Author Topic: What has your home state contributed to TPIR?  (Read 2969 times)

Offline silverice878

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Broadcasting in digital.
What has your home state contributed to TPIR?
« on: April 14, 2017, 03:57:45 PM »
For North Carolina (my home state), we've given TPIR Carson's Of High Point, Thomasville, Broyhill, Bemco, Carolina Chair and Hatteras Hammocks. I'm curious as to products/prizes that your home state has had offered on TPIR?
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Offline GR_Man_9009

• In Contestant's Row
  • Harry Potter Rules
    • My Facebook Page
Re: What has your home state contributed to TPIR?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 04:28:41 PM »
I'm from New Hampshire, so probably nothing
Harry Potter Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 05:16:43 PM »
My home state is New York, but I'm from Buffalo. My hometown area alone has given TPiR Mazia's Pizza and trips to Niagara Falls.

EDIT: I see that a trip to Rochester (Lake Ontario) was a prize in Do the Math this season: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/articles/19202063/price_is_right_contestant_wins_5-night_vacation_to_rochester_video.amp
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:29:09 AM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQ_RRwCfhY )

Online SamJ93

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 05:31:08 PM »
Pennsylvania: various trips to Philadelphia over the years, of course...but more importantly original TPiR host Bill Cullen, who was born in Pittsburgh (which is also my hometown).

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 06:00:18 PM »
From my home state of Maine, I've seen Old Town canoes offered before.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 06:14:17 PM »
Wisconsin - Ashley Furniture, plus I'm sure there have been a few Harleys and AMC automobiles.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 08:03:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure my state of Pennsylvania has also offered vacations to the Poconos over the years as well. 

Offline silverice878

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 08:27:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure my state of Pennsylvania has also offered vacations to the Poconos over the years as well.

I think they offer Poconos trips semi-frequently. Or at least they did in the not-too-distant past.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »
Long Island which has offered trips to the Hamptons.

Online JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »
I'm from New Jersey- I believe a trip to Atlantic City has been offered on the show in the past, the Campbell's Soup headquarters is in NJ, and of course the set uses uses a ton of light bulbs!

Offline tpiradam

• Double Showcase Winner
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 10:39:19 PM »
Leda Furniture in Toronto offered furniture such as dinettes, cabinets and home entertainment centres in the 90s

Offline DRPrice

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 11:18:07 PM »
     I think I saw a shopping trip to the Mall of America not too long ago (I'm from Minnesota).

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • 18-25 and female? Target demographic GET!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 11:30:53 PM »
RI has had a few trips to it over the years, with one last season to Providence. There's been some to Newport in the long past if memory serves, nice place for its lovely 'summer cottages' (mansions), and Tennis HOF. What better to go with your trips than American Tourister luggage? RI as well. Games don't show up as much as they used to for prizes, but Hasbro has HQ here, so there's that for the non-trip department. But hey, you think RI, we're the Ocean State, so surely something on that front, right? Yep, that'd be the WaterRower company for WaterRowers, which don't show up often, granted, but I know they've been offered in the past few seasons.

By those employed by the show, in a historic sense? We're also the home state of one Claudia Jordan.
“Each mistake teaches you something new about yourself. There is no failure, remember, except in no longer trying. It is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Chris Bradford, The Way of the Sword

---

“It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt, Looking Forward

---

♫♫I don't care, go on and tear me apart/I don't care if you do, ooh♫♫

~Jessica

Offline silverice878

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 06:53:42 AM »
RI has had a few trips to it over the years, with one last season to Providence. There's been some to Newport in the long past if memory serves, nice place for its lovely 'summer cottages' (mansions), and Tennis HOF. What better to go with your trips than American Tourister luggage? RI as well. Games don't show up as much as they used to for prizes, but Hasbro has HQ here, so there's that for the non-trip department. But hey, you think RI, we're the Ocean State, so surely something on that front, right? Yep, that'd be the WaterRower company for WaterRowers, which don't show up often, granted, but I know they've been offered in the past few seasons.

By those employed by the show, in a historic sense? We're also the home state of one Claudia Jordan.

Did they ever offer trips to the NFF?

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 09:56:21 AM »
I'm pretty sure Smith Brothers of Berne furniture has been offered.

Indiana.

(I think one of the NCAA Final Four packs was for Indianapolis too...)
Glad they aren't my council-people.