Author Topic: Match Game '77: "School Riot".  (Read 599 times)

Offline david1964

• In the Audience
Match Game '77: "School Riot".
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:58:13 PM »
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the famous or infamous Match Game '77, school riot episode.  While the week of shows didn't happen for another month or so in 1977, GSN, is currently showing that week this week.  I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened yet, (maybe tomorrow, Wed., or possibly Thursday.  since they're showing back to back episodes.).  I often wonder about the contestant Craig, (can't make out his last name), who gave that answer.  Like what is he up to these days 40 years later?  Is he still alive?  My gosh, he would have to be least in his 70's by now.  I mean what a legacy to have, on being on one of the most talked about episodes ever on Match Game, or any game show in general.  I would love to know how often it would come up in conversation with his family or friends, or even complete strangers.  What a start up conversation.  It would have been cool, maybe to see him on YouTube, talking about it.  Can somebody tell me his last name?  Thanks. 

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• In Contestant's Row
  • Remembering when the Zero Rule didn't exist
Re: Match Game '77: "School Riot".
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 11:30:19 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_94WoKJq53k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_94WoKJq53k</a>
I am very bad at hearing names. Craig "Tipoff" is what it sounds like to me, at 5:29 is when Gene says his name. Can someone with better ears make it out?
My favorite game is Clock Game and my least favorite is Switcheroo, because reasons.

Reminding you about 1932... when Richard Dawson was born. I will remember $19.32, even after he Checked-Out. Feud will never be the same without you.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
Re: Match Game '77: "School Riot".
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 06:53:26 PM »
Sounds like Dettloff or Dittloff to me. It's more clear at the end of the game when he's being spun off stage. Gene's clearly pronouncing a "D" sound.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place