Author Topic: FPG 2/17/17 - RESULTS  (Read 1841 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
FPG 2/17/17 - RESULTS
« on: February 17, 2017, 11:28:06 PM »
The FPG spreadsheet almost ended up on the 15-day DL due to a nasty run-in with the antivirus program. Thankfully, I was able to pursue rehab instead of reconstructive surgery, and our results are ready to go. But I don't know who will want them after they see this rundown...

One Away: solo pick, Schfifty gets 1/4 and $50,000
Side by Side: SANDBAG (for the second game in a row)
Race Game: five picks, only Schfifty and 985 get 4 MP from it
Let 'em Roll: solo pick, 985 gets 1/1 and $50,000
Safe Crackers: solo pick, priac gets 1/3 and $50,000
Secret "X": key game, Hag/priac/Sweeper/123^3 get $10,000 each

Only 12 hits over 21 people... not a very good batting average, but at least some people made a fair showing:

3. priac - 4/17 on three games - correct result on Race, also had X/Safe
2. PriceFan985 - 5/13 on two games - nailed Race, soloed Roll
1. Schfifty - 5/24 on two games - nailed Race, soloed OA

Congrats to Schfifty on picking up his first win of the season. It's not a pretty win, but you take what you can get. In fact, this game was so ugly... it's an OPRAH game! Only eight players scored, so everyone gets a Top 10!

The point scores are terrible, but everyone takes away at least a quarter mill in cash, so... silver linings? Anyway, Celebrity Charity Week next Friday, there's guaranteed to at least be some spoilers, so keep an eye on them for at least one free MP.

Addendum: Don't forget that you only get three non-car-for-car picks per season. Tanzerey used his third this week, making him the first player to run out.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FPG 2/17/17 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 11:31:13 PM »
...so, can EFFING SIDE be the new EFFING LINE?
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 11:32:08 PM »
Side by Side: SANDBAG (for the second game in a row)

Side by Side, die (Or never come back on Fridays). TPIRFan2000, I know you beat me to it, but still.

Also, would the NCFC picks carry over to the playoffs season, or would everyone each get one?
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 11:40:29 PM »
They carry on season-long, three to the whole season.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 12:12:55 AM »
Well, a win is a win nonetheless. Glad to get my first one of the season. :-)

And yeah, I don't think there's a solid reason why Side would show up instead of CoG, unless somebody just wanted to toy with us.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline Tanzerey8

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 12:54:01 AM »
Dang it, I knew I should have waited. Probably wouldn't have mattered as much since FPG and I can't get it together.  Ah well, there's next week.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 01:04:46 PM »
Great. Sand by Sand(bag) returns again, and of course this:

Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.