Author Topic: 7892K - 04/04/17 Recap Thread (Socially Awesome Week III - Twitter Tuesday)  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TEMPTATION - L (5:16.66)
SQUEEZE PLAY - L (2:48.74)
MOST EXPENSIVE - W (3:14.70)
POCKET CHANGE - L (5:35.22)
FLIP FLOP - W (2:45.87)
BONUS GAME - W (4:37.40)

Today's show featured the winner of the Tweet for a Seat competition.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
A busy work night has kept from posting timely.

Such scintillating conversation. I see they flew me out for a great show.

For those who didn't know, I was the other Tweet for a Seat winner out in the audience (832752165005320192[/tweet]]here's my entry). They flew me out the day before the taping and put me and Krystal, up in the Farmer's Daughter. I had never been to Los Angeles (I had never even been west of Maryland in the continental US), so this was a real treat. Tristan (OneBidTris here on the site) accompanied me to the show since he lives out in California.

The show pretty much played out as you saw it. Some decision time was cut in in the games, nothing out of the ordinary, Temptation most notably.

I spent a lot of the breaks trying to peek and see what props and games they were hiding behind the curtains and doors and during the break between Games 5 and 6, I was trying to figure out what prop with a giant base they could hide behind a curtain. It him hit me that it was the quad cove (which is really loud, by the way. Sounds like a garage door.) and I got really excited, as this was during Shell Game's absence from the show. While I wasn't disappointed when Bonus rolled around, I deflated a bit. Not deflated enough though to lose energy. If you listen just before the reveal of the win in Bonus Game, you'll hear me.

The show wasn't much to write home about when looking at the meat of it, but it was an amazing experience. It didn't end with the credits either! After the show, I had to stick around in the studio because A.) They had to hold my backpack since check-out at the hotel was at 11am and we'd be there until 2pm and B.) Krystal and I were interviewed by the website tubefilter.com for potential inclusion in an article. In the end, I did get to walk up on stage anyway for the interview and I was surprised I kept myself jumping around like a schoolgirl. I was standing next to home base and I had to try so hard not to touch it as to not draw their ire. After that, it was another two hours until I had to even begin to make my way to the airport. The plan was for me to stick around and watch a rehearsal for the afternoon taping, but for some unknown reason, they closed the rehearsal.

They gave me a choice and I decided to eat lunch at the CBS Commissary. There was surprisingly no vending machine. Drew has been lying to us. Tris, a copy writer for the show, and myself sat around and talked for a while. After about an hour, she had to leave and a PA sat with us and we talked some more. We then made our way across the lot to the Artist's Entrance. We got a pretty cool backstage tour walking past Studios 41, 43, 31 and 33. Didn't see any cast members of the shows that film in those studios unfortunately. We did see a few of the car backdrops, three cars for the following taping, as well as 1 Right Price, 10 Chances, and Secret "X". As we exited the backstage area we saw something odd in the Survivor Punch-A-Bunch distribution sign affixed to the back of something. I wish I could've taken pictures to provide to the Golden Gallery, but she asked that we not take any...more after the few we started snapping and to not share them. We hung out a bit more at the lobby to the Artist's Entrance and in the main lobby of TVC until Tris left which shortly after my ride arrived to take me to the airport. When I say this exceeded every expectation I could've possible had, I mean it.

While I wasn't called down, it was simply such a thrill to finally go to Price, a show I've wanted to see since childhood. It was also great to finally go out to LA, where I have family, and visit them for a bit and walk around the area surrounding the studio. It was an amazing, amazing experience and I thank the show so much for choosing me.

I'd also like to thank Tris for coming up and joining me at the show. Knowing that I definitely had a shot of being called down really did make me nervous and having someone who has been to the show before really did help ease me as we went through the processing. It really did help to also have someone next to me that I could really talk to about everything as the show went on.

9/10 (hey, I didn't get called), would recommend.

(wanted one with the doors in the background, but they had begun bringing out some prizes for rehearsal and wouldn't let us)
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
Thank you JJ for that great report. The Price is Right is always better with friends, not only because you have someone to root on, but also because you get to share an experience and you don't have to wait all that time to discuss the show with someone. Sorry it wasn't the most exciting show, but I know that the trip was a dream come true and the surrounding parts more than made up for it.

I can't add too much to what's already been said, but it's surreal being on that stage and it was cool to go behind the scenes and go backstage.

Congratulations on being a finalist for the Tweet for a Seat contest and allowing me to join you on this adventure.  It was an amazing time being at the show with a fan and a friend and I hope you can make it out here again.