Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/29/2007  (Read 11822 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/29/2007
« on: March 29, 2007, 02:12:30 PM »

Production #3934K - Taped Feb. 27, 2007

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Mercedes

Models of the Day: Gwendolyn Osbourne, Rachel Reynolds and 'Mercedes'

Wearing: Necessitees

1   VocoPro Wanderer Karaoke System (R)

PAMELA *1200
KEVIN 700
ALEXANDER 600
LYNSEY 601
($1288)

Pamela from Detroit, MI plays PUSHOVER for a (Panasonic) 50" Plasma HDTV (G&M)

Setup:4 2 9 8 0 5 9 6 0
Pick:4 2[9 8 0 5]
Price:$4298   LOSS

2   Davis Vantage Pro Weather Station (G)

PATSY **760**
+Kevin 1499
+Alexander 850
+Lynsey 550
($760)

Patsy collects the $500 wad and plays MORE OR LESS

Whirlpool Ultimate Care Washer/Dryer$700MORE$918*
Largo Jaclyn Smith Dinig Group850MORE1195*
Vulcan His/Her Golf Equipment2000LESS2308LOSS
Ford Focus S (Std., AC)

In Patsy's case, we should probably rename this game "Higher or Lower".

3   Woods 21.7 cu ft Freezer Chest/Capzasin HP (M&R)

BENJAMIN 1900
+Kevin 675
+Alexander *420
+Lynsey 700
($549)

Alexander, a student at Michigan, plays SWITCH?

Honda CRF150 Ofroad Motorcycle (R)$3149$3149
Super Dodgeball Arcade Game (G)$4295SWITCH!$4295LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1

$589Alexander50 + 55OV
1,288Pamela65 stay.65Through to Showcase Round
3,373Patsy  5 + 15.20

4   MCF Wallace Coffee Urn/Campbell's Cream of Mushroom (G&M)

Benjamin 600
+Kevin *601
JOHN 430
+Lynsey 550
($750)

Kevin from Wyaidotte, MI plays IT'S IN THE BAG

$1,000$.55*(5) (Starburst) Fruit Chews (single)
2,00011.99*(2) StressEez Supplement (60)
4,0001.99*(1) Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce
BAILOUT6.99X(3) Polident Fresh Cleanse ($4.69)
4.69X(4) Purina Cat Chow (bag)($6.99)
(6) Cortaid Advanced (1.5 oz)

5   Pulaski Casa Cristina Bar (G + M w/a doggy)

Benjamin 1
AMNADA 1000
John 1400
+Lynsey *2000
($2310)

Lynsey, the last of the "First Four", plays MONEY GAME for a Pontiac G6 (Std., Pedals, BlkHtr, Pref, Prot)(R)

185035-420-3
199518-142-5
35807719-2

$72$20 6 42   WIN!

6   (Canon) 5MP Digital Camera (from above)

Benjamin 450
Amanda *500
John 1
JASON 750
($560)

Amanda plays POKER GAME

Amanda's Picks:
(2) Pathfinder 4 pc Luggage Set$9700 0 9 7 6 (1)
(3) StressLess Total Gym 1700 Home Gym610ONE PAIRPASSES

Amanda's Hand:
(1) handcraftedmodelships.com USS Constitution Model Ship7999 9 9 9 8 (7)
(4) Cutco Homemaker+8 Knife Set8994 OF KINDWIN!

SHOWDOWN #2

$3,838Amanda65 stay.65
4,790Kevin90 stay.90Through to Showcase Round
23,024Lynsey60 + 70OV

SHOWCASE ROUND

Kevin has the honor.

SC1-Kevin

GWEN DIGS OUT OF THE SNOW (G)
Trip to Kaua'i (5n @ Marriott)(R)
Beachcomber Hot Tub (M)
Ford Ranger XL (Std., Wheels, AC)(R)
BID$27,000
PRICE25,646
DIFFOVER

SC2-Pamela

PRIZES DELIVERED TO THE DEPOT BY "CHUGS" THE TRAIN (R)
Corsican Virginian Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit
Ragtime West Player Guitar
Yamaha VX110 Waverunner
BID$20,000
PRICE20,787
DIFF- 787
TOTAL$22,075

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6 (with 1 Bailout)

Total Winnings: $57,689

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/29/2007
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 02:21:38 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #203, Lynsey! :-D

More or Less- That was... awful. Red Hats usually annoy me, but man, that was the worst.

Bidding Round #5- #204, Amanda! :-D

Showcases- Wow... what a bid. It looked like a double overbid for sure.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Kevin.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Another average show... Grade: 2

Offline baymonster

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 02:24:05 PM »
I'll (hopefully) go first, though I missed the last few showings due to other priorities...

Push Over: Stupid loss!

More or Les: Forced loss on the golf equipment, darn.

Switch?: I would've have switched too, another toughie.

It's in the Bag! (Fourth??): Timely bailout.

Money Game: Niiice, I didn't expect 42 ot be the last 2 at all.

Poker Game: Yay!  An obvious choice and win.

