Author Topic: Emergency Maintenance 5/8/17  (Read 20835 times)

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
Emergency Maintenance 5/8/17
« on: May 08, 2017, 11:59:44 PM »
The site was moved to a brand new server at 7 PM on Monday night - the message board was already updated with the correct details, however, all other site features (the Golden Gallery, Chat, and FAQ) were non-functional.

As a result, the message board was placed into maintenance mode to prevent any changes to the site database while the rest of site functionality was restored. Once all site features were confirmed restored,  message board access was reinstated.

Apologies for the outage tonight you guys, but I have a feeling this will alleviate a substantial number of the site's issues with outages and slow-downs as  the site is being actively cared for once again by our webhost and outages should be hopefully minimal! :)

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: Emergency Maintenance 5/8/17
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 11:16:49 AM »
The chat has been terrible since this update - continually eating half if not over half of my messages when trying to submit (and I think this is going for everyone).
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Cephas

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 11:34:15 AM »
The main site has had problems too; I've been getting an Internal Server Error too often since the 'update'. Refreshing eventually works, but something has gone amiss with the servers since then.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:39:24 AM by Cephas »

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 11:37:00 AM »
Chat is just as bad.  I had to refresh several times before I could finally get back in
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 12:35:19 PM »
I couldn't even get into chat today, getting errors like "server.php" cannot be loaded.

Please fix...!
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 03:08:46 PM »
I know prizes did tell me this morning that unfortunately, we are probably going to have to deal with this for the rest of the season. I am sure she will post eventually as to what is happening next.