Author Topic: Should Temptation have the background shopping music again?  (Read 706 times)

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Should Temptation have the background shopping music again?
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:18:38 PM »
I've been wondering about this lately - should Temptation go back to its tradition of using background music throughout the game from the prop reveal until the end of the prizes?

After recently watching a few episodes from Drew's first season, I actually kind of miss hearing the little music playing throughout that portion. It's one of the things the game is known for, and I don't see why it could really detract from anything. It sort of makes you feel like you're in a mall shopping for items, going from one store to the next, when the music plays throughout (plus, if it ever did come back, they could still use modern cues to stick with the times).

Personally, it would be nice for the background music to play again, as it's a tradition the game hasn't had for several years now. Anybody else think it could return, or not?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:21:25 PM by Schfifty »
I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.  Johnny Depp

My favorite pricing games: Switcheroo, Card Game, Hit Me, Dice Game, Cover Up, Bullseye ('76), Magic #, Pathfinder, Let 'em Roll, Secret X, Clock Game, and Line 'em Up.

Correctly predicted games in FPG: Stack the Deck, Lucky $even (3), Switch? (2), Punch-a-Bunch, Plinko (4), Bullseye, Freeze Frame, Balance Game, Danger Price, Cover Up (4), Double Cross (3), Pass the Buck, It's in the Bag, Swap Meet, Rat Race (2), Bargain Game, Grand Game (2), Dice Game, 1 Right Price (2), Double Prices, Squeeze Play, Card Game, Gas Money, Coming or Going (2), That's Too Much!, 3 Strikes, Pocket Change, More or Less, Race Game

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Should Temptation have the background shopping music again?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 11:26:19 PM »
I absolutely agree with that! To have dead silence in between the presentation of the prizes is just jarring.

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 05:02:38 PM »
Yes, they should bring back the background shopping music in Temptation, Plinko, shell game, bonus game, and punch-a-bunch.

Offline mechamind

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Mechamind Boards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »
^ Not the same thing. In Temptation, you know the prices of the small prizes (or the value of the "cash aquarium") already, and maybe you're constantly thinking about the price of the car.

In the other games, you just think about the SP prices briefly before a luck-based trial begins.