Author Topic: my autobiography is published--love of Price featured  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
my autobiography is published--love of Price featured
« on: June 09, 2017, 11:59:52 AM »
To the members of the Golden-Road.net message board, I have now published my autobiography, Welcome Back to Saturday Morning:  An Autobiography of a Life in Autism.  Below you'll find the preliminary link from CreateSpace's eStore; it should be on Amazon within the next few days as well.  I mention my love of Price a few times in it, go into detail of my one taping appearance to date (for the 6/8/2004 show), and in two of my inter-chapter "commercial breaks" count down first my 25 favorite game shows of all (and with Price my top 10 pricing games) and then my 5 favorite children's game shows.  Enjoy if you choose: 

https://www.createspace.com/7128432

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: my autobiography is published--love of Price featured
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 12:09:30 PM »
$20 for this?
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 12:34:40 PM »
$20 for this?

And once again, the snark that is the cornerstone of this site, rears its ugly head
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 05:36:24 PM »
$20 for this?

Seriously, what has gotten into you?
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 05:59:22 PM »
Exactly. Why not show at least a bit of appreciation? It's a sin when I read comments like this. As someone who is affected by autism, this makes me angry.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 06:02:59 PM by wink87 »

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 08:30:29 PM »
$20 for this?
Precisely what are you trying to say here?
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 09:09:12 PM »
$20 for this?

I concur with everyone else here. That was way out of line.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 09:21:58 PM »
It's a fair question especially when you consider this is basically advertising, autobiography or not, given it literally came out today.

Also think the price tag thing has zippo to do with autism, as much as it does with the relative price tag. Kind of amusing for a forum devoted to a game show that is all about the prices of things is taking issue with an honest to goodness price point question/discussion, wouldn't you say? ;)
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 09:30:03 PM »
I merely wanted to confirm the price point because sometimes I know third-party retailers such as Amazon and iTunes will mark up the price the creator originally intended in order to net a profit. But no, let's all jump on the Hating Torgo Bandwagon again.

Anyone that thinks that remark was anti-autism needs a reality check.

Although, if I had to offer one piece of criticism against this book...

Join Chris Fulmer on a trek from the past through the present, one that may seem mundane, but which is also magical at the same time.
Dude, don't call your own book "boring" in its description.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 10:04:41 PM »
Well guys, you got him. Torgo's a amen monster. He lives in a cave and drinks the blood of children. You've finally blown his cover that he simply isn't a human being because, by golly, he's shown you everything you need to know about him. Please, continue to judge him the way you think he's judging Superballer.

I took it as a joke. Why? Because $20 sounds like too much for ANY book that isn't printed in gold leaf. And I get it. It's the state of the entire book industry and self-published ain't going to be cheap. Even more reason why I didn't read it the way some of you did. But I must be an anti-autism monster as well. Oh well.

And once again, the snark that is the cornerstone of this site, rears its ugly head

No. The cornerstone of this site is commenting on The Price Is Right. And then the other cornerstone is having members of said site then say people shouldn't criticize the show.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 10:55:03 PM »
The last book I bought was from a well-known author for $15. Exactly why would I want to pay $5 more from someone who is, with all due respect, relatively unknown?

Also, do you have the permissions to use that image on the cover?

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 05:30:50 AM »
I merely wanted to confirm the price point because sometimes I know third-party retailers such as Amazon and iTunes will mark up the price the creator originally intended in order to net a profit
A fair point, but you perhaps could have worded your initial response to that effect, asking if $20 was his intended price rather than a retailer-boosted one.

As it stands, some read your comment as if it had emphasis on "$20" and/or "this".
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:44:29 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.