Author Topic: model's wardrobe question/changes over the years  (Read 923 times)

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
model's wardrobe question/changes over the years
« on: February 16, 2017, 04:56:50 PM »
I have a question about the model's wardrobe, after looking at episodes of the price is right during the barker era, 70s, 80s, 90s and y2k. I noticed there would be a rotation with the model's wardrobe worn for that episode, sometimes they would wear a dress on one episode, and the next episode they would wear jump suits, or blouse with pants and a jacket (blazer, sport coats, etc.).

Is the outfits worn on current day price is right is dresses only or do they sometimes wear jump suits, or blouse with pants.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • That's right, I'm talking to you.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: model's wardrobe question/changes over the years
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:04:41 PM »
They wear what they feel like.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 06:48:49 PM »
One thing I'm curious about, is when did the Beauties all stop wearing identical outfits for each episode?

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • That's right, I'm talking to you.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:06:29 PM »
Season 39- the same time they started being miced.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Going Back in Time: The G-R Mantra
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 08:27:59 PM »
Season 39- the same time they were allowed to have personalities.

FTFY
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II)
G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JT

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 07:40:10 AM »
There have been a lot more changes over the years as fashions evolved.  After Janice's accident, the wardrobe had to change (more padded jackets/blazers) and in return, shorter skirts to show off her great legs.  The clothes were also more conservative in Barker's last decade.  In the past 6-7 years, the wardrobe has became much more glamorous (similar to what the models used to wear only on anniversary shows or primetime specials).  Just look at Rachel's wardrobe today vs. what she wore 10-12 years ago when she was the new kid on the block.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Going Back in Time: The G-R Mantra
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »
In the past 6-7 years, the wardrobe has became much more glamorous

I would attribute this to the uptick in designer accessories featured on the show as well.
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II)
G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!