Author Topic: What was your immediate/first reaction when you saw Drew's 2010 weight loss?  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
  • AKA The One Who No One Gets
Those who watched the Season 39 premiere when it aired obviously noticed Drew's massive weight loss. What was your reaction when you saw it, and what did you think of Drew?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:55:44 PM by Plinkomatic »
You're going to play PLINKOOOOOOOOOOOOO! For a chance to win up to fifty THOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND dollars!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
As much as it defined him, it was definitely a step in the right direction for him regarding his health. What's also impressive is he's been keeping it off for almost seven years. Good for him!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
When I first saw a picture of him after the weight loss I was floored. I couldn't believe it was him and how good he looked. Being fat along with the think black glasses was a big part of who he was as a performer, but obviously he looks much better thin and with nicer looking glasses.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
He better keep it that way. Lol.

Offline DYC

• Walking the Golden Road
My recollection of the timing of Drew's weight loss is directly tied to how dramatic his improvement in performing and hosting the show evolved around Seasons 38 and 39. You could tell he felt better and more confident as he found his new look, along with signs that he was really getting settled in and comfortable with the show itself. I myself find Season 36 cringeworthy, but re-imaging himself, I think, played a large (no pun intended) part in helping him find his particular style and branding as Host of TPIR.

Oh, but my immediate reaction was..  8-O . But in a good way.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:52:33 AM by DYC »

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin
I said "Whoa."

I first saw his slimmer body in a preview video for the (at the time) upcoming season. It was a playing of Plinko. He did ballerina-like moves if I remember correctly just adding on to his weight loss (as it's something that he wouldn't have done during seasons 36-38).

Pretty much went from the "beer drinkin' Ohio"-Drew to the "California go green"-Drew. :lol:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:48:45 PM by BD »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
He did ballerina-like moves if I remember correctly just adding on to his weight loss (as it's something that he wouldn't have done during seasons 36-38).

I distinctly remember his entrance on Friday of Christmas week of Season 37 involving a pirouette.

(I distinctly remember it because someone in the community who I respect told me they sat down to watch the show that morning, saw Drew's entrance, and immediately shut it off.  Ironically, the rest of the episode was really good.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
I thought, "Damn!" It was so freaking weird seeing Drew thin. But it reminded me of something I'd seen in a tabloid magazine in the grocery store about a year or so before he lost the weight that said just how bad Drew was getting. I'm glad he got on the right track!
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
"I never realized that Rich Fields was weighing Drew down so much."
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.