Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/29/2007  (Read 11826 times)

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/29/2007
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 10:27:08 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6681

Showcase #1: Gwennie Digs Out of the Snow
Trip to Kauai - $5,761
Beachcomber Hot Tub - $4,495
Ford Ranger - $15,390

Showcase #2: Train Depot
Corsican Virginia Daybed/Loving Care Formfit - $2,839
Ragtime West Guitar - $8,950
Yamaha VX110 Waverunner - $8,998

Modeling Report Card for March 29, 2007
Score to beat:  $50,355

A score of $85,719 is what I call a REAL modeling total.  That is very good, Rachel!

That's 25 prizes, two groceries, and no furs worth $124,043.

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 11:05:07 PM »
I like more or less, but it seems as if a lot of contestants fall into the trap of pricing just one in a pair of prizes offered.  

In money game, the contestant fell for the old trick on guessing for first 2 digits, but saved face guessing 42.

As for the showcase, we've been coming quite close to double showcase winners lately.  Another guess that was less then $1000 away.

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 01:29:09 AM »
i will never get to see a more or less win on the show.  all i have ever seen are the losses.  maybe one of you nice dudes who makes video clips of the games can send me the clip of the only more or less win that i missed unfortunately by e-mail.  too bad you can't put it on youtube anymore.

peace out! :hammer:

tpir4ever76
I love the Drew Carey Laugh!  :lol: :hammer:

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 09:44:55 AM »
It's too bad Kevin got stuck with such a difficult It's In the Bag playing. He was clearly a frequent viewer, a really likable guy, and had a fun story about his dad's... viewing experience ("Shut up!").

Patsy was an interesting character, but the part of it I liked the best was Bob behind the "Race Game Curtain"; I always thought it was a solid piece of something like wood, I never knew it was literally like a curtain before Bob was touching it. But about Patsy: knowing the exact price of a group of weather equipment... that's pretty impressive.

Money Game seemed like a really difficult setup to me. It doesn't seem like they often split the first set of numbers across the 19/20 divide like they did; if 18 and 19 are both there, 20 doesn't look as "similar" and will likely get noticed later. Great playing of the game, but hard.

To repeat a question I was asked during the first showcase: "Why did they show Hawaii first?" If they're trying to 'build up' to the final prize, the trip was more expensive and likely more desirable than the following hot tub, so why did they reveal in that order?

Offline artful

• 10/17/2006
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 11:00:46 AM »
The old lady from the Flintsone's episode was Agatha Aggett, a retired school teacher. I thought the same thing when I saw Patsy.

The TODAY show did a "Price" segment this morning. They were at yesterday's show, when it was taped. Good shots of the line, and the processing area ourside the studio. Of course Patsy and Kevin easily stood out.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »
Pushover-What should have been an easy win turned into a EXTREMELY stupid loss.  $9000 for a TV??  The only one that looked right was $4298.

More or Less-It's MORE or LESS, not higher or lower!  Other than that, she was a hilarious contestant.  The golf clubs were the killer.

Switch?-I knew somehow he was going to overprice that motorcycle, and he did.  It sure looked tempting to switch, but I knew arcade games are pretty expensive.

It's in the Bag-That was a good decision to bail.  Tough on the last 2 GPs.  Kevin was a great contestant.

Money Game-Roger put the front and back near each other again today and a resulted in a win.  Nice job.

Poker Game-Nice and easy.

Showcases-That came down to the wire.  And a near DSW.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 05:22:53 PM »
Push: Pamela should've known better.

MoL: Patsy looked like a funny contestant and a biy crazy. I was hoping Bob was gonna bring out one of the models to protect him...but, oh well. Dob got his way thanks to those uber-expensive Golf Clubs.

Switch?: Bad decision.

IITB: I hope we see a $16K win before Bob goes out, too. For now, another $4K win.

Money: Lynsey finally brings us a good win.

Poker: Good decision.

Showcases: I bid $24K on that Ford Ranger showcase. Poor Kevin. Pamela redeems herself with another almost-DSW.

A 2.50 show.