Author Topic: 7861K - 03/20/17 Recap Thread  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
7861K - 03/20/17 Recap Thread
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:42:42 AM »
ONE AWAY - W (5:44.34)
SQUEEZE PLAY - W (2:53.59)
DANGER PRICE - W (4:09.91)
IT'S IN THE BAG - B ($2,000) (5:13.68)
DICE GAME - W (4:53.88)
DO THE MATH - W (3:02.79)
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: 7861K - 03/20/17 Recap Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:43:16 PM »
GREAT show today. Wonderful wins in Dice Game and One Away, and it was nice to have another episode without both types of fees.

This is the kind of episode to start off the Spring season. :D
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 03:33:00 PM »
Good Show today.
Wonder what happened at the end with the Reveal of Mark's Showcase, you don't see his Podium when Drew reads the ARP of his Showcase.

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 04:23:54 PM »
Oh hey, another show which CBS might call a perfect show!

Lineup was a better one for me. I like One Away+ Casher+Dice Game.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 04:32:40 PM »
What time does the show come on where you are Torgo that you're able to post the recap before 11am?

Great show, we were a Bag bailout away from a perfect one! Bag was pretty tough- the pancake mix looked like the best choice for the $4,000 bag, but it also looked like it might've been under $2. The cheese spread looked cheaper than it really was, I thought the pepperoni sticks would be in the last bag.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 05:23:56 PM »
What time does the show come on where you are Torgo that you're able to post the recap before 11am?
Well, there's two things causing this. The first is that the time for the site doesn't change when Daylight Savings Time occurs. So even though we've jumped ahead an hour, the site time has not. It was indeed at least 12pm when this thread was made. The second is that for some reason the site lost almost an extra 30 minutes somewhere along the line. Don't know where it went, but it certainly something that'll wreak minor havock on the forum games as they rely on deadlines. Something we'll just have to adjust to, but something that's weird. Not sure if Chelsea knows what's going on there.

tl;dr The site time is messed up, Torgo posted after 12pm.

Excellent show today. Interesting lineup. Not a huge fan of Bag 4th, but that's okay.

Tough setup in Bag, JayC, noted. I'm looking at the products and I'm thinking outside of the Ramen and Sunscreen, good luck with the pepperoni, Bisquick, and cheese spread.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 06:57:50 PM »
Site time is fixed now, fortunately.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 12:32:17 AM »
If only IITB had been won...that was the only letdown in a show jam-packed with highlights.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 07:28:47 PM »
Lots of really nice wins on this show. One Away interestingly had a base model (which meant the last digit was either going to be -0 or -5), but it also had a repeat 1 in the price. Wouldn't be surprised if they were to offer this in Lucky $even soon with that price...

Another full TT rotation shot in Squeeze Play! Always great to see that.

Danger Price was a bit more difficult than usual today - yes, scooters are usually around $3k on the show, but the pool tables that they usually offer (the Golden West ones) are in the high $3k range.

Surprised that the $2.19 bag came before the $7.99 bag in It's in the Bag - the latter seemed like a more obvious choice to me.

I'm guessing they wanted a loss in Dice Game - why else would they offer the $13k Versa in a game where you actually have to price it? (If you listened closely after she rolled the 3, you could hear Renee instantly blurt out "higher" before it was revealed to be correct.) Nice to see that backfire with some excellent luck at rolling (as with the last time they offered a Versa in Dice).

This was one of the rare lineups that I would have preferred in reverse - Bag is really awkward 4th. Having OA and Dice in the same lineup (two car games at the GPT that involve going higher or lower than a given number) also felt a bit strange.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 07:04:33 AM »
The One Away setup was probably an experimental reaction to the recent 1-horn wins. They REALLY didn't want that to happen again, so they made the car end in 5 :)

A show missing a fee game is not a hallmark of a good show. That being said, with the limited time they have to work with, I think they force both fees in sometimes, and I liked this lineup because it managed to pair Bag/OA (a rare pairing of two long games) and throw Danger in there as well. A good use of no SP game, which is the important thing.