Author Topic: March 23, 1992  (Read 2120 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
March 23, 1992
« on: March 09, 2017, 10:02:40 AM »

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: March 23, 1992
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 07:35:52 AM »
Very serious hurry up mode by showcase time. Bob didn't even stop to comment that there was only a $4 difference between the winning and losing bids.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 12:00:38 AM »
It also featured the short-lived version of the strikes with the red X's and white chips that would revert back by May 1.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »
It also featured the short-lived version of the strikes with the red X's and white chips that would revert back by May 1.

I was actually searching for an episode with the alternate strike chips a few weeks ago to no avail. I did see on the calendar that the game was played on May 1, but as you said, by then the red chips were back. This means that the alternate chips were used twice at the most.

And geez, the Porsche cheating incident must have really scared the crap out of them because not only did they change the chips, they changed the bag (as Bob mentioned) so the contestant couldn't see in there as good, and the game went from being played almost every week to twice in two months (until May at least; then it went back to a more normal schedule).

Speaking of which, Mike really needs to schedule the game more often these days. I understand it's played for big prizes, but what he needs to do is shoot for at least three times a month. If the game is lost, no harm no foul. If it's won, wait a while before scheduling it again if it really took a toll on the budget; it's that simple. This should apply for all of the big games.

Everyone on the staff seems to take pride in the big flashy prizes nowadays, so I'm surprised they don't try to incorporate them in a more practical way.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!