SC's: Another close, but winning bid! I think we're due soon for a DSW just as much as we got a 5/6er yesterday.

Later.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »
A step down today:

Push Over: STUPID is an understatement.  PATHETIC would most likely fit it.  Should have listened to the Peanut Gallery, Pamela.

More or Less: Roger was up to his tricks today...the third prize was TOUGH.  I thought less, it was MORE.  DAMN those more expensive than it looks Golf Clubs!!!  Patsy somewhat annoyed me today on the other hand.  

Switch: I heard about half of the audience say "SWITCH."  I called for a "NO SWITCH."  Sadly I was right.  It was a bit tough for Alexander.

SCSD 1: Glad Patsy didn't win.  I wanted Pamela to redeem herself...

It's in the Bag: Kevin was a nice contestant.  Well timed bailout.  He definitely mixed up the last two bags.  I hope there is a $16,000 win before Bob retires....

Money Game: Nice, Lynsey won on the last pick!  The 42 was screaming to be picked.

Poker Game: Easy for Amanda....

SCSD 2: Tough break for both Lynsey and Amanda.

Showcases: I had a sinking feeling both Kevin and Pamela went over.  But Pamela was $787 off!!  Pamela redeems herself!!!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »
Pushover - That was not a smart move

More or Less - That was evil. those clubs didnt even look like $2000.

Switch? - Maybe an actual motorcycle would be $4000+ but not that dirt bike

IITB - The perfect time to bail out

Money game - Nice win!

Poker game - easy win.

Showcases - After pamela bid $20,000, i was proaying that we didnt have another DOB. She was actually close. Now if someone would get close enough to win both showcases!

Grade: 7/10

My Bids: $25,475/$171!!! | $18,000/$2,787

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 04:24:45 PM »
Push Over: Pamela, what were you thinking? The peanut gallery wanted you to keep pushing, but no! You left a price that made absolutely no sense at all!

More Or Less: I'm shocked those golf clubs were more than $2000. With the way she acted I think she wanted to harm Bob. At least that's the way I see it.

Ever since Bob let his hair go white I'm always very concerned that he would get hurt. And frankly it scares the bejesus out of me. He wouldn't have to deal with that anymore by the time he retires.

Switch: I went with my gut to leave them the way they are. I was right. Unfortunately for Alexander he did the opposite and lost.

SS #1: Well for Bob's sake and mine I'm glad Patsy didn't win.

It's In The Bag: I would go on and lose. Kevin made the wise  decision to stop at $4,000. Boy did he made his father proud by doing that.

Money Game: I'm glad Lynsey picked out 42 to win the car. A great birthday present indeed.

Poker Game: Easy as pie. No question about it.

SS #2: I wanted Lynsey or Amanda to win. I wish there was a 3rd hottie on the show today.

Showcases: What a way for Pamela to redeem herself by bidding so well. When oh when are we going to have another DSW?

My Bids: $20,320/5,326
         $16,500/4,287

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 04:32:19 PM »
Pushover: I had a feeling the $4K+ price was right.

More or Less: Bummmer. That was highway robbery on the third prize! Darn you, Roger!!!

Switch?: I had a feeling he should have left them alone.

It's In the Bag: This was fourth?!? What a nice surprise! I thought he had passed up $8,000, because I thought for sure the mouthwash was $6.99.

Money Game: Finally we have a winner! 18 and 19 were just begging to be picked for the first two picks, but it didn't matter!

Poker Game: Always nice to see this.

Showcases: I had a feeling the Train Depot showcase would break $20k because of that guitar and waverunner.

Overall: Good show today.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 04:55:15 PM »
Push Over: No way should this game be lost.  $4298 was sticking out like a sore thumb.

More or Less: EVIL!  I thought the golf clubs were cheaper.

Switch:  Leaving them alone was all you can do here.

IITB:  Smart move by Kevin.  That $6.99 bag was definetely wrong.

Money Game:  Nice win by Lynsey.  I never thought 42 was the last 2 digits.

Poker Game: Just like butter.  Simple.

SC: I thought we had another DO.  Boy was I wrong.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »
PG #1:  Once again, we go just 5 minutes into the show and get a

PG #2:  Yay!  More or Less!  :-P  With the "Phone Home Game" cue!  :-D  Wow... expensive golf clubs today.  Methinks Roger forced a loss again.

PG #3:  The audience was right once again.  Should not have been switched.

PG #4:  Baggy 4th?!  That was strange.  And what is up with Roger and all of these hard-ass GP setups this week?  Any of those last three products could've been $6.99.

PG #5:  Heh heh heh... I'll bet Roger wasn't expecting anybody to take 42.  :-D

PG #6:  YAY!  POKER GAME!  :-D  :-D  :-D  That was an easy pass.

My showcase bids:
Truck--$23,032
FRTDS--$19,498
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 06:32:13 PM »
Push Over:  I have a plasma HDTV that I would like to sell for $4500 plus tax.  It's never a smart move to go against the Gallery.  :-D

More or Less:  I'm starting to enjoy seein' this game, but Roger is making this game harder with each playing, especially when he adds golf clubs into the mix!  :-D

Switch?:  Easy setup here; those should not have been switched.  

