Author Topic: Future Cover Up idea for the bottom of the board  (Read 1486 times)

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
Future Cover Up idea for the bottom of the board
« on: April 21, 2017, 12:30:37 PM »
Not sure if this has been done already but if not, for the starting images at the bottom of the Cover Up game board, I'd suggest seeing images of the hosts in chronological order from left to right (Cullen, Barker, James, Davidson, Carey).

Offline SamJ93

Re: Future Cover Up idea for the bottom of the board
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 01:33:59 PM »
Not a bad idea for a season premiere, but I imagine that most people would be scratching their heads upon seeing James, as well as saying "When the heck did that guy from Young & the Restless ever host TPiR?"

A more "mainstream" way to do it might be: Cullen, dark-haired Barker, white-haired Barker, pre-weight-loss Drew, current Drew.

Offline supersaver87

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 05:16:56 PM »
If only there were six slots, then we could add Tom Kennedy!

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 08:10:36 PM »
Or maybe we could try to not remind them the Davidson version of the show ever existed.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Going Back in Time: The G-R Mantra
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 08:41:43 PM »
Not a bad idea for a season premiere, but I imagine that most people would be scratching their heads upon seeing James, as well as saying "When the heck did that guy from Young & the Restless ever host TPiR?"

To the OP's credit, that did not stop the show from busting out Salmon P. Chase for Cover Up.
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II)
G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 09:42:12 PM »
A more "mainstream" way to do it might be: Cullen, dark-haired Barker, white-haired Barker, pre-weight-loss Drew, current Drew.
This would be cool and I could see them doing it if they were to do a show that serves as a 45th anniversary special. I could also see having all five pictures be of Drew with his different looks standing in front of the different turntables or doors at the start of next season to celebrate his 10th season.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 11:02:41 PM »
I just thought up this idea...

Have the show's five best-known logos on the bottom: Cullen NBC, Cullen ABC, Barker with all-white text, Barker with red and yellow text, and the current incarnation.

As for the OP, I would've done Cullen, Barker, James, Kennedy, Carey.

Offline PayingTheRent

• Glory days.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 11:23:19 PM »
Perhaps use international hosts as a nod to the foreign versions of the show?

Or numbers. Numbers are cool, too. ;)
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

Offline greg

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 06:06:53 AM »
Oh yes! Numbers!  Then they could "Cover Up" the wrong numbers with the right numbers to win the car!

Offline dmaingame

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »
I like Cullen, Dark Haired Barker, White Haired Barker, Season 36 Drew, Current Drew....As for Dennis James, I suspect 85% of fans under age 45 wouldn't remember his Nighttime Price is Right.  Doug Davidson's Price is Right only aired in select markets for about 6 months in 1994-95 and until I started looking at TPIR fan sites had no idea it even existed. Same with Tom Kennedy, who was better known for Password Plus, Whew!, and Body Language. Tom's Price is Right IIRC also wasn't picked up by all local affiliates and aired at irregular times (12:30am, 4:30pm, etc) My vote goes to Johnny Olson or Rod Roddy's picture in the 6th slot for a $100,000+ car...

Offline PayingTheRent

• Glory days.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 11:50:49 AM »
Oh yes! Numbers!  Then they could "Cover Up" the wrong numbers with the right numbers to win the car!

It's a radical concept but it just might work!

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Going Back in Time: The G-R Mantra
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 01:07:36 PM »
It's a radical concept but it just might work!

We get it.
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II)
G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PayingTheRent

• Glory days.
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 01:28:29 PM »
We get it.

It's OK to poke fun at stuff every once in a while, even on topics that have been brought up time and again. Not everything has to be so stiff around here.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:53:15 PM by PayingTheRent »

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I can't.
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 10:00:43 PM »
What about different representations of the concept of "up"?  Like a computer arrow key, the Pixar movie, an elevator button, UP magazine, the word "Up" from Step Up, etc.  Then you'd literally be covering up.

The actual retail price is...

Offline bonkers77

• In the Audience
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 10:49:49 AM »
I want old number!