Author Topic: What has your home state contributed to TPIR?  (Read 9600 times)

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
What has your home state contributed to TPIR?
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:57:45 PM »
For North Carolina (my home state), we've given TPIR Carson's Of High Point, Thomasville, Broyhill, Bemco, Carolina Chair and Hatteras Hammocks. I'm curious as to products/prizes that your home state has had offered on TPIR?
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
Re: What has your home state contributed to TPIR?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 05:28:41 PM »
I'm from New Hampshire, so probably nothing
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »
My home state is New York, but I'm from Buffalo. My hometown area alone has given TPiR Mazia's Pizza and trips to Niagara Falls.

EDIT: I see that a trip to Rochester (Lake Ontario) was a prize in Do the Math this season: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/articles/19202063/price_is_right_contestant_wins_5-night_vacation_to_rochester_video.amp
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 04:29:09 AM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 06:31:08 PM »
Pennsylvania: various trips to Philadelphia over the years, of course...but more importantly original TPiR host Bill Cullen, who was born in Pittsburgh (which is also my hometown).

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 07:00:18 PM »
From my home state of Maine, I've seen Old Town canoes offered before.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 07:14:17 PM »
Wisconsin - Ashley Furniture, plus I'm sure there have been a few Harleys and AMC automobiles.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 09:03:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure my state of Pennsylvania has also offered vacations to the Poconos over the years as well. 

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 09:27:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure my state of Pennsylvania has also offered vacations to the Poconos over the years as well.

I think they offer Poconos trips semi-frequently. Or at least they did in the not-too-distant past.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 10:12:04 PM »
Long Island which has offered trips to the Hamptons.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 11:01:07 PM »
I'm from New Jersey- I believe a trip to Atlantic City has been offered on the show in the past, the Campbell's Soup headquarters is in NJ, and of course the set uses uses a ton of light bulbs!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 11:39:19 PM »
Leda Furniture in Toronto offered furniture such as dinettes, cabinets and home entertainment centres in the 90s

Offline DRPrice

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 12:18:07 AM »
     I think I saw a shopping trip to the Mall of America not too long ago (I'm from Minnesota).

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 12:30:53 AM »
RI has had a few trips to it over the years, with one last season to Providence. There's been some to Newport in the long past if memory serves, nice place for its lovely 'summer cottages' (mansions), and Tennis HOF. What better to go with your trips than American Tourister luggage? RI as well. Games don't show up as much as they used to for prizes, but Hasbro has HQ here, so there's that for the non-trip department. But hey, you think RI, we're the Ocean State, so surely something on that front, right? Yep, that'd be the WaterRower company for WaterRowers, which don't show up often, granted, but I know they've been offered in the past few seasons.

By those employed by the show, in a historic sense? We're also the home state of one Claudia Jordan.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 07:53:42 AM »
RI has had a few trips to it over the years, with one last season to Providence. There's been some to Newport in the long past if memory serves, nice place for its lovely 'summer cottages' (mansions), and Tennis HOF. What better to go with your trips than American Tourister luggage? RI as well. Games don't show up as much as they used to for prizes, but Hasbro has HQ here, so there's that for the non-trip department. But hey, you think RI, we're the Ocean State, so surely something on that front, right? Yep, that'd be the WaterRower company for WaterRowers, which don't show up often, granted, but I know they've been offered in the past few seasons.

By those employed by the show, in a historic sense? We're also the home state of one Claudia Jordan.

Did they ever offer trips to the NFF?

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 10:56:21 AM »
I'm pretty sure Smith Brothers of Berne furniture has been offered.

Indiana.

(I think one of the NCAA Final Four packs was for Indianapolis too...)
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP