Author Topic: TPIR Dreams  (Read 2605 times)

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
TPIR Dreams
« on: April 11, 2017, 10:03:29 PM »
Could be an interesting and fun topic / thread given lots of LFATs here. Btw, I'm talking about real dreams we have when we're asleep, as opposed to the wishful type.

I'll start:
A lot of this won't make sense bc it's a dream after all.
I was somewhere in Cali (very rural area).  I had heard (prob via a post here yesterday) that they weren't filling up the studio audiences.  I decided to rush to CBS TVCity to see if I could make a taping.  I lost my way, and somehow ended up in a 7-11 type parking lot and went inside to either buy something or ask directions. Nobody had directions.

When I came outside a big luxury-type car (Lincoln , Caddy, etc) was parked right next to me, so close in fact I couldn't get in my car, and there were a few people in there.  As I went to tell them to move so I could get in my car and head out, I realized it was none other than a very old Barker sitting in the back seat. The others in the car were caretakers.

For some reason my car was inoperable.  So they told me to hop in and they'd give me a ride.  As frustrating dreams go, Bob (who had apparently moved to some dusty rural area) couldn't remember the way. But the car had GPS.  I kept trying to enter the TV City address, but I was now driving and we kept hitting bumps.  The was real fast and instead of a steering wheel it had reigns like you would find on a horse, so I kept nearly losing control.

We ended up stopping to ask directions.  Apparently I left the car in gear and it rolled thru a window and down a hill.  Totaled .  Bob and the others had gotten out with me so they were ok.

Never made it to the studio.

Frustrating to say the least.  Weird I know but I'm sure others on this site have had strange TPIR dreams.   Share.

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: TPIR Dreams
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:28:07 AM »
I've had a number over the years. This one happened about two days ago.

I dreamt an old lady was playing 3 Strikes, which had just got a makeover. It looked identical to the old set, but the windows were now red instead of green. They used the red frame that the Davidson version used to signify where the contestant thought the number went. And instead of fading in, the correct numbers slid in from the bottom of the window. The font was different too...close to the one 3 Strikes uses, but not exactly.

Sadly, I woke up before the "game" was over, so I'll never know if she won her car.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:12:51 AM »
I had a very short dream about TPIR years ago, that somehow I still remember. It was of a contestant playing a game at the Big Doors and after he had won, he excitedly started to do the ticket plug spiel immediately afterwards.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:10:04 AM »
A while back, I dreamed I was in the audience for an episode where the Muppets had taken over the show.  Kermit and Guy Smiley co-hosted, Doc and Sprocket announced, and we got teams of: 

RED:  Fozzie, Grover, Cookie, Gobo
BLUE:  Gonzo, Oscar, Telly, Mokey
YELLOW:  Piggy, Big Bird, Count, Red
GREEN:  Scooter, Ernie, Bert, Wembley, Boober 

Highlights included the Count wasting all 30 seconds of Clock Game counting down the seconds, Oscar shoving all the Bump buses off the platform and breaking them, saying he preferred it better that way, and Cookie eating everything in sight. 

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 12:00:16 PM »
I remember dreaming a while back before it actually happened earlier this season that Golden Road was played 2nd after a show started with Flip Flop as the first game. I remember going to GR.net and reading the recap thread in the dream and seeing everyone commenting about Roger really messing with us now slotting the game outside of 1st (the dream was from when Roger was still producing).

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 08:18:03 PM »
I had a dream once that a man had won his showcase, and for some reason, they had brought everything he'd done back out: Game, prizes, everything. The man looked at it, sat on the floor next to door 2 and commenced to weeping, to which Bob sat down next to him and done the same. It was a rather weird dream.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 11:32:01 PM »
I remember dreaming a while back before it actually happened earlier this season that Golden Road was played 2nd after a show started with Flip Flop as the first game. I remember going to GR.net and reading the recap thread in the dream and seeing everyone commenting about Roger really messing with us now slotting the game outside of 1st (the dream was from when Roger was still producing).
You could've said the same thing about Triple Play, because that was always played first back when Roger was the man in charge.

Another fantastic dream I had was with Safe Crackers being played, and when Drew asked the model to swing the door back, it happened to reveal not only the prizes, but Bob himself! He came out of the safe and co-hosted with Drew, and the two men took turns handling different parts of the game, with one explaining the dials to the contestant, and the other holding the price envelope. The contestant won, and proceeded to bear-hug both Bob and Drew at the same time, after which Drew remarked to Bob: "Now I know what it's like to be you!" Bob just laughed, and then they threw to commercial together.

Offline holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 11:44:27 PM »
A long time ago, I had a dream where I was watching an MDS. I only remember two details.

1. 3 Strikes was played, not for a car but for a motorhome. The models drove it out onstage like they do in Lucky Seven and it was behind the game board for the whole playing. The girl playing it unfortunately struck out.
2. An old lady played Grand Game for either $70,000 or $80,000 (memory is kinda hazy on that) and won.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:50:21 PM by holein1isawesome »

Offline Sizeman

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 08:06:00 AM »
Highlights included the Count wasting all 30 seconds of Clock Game counting down the seconds,
Wonder if you've ever seen this in your past:

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 11:41:01 AM »
Boy, have I had my share of dreams where I was either in the airport or at the 33. My recent one had me in CR already giving a bid of 700 for a prize and banging my fist because I knew I had a perfect bid. And it happened: I got my $500 and was on stage. Then Drew said what I could win and Door 1 opened to the Grand Game cue to a new car. I didn't get it at first but then saw the Triple Play sign.
But this was a totally different Triple Play. I only saw the first car and played for that first with three prices. I took over Drew's job by explaining what to do exactly how Bob would and picked the correct price because I was able to see a YES under the price. Then I moved to Door 3 for the second car and had to answer two trivia questions based on the car. I was able to answer the questions correctly but then everything stopped. The game stopped, taping stopped, everything was at a halt. I had to wait for a lunch break. Now I'm walking around TV City trying to make sure my game will resume.
The dream ended when I was about to give an answer.
I know I'll get some more dreams in the future.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.