It's in the Bag:  Nice bailout here on an otherwise evil setup; if Kevin would've continued, the Cat Chow would've caused him heartbreak.  I too thought that any of the last three remaining products could've been $6.99; for the record, I would've picked the Polident.

Money Game:  Wow!  That was a good playing; I would've said 42 for the last two digits myself.

Poker Game:  I haven't seen this game in a while!  Nice and easy playin' today!  :-D  

Showcases:  Ford Ranger = EVIL  :-x
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »
Crap, the only 2 games I have yet to see are Stack the Deck and More or Less. And in one of the only weeks I work night shift, they show up in the 2 shows I had to miss ... :(

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 06:57:28 PM »
Pretty decent show today, nothing spectacular, but solid.

Pushover: If you're gonna lose, don't lose with a price that is obviously wrong. $5960 sure looked tempting enough however.

More or Less: E-V-I-L.

Switch?: Some dirt bikes actually are priced in the $4k range. Personally I thought this wasn't that easy.

Baggy: 4th??? Sweet. $4k ain't a bad haul at all.

Money Game: Hey, we've been seein' some playas in this game lately.

Poker Game: Nice to see Poker in the 6 hole. Very easy decision to pass that hand to the house. Easy win.

Showcases: **Whew** I thought we were headed for a double overbid. Turns out Pamela's bid was what I would call jaw dropping.

Is it possible? Can we actually go 3 weeks without Double Prices? Personally, I do not think so, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 07:02:17 PM »
I don't know if that pair of zeros was the worst hand ever drawn in Poker Game, but it had to be close.

I liked Patsy's hat - sue me! :lol:  Actually, she reminded me of a character in an episode of The Flintstones where they did a prehistoric version of the old Price Is Right (in that episode Fred gets stage fright before "The Prize Is Priced" and Barney takes his place winning a boat which {naturally} later sinks).
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 09:43:57 PM »
I'm not sure Push Over necessarily should have been won, but it certainly shouldn't have been lost the way Pamela lost it.  I think she was the only person in the studio who didn't know she was wrong.

Apparently, I'm starting to like More or Less a little more -- I actually enjoyed it today.  I was really surprised that Roger had it set up to be lost again, though...although at least he let the player get to the third prize today.

Speaking of More or Less, Patsy's antics before the game were hilarious.  I think this is the first time I've seen Bob actually try to host the show from off-camera.

Kevin was a great contestant, too, with his speech about his dad watching the show and telling his mom to shut up during it.   It's too bad he couldn't win It's in the Bag...at least he bailed out at the right spot, though.

And speaking of It's in the Bag, I guess we now know that the size of the groceries doesn't affect whether or not they can be used.

And still speaking of It's in the Bag...it was played in the second half!  That is awesome!  The only way it could have been better would have been if it were fifth.

Not having a small prize game today was totally worth it to see Poker Game sixth.

This is the first time in quite a while that I can remember a whole Train Depot showcase going by without any of the prizes getting on-camera before they were supposed to.

I felt really bad that Kevin didn't win the Showcase...I mean, I had nothing against Pamela (despite her atrocious guess in Push Over), but he had the guts to make a reasonable bid, and he was just so darn likeable...
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 10:02:30 PM »
Push Over: Okay, this was not going to be an easy one for me today. 2980 and 4298 could work; 5960 to a lesser extent. But I was so against Pamela's 8059 and 9805. The audience agreed about that, but I think some of them were more concerned about 2980.

One Bid 2: Since I heard the bell, I was predicting either Alexander or Lynsey won the station and the bonus.

I should have spotted this before: Now I know Bob uses his arms as a shield to prevent people like Patsy from attacking him. Worked a little bit in the beginning..

More or Less: From that distance, it looked like I saw $3000 for the golf equipment. That wanted me to say Less for that. But seeing only $2000, I wasn't too confident to say Less now, but did it anyway.

Switch?: At the very beginning, I wanted to switch the prices before seeing the price for the arcade game. After seeing it now, I know now to leave them alone. But... you know what happened next.

It's in the Bag: I was done when Kevin picked the Polident for the $8,000 bag. I more upset at myself for putting that worthless Cortaid in one of those two bags.

"This show is feeling a little worthless with no wins so far..."

One Bid 5: Oh. Sophie looks like she belongs to one of the Barker Beauties. So beautiful.

Money Game: The win is great and wonderful, but I have got this feeling that there were some edits abound, especially after the 20 was picked. It sounded like Bob was saying "$20,..." exactly the same way. Then it just seemed weird after that.

Poker Game: Hmm, a pair of zeroes. What should I do??

Showcases: Boy, I was expecting a total inverse of the ARP results. I thought Kevin would be umder by so little and Pamela would overbid hers. Total reversal.
Then, when I found out Kevin overbid his, I thought we would have another dreaded Double Overbid.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.