Author Topic: RPG 3/23/17 - CANCELLED  (Read 1782 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
RPG 3/23/17 - CANCELLED
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:21:45 PM »
Sorry, sports fans, but Friday got spoiled out long, long ago. So we're just going to have to play on Thursday instead. At least we know four games from Friday (maybe more if they post more spoilers later), so it's not all bad news.

Just to give you a heads-up, I will be out most of the evening Thursday and Friday. With Thursday being a work night, that means I may not have time to get results up between the time I make it in and the time I have to sack out. If you don't see results Thursday, relax, I'll do my best to get them to you Friday evening. Anyway, on with the predicting - may the odds be more in your favor than they were with your brackets.  :oldlol:

========================

SPOILERS: None we know of for Thursday, but check the spoilers thread to learn about Friday's games.

THIS WEEK'S LINEUPS (highlight to view):
#7861K (Monday): OA/Squeeze/Danger/Bag/Dice/Math
#7862K (Tuesday): Rent/Push/Money/X/Switch/Card
#7863K (Wednesday): TBD (to be added later)
#7864K (Thursday): YOU ARE HERE
#7865K (Friday): SPOILED OUT (check spoilers thread to see 4 revealed games)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:34:42 PM by whammy007 »

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A recapper on fire!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: RPG 3/23/17 - The $156K+ March Sadness Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:55:16 AM »
Looks like CSS might not be the only game affected by technical difficulties? At least for me, it said the hosting account for G-R was suspended for about 22 hours, still down at 10 AM ET on game day.

If it affected everyone else, I would hope that almost everyone submitted before 1 PM Wednesday, when I first noticed the suspension.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: RPG 3/23/17 - The $156K+ March Sadness Edition
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:38:04 PM »
Looks like CSS might not be the only game affected by technical difficulties? At least for me, it said the hosting account for G-R was suspended for about 22 hours, still down at 10 AM ET on game day.

If it affected everyone else, I would hope that almost everyone submitted before 1 PM Wednesday, when I first noticed the suspension.

Honestly, I doubt it. I PMed my RPG lineup on Buy A Vowel, and whammy007 essentially said that unless the website got fixed right after my submission, this one was dead.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
Re: RPG 3/23/17 - CANCELLED
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 11:40:07 PM »
So yeah, that was a thing. Obviously, site outage prevented anything from being sent, so it wouldn't be fair to have an RPG today.

We also got some schedule shuffles in the mix too. College Rivals, which was set for tomorrow, is now next Friday, while 7874K bumps up to tomorrow's slot. That means we'll see the last 787X show on Thursday the 30th and will play RPG then instead. The pot for these four shows, doubling Thursday as the high production number (the Rivals show still won't air till after the 3/30 game), would have been $415,288 so we'll put $207,644 on each of the next two games.

See you next week, when we try it all again...