Author Topic: Studio 33 Transforms for "Real Time"  (Read 983 times)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Studio 33 Transforms for "Real Time"
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:09:43 PM »
HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher has taped in Studio 33 for years, and is getting an all-new set for 2017. Check out how they go from a freshly-struck Price set to the new one.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFYCclc6l24" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFYCclc6l24</a>

Interesting how much actually stays. Rather than pulling up the Goodson daisies in front of Contestants' Row, they just put the black floor over top of them. It appears that wall to the left of the turntable is semi-permanent as well.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
  • When Will Staging Not Be Fun?
Re: Studio 33 Transforms for "Real Time"
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »
Fascinating. This is actually kind of a big deal as I don't think Real Time has had real major set change since it began.

I didn't even know about this. Can't wait to see it tonight.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got sit down while I was hosting.

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 02:02:01 PM »
Did anyone notice that at the 20 second mark there were several seats removed to install some computers at the base of the stage? And does anyone know what their purpose is?
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 06:31:01 PM »
I would imagine that is his producer's table.
Glad they aren't my council-people.