Author Topic: Alex Trebek, Pat Sajak, & Vanna White reupped until 2020  (Read 3342 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
Alex Trebek, Pat Sajak, & Vanna White reupped until 2020
« on: May 02, 2017, 02:17:06 PM »
Alex, Pat, & Vanna have all renewed their contracts keeping them with their respective shows until 2020.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/wheel-of-fortune-jeopardy-renewed-2020-pat-sajak-vanna-white-alex-trebek-1202081629/

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: Alex Trebek, Pat Sajak, & Vanna White reupped until 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 03:04:18 PM »
During this time, Pat and Alex will beat Bob Barker's record for hosting the same game show, too (35 seasons). Best of luck to all of them.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »
Enjoy the time you have with them. Like Bob, you'll have new hosts (or the show will fold) before you know it. Intellectually, I know all of them aren't a big part of my life, but they're a part of my life that's been there (almost) the entire time. There's a sense of security and nostalgia they bring that you can't get back once they hang 'em up.

So great news that they're going longer, I thought they were all retiring soon.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 04:35:43 PM »
We know the two shows will have different hosts and a different letter turner (toucher) some day, but there's no use thinking about it now. Enjoy watching with Pat, Vanna, and Alex while they're still the hosts.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 10:47:39 AM »
Good for them! By this time, Pat and Vanna will have been the WOF hosts for 37 years (39 for Pat if you count the NBC run), Alex will have hosted Jeopardy! for 36, and Steve Harvey will tie Richard Dawson for most seasons as Family Feud host, with 10. To continuity, indeed! :mrgreen:

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 02:52:05 PM »
I would never want to retire if I was Pat and Vanna, getting to go on cruises/trips to film promos what a hard life. And having to film maybe a week or 2 a month? Count me in for life

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 02:44:11 PM »
Thought I read something a while back that Trebek was eyeing retirement around this time. Guess he had a change of heart.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »
I had been an occasional viewer of Jeopardy over the years but much more regular the last 2 years.  It seems that this season Alex seems to be having a lot more fun than he did last year.  Not sure why but he just seems more jovial.  That may have had something to do with it.  I'd be curious if others have the same observation.

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
  • AKA The One Who No One Gets
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 05:10:31 AM »
Sorry to bump this, but I just thought I'd mention how coincidental it is that a lot of people who work with CBS Television Distribution are getting renewed through 2020. Alex, Pat, Vanna, Dr. Phil, and Judge Judy among others.
You're going to play PLINKOOOOOOOOOOOOO! For a chance to win up to fifty THOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND dollars!