Author Topic: FPG 1/27/17 - RESULTS  (Read 1571 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
FPG 1/27/17 - RESULTS
« on: January 28, 2017, 12:20:04 AM »
Well, the scores were indeed better this week, but nobody managed to get more than three games correct. The lineup, and how you all did...

Grand Game: 11 picks, seven for 4 MP, 2K and 985 max it out
Bargain Game: seven picks, none for 4 MP
Pocket Change: five picks, three players get 4 MP and the other pair get 2 MP (one right slot, one right result)
Master Key: key game (fittingly), Sweeper/Cephas/Tris/TPIRfan#9821 each get $10,000
Check Game: five picks, nobody slotted it fifth, so no 4 MP picks
Side by Side: SANDBAG

Three of the top four picked games, Freeze, L7, and Cliff, failed to show up, so the scores aren't as high as they might be. But we did have some bright spots...

3. Schfifty - 8/36 on two games - nailed Grand and Pocket
2. Cephas - 9/39 on three games - nailed Grand and Pocket plus cashed in on Key
1. TPIRFan2000 - 10/34 on three games - perfectly slotted first half, with Grand and Pocket nailed

Here's the full table, where 2/10 got you a Top 10...

Puppy Bowl Special next Friday... keep your eyes peeled for those spoilers, and I'll see you then.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: FPG 1/27/17 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 12:32:24 AM »
Well, better job than last time guys. Good job.

I still want to shoot myself for screwing up my first playing, because I thought that a confidence of 1 meant highest confidence. $132k mistake, unfortunately. Next week... next week will be fun, and filled with spoilers.

On a sidenote, 2 car games in a row, the 3-4 slots? That probably screwed more than me up.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 01:03:16 AM »
Took long enough for me to finally get a win. Certainly makes up for my crappy luck in CSS lately.  xlx
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline dprice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 08:39:52 PM »
Two weeks in a row I was shutout.  I hope to do better this week.  I hope this Thursday to choose a decent lineup for this Friday's show.

Offline Tanzerey8

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 08:03:55 AM »
Me when I was deciding my picks for this FPG:

"It's probably going to be Cliff Hangers, so SP game rules out Master Key."
"What other car game can I pick? Is it too soon for Pocket Change? Yeah, probably too soon."
"I don't think they'll do a two prize game today. I know Bargain Game is their go to, but I just have a feeling..."

I think from here on out when a game comes to mind for FPG, I should just go with it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:07:08 AM by Tanzerey8 »