Author Topic: Missed Hosting Opportunities  (Read 6311 times)

Offline MandDY53

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Missed Hosting Opportunities
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 06:22:15 PM »
Bill Cullen was actually considered for millionaire in 1999, until it was discovered that he passed away nine years earlier. Can't remember exactly where I read that.
It was a joke Regis made during an interview.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 07:23:08 PM »
It was a joke Regis made during an interview.
Though it does get me thinking, if WWTBAM had been around in the 70s or 80s, and Cullen had been tapped to host it, would he have been a good fit for it?

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 07:40:23 PM »
Other than an "I'll bet Bill Cullen would be good at this game" type of reference, I can't imagine anyone would have given this any serious consideration.

I'm normally not the grammar police, but man, substitute "have" everywhere you wrote "of" and it makes a lot more sense.  The expression is "would have" not "would of".

Cool

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 12:59:05 AM »
Hugh Downs hosting Family Feud.

Seriously though, Bill Cullen hosting Password Plus after Allen stepped down would have been a better fit than Tom Kennedy.

Jim Perry would have been great on Split Second.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 09:56:22 AM »
Hugh Downs? I don't think so, because what made Feud so great is the humor, and the hosts have played a big part in it. Granted, Al Roker only hosted that one season of Celebrity Feud back in '08, but he wasn't funny either.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 11:17:21 AM »
Hugh Downs? I don't think so, because what made Feud so great is the humor, and the hosts have played a big part in it. Granted, Al Roker only hosted that one season of Celebrity Feud back in '08, but he wasn't funny either.

Richard Karn wasn't funny on feud either.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 03:58:32 PM »
I'd have liked to have seen a William Shatner-hosted Family Feud. Richard Dawson said that it was Shatner that Mark Goodson was considering, and rather strongly, to be host of the Feud
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2017, 08:16:29 PM »
I feel like switching Wayne Brady and Steve Harvey from LMAD and Family Feud wouldn't be a bad trade-off. Both can pull off the humor and wackiness of either show.

I don't really know, but I would have liked to see how Todd Newton would have done the old Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader. Just out of curiosity.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2017, 08:51:45 PM »
I feel like switching Wayne Brady and Steve Harvey from LMAD and Family Feud wouldn't be a bad trade-off. Both can pull off the humor and wackiness of either show.

Both would be terrible fits, especially Steve. I just can't see him yelling at contestants for making a bad deal they can't control.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 11:25:18 AM »

I was joking. High Downs would be way too serious for Feud.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »

I was joking. High Downs would be way too serious for Feud.
I'm sure you were  :P