if the contestant were a die-hard LFAT. To the average person that means literally nothing.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 11:05:34 PM »
This was a fun show for Halloween. It was a clever idea to have Drew, George, and the models dress and act like contestants. It was much better than a year ago (two years?) when everyone dressed as Drew and that's how everyone was called down. Some of the audience members and contestants did really good costumes too, and in general the show had a lot of energy today.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 12:46:04 AM »
I can only add one thing to this thread that nobody's said already:  All five Barker's Beauties were on the show today!  That, along with the way they were integrated into the IUFBs, was pretty darn cool.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 01:08:21 AM »
You speak as if the contestant were a die-hard LFAT. To the average person that means literally nothing.
Fair enough

I think she just grossly underpriced it and really wasn't trying to balance anything, for the record.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 10:53:46 AM »
I can only add one thing to this thread that nobody's said already:  All five Barker's Beauties were on the show today!  That, along with the way they were integrated into the IUFBs, was pretty darn cool.
You would think they could present 1 Right Price properly, then.  :D
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 02:22:32 PM »
I can only add one thing to this thread that nobody's said already:  All five Barker's Beauties models were on the show today!  That, along with the way they were integrated into the IUFBs, was pretty darn cool.

FTFY.

Barker has been gone for 10 years. At some point you're going to have to accept that, not to mention it's massively misogynistic in 2016.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 11:15:21 AM »
Barker has been gone for 10 years. At some point you're going to have to accept that, not to mention it's massively misogynistic in 2016.

Barker no longer being the host doesn't mean longtime fans can't still use terminology coined during his run.

As far as 'Barker's Beauties' being "massively misogynistic," that's entirely subjective and definitely a stretch, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:06:23 PM by PayingTheRent »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 04:18:10 PM »
FTFY.

You could also fix the part about adding something no one had already said (since the first reply says very much the same - JT saying I loved seeing all 5 models on one show). ;)