Author Topic: Who would be the perfect choice to replace Drew in the future?  (Read 8340 times)

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
  • AKA The One Who No One Gets
Re: Who would be the perfect choice to replace Drew in the future?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 05:33:12 PM »
Okay, after seeing the premiere episode of his run, he probably wouldn't be a great choice for TPIR after all. Take that back.

I wonder if Todd Newton would ever make a good replacement, with how he's done the live shows and such.

That's a really great choice. He has a lot of experience, not only with TPIR Live, but also with shows like Whammy
You're going to play PLINKOOOOOOOOOOOOO! For a chance to win up to fifty THOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND dollars!

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 05:36:38 PM »
What about an athlete or a singer? Remember when Terry Crews hosted Millionaire for a season, and now Michael Strahan hosts the new version of Pyramid? Wayne Brady's kind of a singer himself, and he currently does LMAD, and at one time, Don't Forget the Lyrics. Maybe they can get an athlete like Peyton Manning or a singer like Justin Timberlake to do The Price is Right in the future at some point. Or like one of you suggested, George could take over. Or maybe one of the models could do it, like when the models took over hosting duties for April Fool's 2013.
You're going to play PLINKOOOOOOOOOOOOO! For a chance to win up to fifty THOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAND dollars!

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 07:00:22 PM »
I lobbied for him before Drew got picked, and I'll throw him out there again---Marc Summers. He's had TPIR Live experience (IIRC), I'm sure he can memorize pricing game rules like he memorized obstacles, and I'm sure the kinds of contestants TPIR lands would know about "Double Dare".

Offline Cliffhangers491

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 11:38:07 PM »
As much as Drew has grown on me, I always wanted Todd Newton to be the host, and I still think he would be the best for the role if/when Drew steps down within the next decade. Another name I'm surprised nobody has brought up yet is Mark L. Walberg.
Love it. Live it. Learn it. Savor the flavor!

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 12:20:39 AM »
As much as Drew has grown on me, I always wanted Todd Newton to be the host, and I still think he would be the best for the role if/when Drew steps down within the next decade. Another name I'm surprised nobody has brought up yet is Mark L. Walberg.
The funny thing is, Mark L. Walberg is the one Roger was pushing for before CBS named Drew as host. I believe Todd Newton also auditioned, and got rave reviews from Roger as well.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 02:01:47 AM »
Drew isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He's got it made, and no other gig at this stage in his career will ever come close to matching the stability and fame he's achieving now (not to mention the paycheck).

By the time he ultimately does step down, who knows what the crop of potential replacement hosts will look like. Heck, will CBS as we currently know it even still exist in a decade or so with the way media is progressing? I think that and whether Price will be able to translate into the non-traditional, streaming media landscape are the bigger questions we should be asking -- not who will host said show on said network when the current host hypothetically vacates his position.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 08:17:03 AM »
The funny thing is, Mark L. Walberg is the one Roger was pushing for before CBS named Drew as host. I believe Todd Newton also auditioned, and got rave reviews from Roger as well.

Yeah, and didn't he also host The Moment of Truth or something?

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 10:34:59 AM »
Hello all.

I have seen Jerry Springer  host The Price is Right Live  in Branson,MO &  in Tulsa,OK.  He did good as a host. Not sure if he would be a good replacement for Drew. I think that he might be too old to take over as host.

Someone younger to host TPIR after Drew retires:  George Gray would probably be best bet to host.   :D

Offline Gerald78

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 12:20:39 PM »
Drew's not going anywhere soon but didn't I read here that Mario Lopez did a good job when he auditioned 10 years ago?

Offline Plinkomatic

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 05:30:37 PM »
Drew's not going anywhere soon but didn't I read here that Mario Lopez did a good job when he auditioned 10 years ago?

That could be. I did hear that Mario Lopez is going to host a game show based on Candy Crush a few days ago.

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 04:04:35 PM »
Trying to guess who will be popular 5-10 years from now is like trying to predict the success of the NFL draft, but I'll go out on a limb and say Michael Strahan (or perhaps another recently retired sports star in the 2020s).

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 06:37:40 AM »
GSN has reruned to death every version of Family Feud...exect Louie Anderson's. That's probably the most damning evidence of the general consensus of Louie Anderson's hosting of it.

Haha -- very good point. Louie was decent during his first season since he actually put effort into the show but after that it became very obvious that he didn't care. Even MAD TV did multiple Family Feud sketches in which they made fun of that fact.

Anyway, I think Michael Strahan, Chris Hardwick, or Ryan Seacrest would be solid fits alongside the current presentation/style of the show.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:39:44 AM by BD »

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 08:34:42 AM »
Yes Louie was alright during the first season of Feud and after that he didn't really put much effort into the show. Marc Summers and Jerry Springer are both too old for the show, i'm sure producers would want a younger host to host the show for at least 10 more years.

I know this is a strange choice but i would love to see Jonathan Mangum host The price is right. I remember seeing him host segments on deal and he does a really good job.

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 09:33:20 AM »
It'll never happen, but here's an intriguing choice: Marco Antonio Regil, the host of the Mexican version.

I seem to recall he was being considered around the time Barker stepped down, but Regil told me himself that, at the time, he wasn't as fluent in English as he is now, which was largely why he was passed over.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 11:38:07 AM »
I don't know about you guys, BUT, I think Al Roker would be a great host for TPiR. He hosted Celebrity Family Feud a few times, and I really think he'd be awesome.